ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding family visitor visa for parents VAF1B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prabu
Newly Registered

Query regarding family visitor visa for parents VAF1B

Post by Prabu » Sun May 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the application for family visitor visa

1) My father who was working as a professor for Tamil Nadu state government , India got retired a week ago and he has got his relieving letter and experience certificate in the regional language. I don't think I can get a certificate in English from the government so I need to translate it through some authorized personnel. Should I approach a lawyer to get it done, if not who would be the best person to carry it out?

2) Is a marriage certificate needed for my parents? While applying for passport it was needed so I don't think it would be required for Visa since the proof can be found in the biodata page of the passport. Please advice

3) Regarding the documents, we have a few fixed deposits so while applying for Visa should we submit a the FD original or a xerox copy of the FD?

4) We inquired with SBI regarding bank statement but they said they don't normally provide one, I have asked my parents to check in a different branch, in case if it is not possible to get a bank statement is it fine if we take a xerox copy of the passbook ?

5) I am the only son so there is a possibility for the Embassy to doubt that they may not return so I have asked them to file the property documents copy along with the application. Just wanted to know if I need to take care of anything else to make the application stronger and show that they would not intend to remain at UK permanently?

Thanks,
Prabu

batleykhan

Re: Query regarding family visitor visa for parents VAF1B

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 am

Prabu wrote:Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the application for family visitor visa

1) My father who was working as a professor for Tamil Nadu state government , India got retired a week ago and he has got his relieving letter and experience certificate in the regional language. I don't think I can get a certificate in English from the government so I need to translate it through some authorized personnel. Should I approach a lawyer to get it done, if not who would be the best person to carry it out?

Any solicitor well versed in English and the native language

2) Is a marriage certificate needed for my parents? While applying for passport it was needed so I don't think it would be required for Visa since the proof can be found in the biodata page of the passport. Please advice

No

3) Regarding the documents, we have a few fixed deposits so while applying for Visa should we submit a the FD original or a xerox copy of the FD?

What is a FD?

4) We inquired with SBI regarding bank statement but they said they don't normally provide one, I have asked my parents to check in a different branch, in case if it is not possible to get a bank statement is it fine if we take a xerox copy of the passbook ?

Yes

5) I am the only son so there is a possibility for the Embassy to doubt that they may not return so I have asked them to file the property documents copy along with the application. Just wanted to know if I need to take care of anything else to make the application stronger and show that they would not intend to remain at UK permanently?

Yes

Thanks,
Prabu

bototo

Post by bototo » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 pm

FD= Fixed deposits.

The Home Office always prefers originals.

SBI does provide statements. Tell your branch manager that it IS possible and others have done it.

Apart from property you should show other commitments - like siblings, friends, organisations they belong to etc. Anything that shows reason why they are likely to return is best included in the application.

Marriage certificate: Yes. In original. If one of them has a stronger case the proof of marriage may help the other (though I defer to Batley Khan's experience in this matter)

Prabu
Newly Registered

Post by Prabu » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 am

Thank you very much .

My parents submitted their application on June 5th and the visa got approved on June 10th.

Took 4 working days.

Documents submitted by me

cover letter - one to parents and one to VFS office
bank statement for 6 months
payslip for last 6 months
rental aggreement
employer letter
passport xerox copy
work permit copy

from parents

bank statement for 6 months
VAF 1B form
parents passport
property documents in english
marriage certificate
releieving letter and experience letter in english ( since my father was retired )

Thanks,
Prabu M

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Welld done and congrats to you and your parents. I hope they enjoy their stay in the UK