ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK schengen visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golfpunk
Newly Registered

UK schengen visa

Post by golfpunk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi there

I have a friend who is Serbian(non-eu) she's like to come to the uk for a couple of weeks to visit. She is currently not studying or working, will this affect her visa application?, she has the funds to support herself for the two weeks she will be here for without my help.

Also if I put in my letter of invitation that it will be a two week stay, and she stays longer, will that cause trouble?, because the tourist visa gives her 6 months.

Any help much appreciated.

G

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:19 am

Wrong forum, but here are some answers to your query:

As long as your friend can show the necessary funds and prove that she will go back before the visa expires, she should get the necessary entry clearence.

It doesnt matter if you say 2 weeks in the letter and stay for 2 months as long as the visa is valid. She can stay legally till the visa expires.

Vikram

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks for reply, sorry wrong section. How will she prove that she is going back?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:44 am

golfpunk wrote:Thanks for reply, sorry wrong section. How will she prove that she is going back?
through her links in the home country - i.e. continuing education/ employment (leave approval letter)/ family settled there and fixed assets like property etc in her name
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Excellent thanks, her family are there and she has property in her name.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 pm

When applying for visa in Belgrade you should also send her a letter to say that she will stay with you etc.

Post by 1971 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 am

Hi,

And include your Bank statement,payslips,tax docs and all other evidences that you can support her during her stay in the UK and if possible state that she will be going back to her country after the visit.

I wish you and her application well.

Cheers,
"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:59 pm

1971 wrote:Hi,

And include your Bank statement,payslips,tax docs and all other evidences that you can support her during her stay in the UK and if possible state that she will be going back to her country after the visit.

Cheers,
She is only going to be here for one week, why do i need to send my financial details. Does she have to show money in her bank, even if she owns property in Serbia, because she doesn't have much.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:12 pm

golfpunk wrote:
1971 wrote:Hi,

Cheers,
She is only going to be here for one week, why do i need to send my financial details. Does she have to show money in her bank, even if she owns property in Serbia, because she doesn't have much.
Well ECO needs to be satisfied re availability of finances for her travel and stay in UK.
regards,
push

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Following information is available on ukvisas website:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... rs#9275887

What supporting documents should I include with my application?

You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK as a visitor. If you do not, we may refuse your application.

As a guide, you should include:
- bank statements, payslips, or some other evidence to show that you can pay for the trip and that you have enough money to support yourself and any dependants without working or getting any help from public funds, and
- evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for example, a letter from your employer).

If you are visiting family or friends you will need:
- a letter from your sponsor (the person you are visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit, and
- a copy of the bio-data page (the page containing their photograph) of their UK passport or, if they are not a UK national, evidence of their immigration status in the United Kingdom.

If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need:
- payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you.

Hope that helps.

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 pm

mvent00 wrote:Following information is available on ukvisas website:

You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK as a visitor. If you do not, we may refuse your application.

- bank statements, payslips, or some other evidence to show that you can pay for the trip and that you have enough money to support yourself and any dependants without working or getting any help from public funds, and
- evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for example, a letter from your employer).

- a letter from your sponsor (the person you are visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit, and
- a copy of the bio-data page (the page containing their photograph) of their UK passport or, if they are not a UK national, evidence of their immigration status in the United Kingdom.

If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need:
- payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. With regard to the last one there, does that mean if she can prove she has enough money for stay(for ten days), then I do not need to send financial details?.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 pm

golfpunk wrote:

Hope that helps.

Thanks. With regard to the last one there, does that mean if she can prove she has enough money for stay(for ten days), then I do not need to send financial details?.
ppl say - the more the merrier
regards,
push

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:37 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
golfpunk wrote:

Hope that helps.

Well is it worth me sending bank statements when it will just show my salary going in at end of month and nothing much else?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:44 pm

She should have sufficient funds to cover her trip (its better to show funds well in excess of what would be required for the trip). An account (yours in this case) with not decent balance does not add anything to the application, in my opinion.
regards,
push

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Post by golfpunk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:15 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
golfpunk wrote:

Hope that helps.

Well is it worth me sending bank statements when it will just show my salary going in at end of month and nothing much else?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:26 pm

golfpunk wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
golfpunk wrote:

Hope that helps.

not really, in my opinion unless it has accumulated funds as well.
regards,
push

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: UK schengen visa

Post by mvent00 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:15 pm

In addition, I think you should correct the subject of querry and your information. UK is not a member of Schengen Agreement Countries and does not issue a Schengen Visa (which allows you to travel in the member countries without any additional visa).
golfpunk wrote:Hi there

I have a friend who is Serbian(non-eu) she's like to come to the uk for a couple of weeks to visit. She is currently not studying or working, will this affect her visa application?, she has the funds to support herself for the two weeks she will be here for without my help.

Also if I put in my letter of invitation that it will be a two week stay, and she stays longer, will that cause trouble?, because the tourist visa gives her 6 months.

G

golfpunk
Newly Registered

Re: UK schengen visa

Post by golfpunk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

mvent00 wrote:In addition, I think you should correct the subject of querry and your information. UK is not a member of Schengen Agreement Countries and does not issue a Schengen Visa (which allows you to travel in the member countries without any additional visa).
golfpunk wrote:Hi there

G
Yep sorry about that, this visa process is a nightmare, especially for her in Serbia due to the obscene bureacracy with visa applications. Hopefully at the end of this year Serbians will not need a visa to travel to the uk anymore.

All because of Milosevic, because of him, America and the UK decided to punish the whole country with economic sanctions an dother crap, evil in my opinion.