ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theprophet
Newly Registered

Urgent Visa Query

Post by theprophet » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi,

I already have a Tier 1 Visa.

I now want to apply for a Tier 1 Visa for my fiance. If her Tier 1 Visa is rejected then do I have to wait for sometime before applying for her as a dependent on my visa?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Visa Query

Post by push » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:57 pm

theprophet wrote:Hi,

I now want to apply for a Tier 1 Visa for my fiance. If her Tier 1 Visa is rejected then do I have to wait for sometime before applying for her as a dependent on my visa?
In my opinion, she doesn't have to wait. Are you saying that she will apply as Tier-1 main applicant first and in case her visa application is rejected she would try for an entry as Tier-1 dependant?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Visa Query

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:14 am

theprophet wrote:Hi,

watz her current VISA Status in the country now?? it depends on this also..

theprophet
Newly Registered

Post by theprophet » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am

@push_hsmp

Currently she holds no UK visa.

Yes. She will apply as a General canditate for Tier 1 first based on her ability to get the required points.

If that is unsuccesful then she will apply as a dependent after we get married on my existing Tier 1 visa.

Is there a wait required between the two applications if the first one is not successful?

If she has the required points and all the paperwork is correct could the visa still be denied? Do they have a target number of people who will get the visa? Does this vary according to the skill shortage in the UK? Is this industry specific?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 pm

theprophet wrote:@push_hsmp

Yes. She will apply as a General canditate for Tier 1 first based on her ability to get the required points.

If that is unsuccesful then she will apply as a dependent after we get married on my existing Tier 1 visa.

Is there a wait required between the two applications if the first one is not successful?

If she has the required points and all the paperwork is correct could the visa still be denied? Do they have a target number of people who will get the visa? Does this vary according to the skill shortage in the UK? Is this industry specific?
No - I don't think she'd have to wait under these circumstances. If all the paperwork is correct and there is no reason for them to suspect that any deception has been used, then there's no reason to deny her a visa. There isn't a specific quota on the number of visas issued under Tier 1.

theprophet
Newly Registered

Post by theprophet » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 pm

thanks drjabber

Can somebody else also confirm this?

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Agree with drjabberwocky23!!
drjabberwocky23 wrote:
theprophet wrote:@push_hsmp

No - I don't think she'd have to wait under these circumstances. If all the paperwork is correct and there is no reason for them to suspect that any deception has been used, then there's no reason to deny her a visa. There isn't a specific quota on the number of visas issued under Tier 1.