ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help, senging the form in 5 days!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibso_00
Newly Registered

urgent help, senging the form in 5 days!!!!

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:49 am

Finally, i got my letter from my overseas account. I have a couple questions about it. Do I also have to send my UK account statements (the money was less than 800 pounds in the last 3 months). Or just my overseas letter would be enough?

When filling out the form, which option should I choose? a) A letter from a financial institution regulated by the FSA or by the appropriate home regulator confirming funds and covering a 3 month period. OR A letter from a bank or building society confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least 3 months? Please help.

Part D of the application form -Immigration History -

D1 - Did applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the united kingdom? Yes or no. Which one do I choose? I have been in the UK since 2006 under a student visa, have extended a couple times, and now on my IGS visa. Are they talking about entry clearance when I first entered the UK in 2006? Or just my most recent one? in which case, the answer would be No

If I say Yes, it asks Where did I obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the UK, which I will say my home counntry then, as I was there when i got my first visa in 2006.

Ihave my passport which has all my visas from 2006 to now, so I will choose NO when they ask if this passport is unavailable, so I will not have to worry about details of journey etc? Am i right?

Thanks for your help guys... I have to apply very soon, so please answer as soon as you can...

koolbone

Re: urgent help, senging the form in 5 days!!!!

Post by koolbone » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:52 am

jibso_00 wrote:Finally, i got my letter from my overseas account. I have a couple questions about it. Do I also have to send my UK account statements (the money was less than 800 pounds in the last 3 months). Or just my overseas letter would be enough?

When filling out the form, which option should I choose? a) A letter from a financial institution regulated by the FSA or by the appropriate home regulator confirming funds and covering a 3 month period. OR A letter from a bank or building society confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least 3 months? Please help.

Part D of the application form -Immigration History -

D1 - Did applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the united kingdom? Yes or no. Which one do I choose? I have been in the UK since 2006 under a student visa, have extended a couple times, and now on my IGS visa. Are they talking about entry clearance when I first entered the UK in 2006? Or just my most recent one? in which case, the answer would be No

If I say Yes, it asks Where did I obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the UK, which I will say my home counntry then, as I was there when i got my first visa in 2006.

Ihave my passport which has all my visas from 2006 to now, so I will choose NO when they ask if this passport is unavailable, so I will not have to worry about details of journey etc? Am i right?

Thanks for your help guys... I have to apply very soon, so please answer as soon as you can...

I really hope you know the difference between entry clearance and leave-to-remain. When you obtained a student visa, this is known as getting entry clearance which gave you permission to enter the UK lawfully. So, in your case, the answer to D1 is Yes because you did obtain entry clearance before coming to the UK. I am guessing you're not an EU citizen, so you needed entry clearance.
Obviously, you obtained this entry-clearance in your home country and since the passport with the entry clearance visa stamped on it is available, you're OK.
The other times you extended your student leave, as well as obtaining your IGS are known as obtaining leave-to-remain in the UK, not entry clearance (since you're already in the UK).
Hope this clears things up for you