ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Citizenship Bill: ILR to PRL Changes

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkrohela
BANNED

New Citizenship Bill: ILR to PRL Changes

Post by rkrohela » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Hello Friends,

I was going through the discussion over the new Citizenship Bill, I did notice the changes such as probationary citizenship, community work etc.

But I have a specific query, for NON JR HSMP/Tier 1, will the period of 5 years, for ILR or PRL as they now call it be altered, or will it continue to be five years?
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 pm

They way current bill stand it will be altered for everyone, The bill had clause 39 which was inserted to protect HSMP pre April 2006, the Clause 39 is removed from the bill and a new improved clause will be introduced as per Home Office as secondary legislation and will cover the HSMP Pre April 2006 and hopefully will introduce some transitional arrangements for others , hopes are not very high for HSMP Post JR.

Many MP's have taken the issue against applying changes retrospectively but at this point nothing is clear.

The above was discussed on Citizenship bill reading on 11.06.09

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 611s01.htm

Regards,
Tipu

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 am

From the updated information as on 16.06.09, many MP's still do not agree with several other clauses.

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/200 ... ation.html

But as we know, immigration laws have a tendency to become tougher each day.

tipu20 wrote:They way current bill stand it will be altered for everyone, The bill had clause 39 which was inserted to protect HSMP pre April 2006, the Clause 39 is removed from the bill and a new improved clause will be introduced as per Home Office as secondary legislation and will cover the HSMP Pre April 2006 and hopefully will introduce some transitional arrangements for others , hopes are not very high for HSMP Post JR.

Many MP's have taken the issue against applying changes retrospectively but at this point nothing is clear.

The above was discussed on Citizenship bill reading on 11.06.09

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 611s01.htm

Regards,
Tipu
Last edited by mvent00 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: New Citizenship Bill: ILR to PRL Changes

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:17 pm

I wouldn't surprise if people from this or HSMP forum challenge that decision too. It is also like moving goalpost in the middle of the game.
rkrohela wrote:Hello Friends,

I was going through the discussion over the new Citizenship Bill, I did notice the changes such as probationary citizenship, community work etc.

But I have a specific query, for NON JR HSMP/Tier 1, will the period of 5 years, for ILR or PRL as they now call it be altered, or will it continue to be five years?

tomcat
Newly Registered

Re: New Citizenship Bill: ILR to PRL Changes

Post by tomcat » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:58 pm

chetanojha wrote:I wouldn't surprise if people from this or HSMP forum challenge that decision too. It is also like moving goalpost in the middle of the game.
rkrohela wrote:Hello Friends,

They most definately should. Clearly its unfair..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Is there any idea about its probable implementation date???

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:06 pm

As per the discussion in link below it looks like it will be in December 2010 but nothing is conformed...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32413

mvent00 wrote:Is there any idea about its probable implementation date???

mvent00
Diamond Member

Thank you.

Post by mvent00 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 am

Thank you, I did not know about that link. The information and discussion there made me depressed. Let us hope and pray for the best. I think no other country in the world have done like this, and I hope it would be rejected too. It may have severe effects on UK, economy, etc.
nksg wrote:As per the discussion in link below it looks like it will be in December 2010 but nothing is conformed...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32413

mvent00 wrote:Is there any idea about its probable implementation date???

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:59 pm

We should have more clarity after the elections next year (The bill would have passed by then). The decisions would not be driven by political expediency
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer