ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa advice needed!!!! :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaanabee

visa advice needed!!!! :(

Post by jaanabee » Wed May 27, 2009 3:24 pm

my man entered UK illegally in 2003 . We have been together for 3 years and have a 1 year old baby girl.
we came 2 his country to get legally married or for him 2 apply via fiancee visa...

I am on benefits and only have a part time job,i want 2 know what chances we have of him being allowed 2the UK. how many appeals wud he get? and what r the chances of them being successful?

is it likely he cud be banned?

thanks for any help u can give me
Last edited by jaanabee on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 pm

come on guys,anyone????????? :cry:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:13 pm

You have a weak application regarding finance. You would need to show that you can support him financially without claiming extra benefits, which
will difficult to prove if you're only working part-time and your income is low. Many straightforward applications are refused on finance alone.
Although Spouse visa applications don't come under the automatic ban of 10 years you have the added problem of the illegal entry..i.e not just a simple overstay from a visa entry. He could be refused due to this, and if he has worked/lived in the UK under a false name and documents.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:14 pm

You have a weak application regarding finance. You would need to show that you can support him financially without claiming extra benefits, which
will difficult to prove if you're only working part-time and your income is low. Many straightforward applications are refused on finance alone.
Although Spouse visa applications don't come under the automatic ban of 10 years you have the added problem of the illegal entry..i.e not just a simple overstay from a visa entry. He could be refused due to this, and if he has worked/lived in the UK under a false name and documents.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:16 pm

sorry for the multiple post...went into debug mode! :roll:

hmm

Post by hmm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Your financial situation doesn't seems good. How are you with accomodation? Enough room where you staying for him when he comes over? It'd be better if you work full time and/or earn reasonable income. Do you have any savings? If you have, then you can show that and say he will work once he is here. Do you/him have family or friends who can give you a supporting letter saying they'd support him financially until hegets a full time job (I know its not good but atleast it is some thing) and stay with them untill you sort out yourself?

Did he apply for an assylum while he was here or was he unknown to Home office? If he was an ssylum seeker and left UK voluntarily then he shouldn't have any problem coming back if he satisfy all the other requirements. There are lots ofpoeple done that, there are posts on this forum about it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Having friends or family offering to help him financially isn't an option as 3rd party financial support is not allowed for a spouse visa application.
You have to prove that you can support yourselves without help from others.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 pm

hi guys,thanks 4ur help

i dont think i will b able 2apply via spouse visa,but fiancee instead! my brother is willing 2support him financially....can that help?

he entered illegally...no asylum issues or overstay...

:(

he was unknown 4rm da home office and left voluntarily... no fake documents,fake name etc

he has savings ? wud that help.........
Last edited by jaanabee on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:11 pm

jaanabee wrote:hi guys,thanks 4ur help

i dont think i will b able 2apply via spouse visa,but fiancee instead! my brother is willing 2support him financially....can that help?

he entered illegally...no asylum issues or overstay...

:(

he was unknown 4rm da home office and left voluntarily... no fake documents,fake name etc

he has savings of upto 10 grand? wud that help.........
No third party support for fiance either.

I have to ask - how did he manage to save 10k? Legally? I'm struggling to save on £110k a year.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:56 pm

he worked hard since he was kid,lol thats abt his life savings! i have none,which is the problem!

no third party sponsership 4either,that sucks :?