ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dagga
Newly Registered

Post by dagga » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Folks, I received my info request yesterday for P21 etc. but I don’t have the origin Long form copy of my birth cert. I’ve arranged to get a copy but it going to take 20 days.

Do you think I should send on the P21 etc now and when my birth cert arrives send that separately?

Anyone have any idea of how much longer is going to take until I get approval letter?

Regards

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:18 pm

dagga wrote:Folks, I received my info request yesterday for P21 etc. but I don’t have the origin Long form copy of my birth cert. I’ve arranged to get a copy but it going to take 20 days.

Do you think I should send on the P21 etc now and when my birth cert arrives send that separately?

Anyone have any idea of how much longer is going to take until I get approval letter?

Regards
It might confuse them less if you send it all together.
It's anyone's guess how long it will take, it seems random at best, but 6 months is a reasonable estimate.
When did you apply?

dagga
Newly Registered

Post by dagga » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Cheers Tom4
That’s what I was thinking alright
Applied Feb 08

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi All
I got my natural cert today, I took oath on 14th and got acknowledgement last week and a cert today.
wow!
Got passport form and filling now,
hmm long term birth cert, i gues i will use the affidavit form as done in naturalization.
One of my friend send this with passport express and instead of sending passport they asked for long term birth cert, he got delayed as long term birth cert or affidavit is needed,
just FYI folks

show me the jobs in UK now :-) :-)

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 pm

dagga wrote:Folks, I received my info request yesterday for P21 etc. but I don’t have the origin Long form copy of my birth cert. I’ve arranged to get a copy but it going to take 20 days.

Regards
Dagga, One other thing, if your long form Birth cert does not have your parents' birth dates & place of birth, you may be required to submit a birth 'Affidavit' - Pahadia in this forum may have shared the link in one of the Posts. If you're married, a Marriage Affidavit may also be required - if your marriage cert does not have civil-status at the time of marriage. Goodluck.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Congratulations hussie!

I got my approval 2 weeks ago and I got an appointment for September. :(

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:42 am

LuasPassenger wrote:Hello ChIrl and IrelandHopeful,

Would you mind me asking how come you got such quick appointments for the oath? Do you live outside Dublin? What court(s) did you use?
Hi LuasPassenger,

I called about 5 different courts which gave me far fetched appointments, but I persisted until I got one that was sitting in a couple of hours from the time I called. Incidentally that court is within my county, i.e. Dundalk court in Louth.

Cheers,

IrelandHopeful 8)

hussie
Newly Registered

Post by hussie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

Just wondering for those poor guys in Dublin still waiting...

Have any of you considered to pre-book the court? It seems like the guys on the forum can give you a pretty good estimate on when your letter will arrive. Courts are booked at elast 4 months in advance now so as long as you're more accurate than 4 months for the expected letter, you will save time by booking in advance.

nanette
Member of Standing

Thursday callers

Post by nanette » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am

WFOA = Waiting 4 Outside Agency.

make me wanna throw up !

Nana

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:23 am

Too good to be true?

Was just told that all external reports have come back and file is being prepared for submission to the minister.

I remain deeply skeptical, but well, it's certainly better than 'waiting for outside agencies."

Timeline for those interested:

Application submitted in August 2006
Receipt of application submission in September 2006.
Request for further documents in September 2008.
Waiting on outside agencies since September 2008.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:33 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Too good to be true?

Was just told that all external reports have come back and file is being prepared for submission to the minister.

I remain deeply skeptical, but well, it's certainly better than 'waiting for outside agencies."

I feel you sideshowsue. Keep the hope up. I am sure there are a many who that phrase will ring in their head for a long time to come: WFAO => Waitinf For Outside Agency :lol: Ridiculous :evil:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:42 pm

9jeirean wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:Too good to be true?

I feel you sideshowsue. Keep the hope up. I am sure there are a many who that phrase will ring in their head for a long time to come: WFAO => Waiting For Outside Agency :lol:
Ridiculous :evil:

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:01 pm

I just feel sick. I want to throw up. WFOA for 8 months that's ridiculous.

We should all write to the director of INIS (Mr Patrick Fallon).
This is not acceptable.

They are not doing a very good job and one wonders why the country is at it knees.... 8 months to check a computer and print a report is beyond beliefs. This is not incompetence either.
This is resentment towards non-nationals...funny part is that those non-nationals have contributed enormously to the GDP of this country.

I just want to throw up. Pouah !

Nana

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:24 pm

nanette wrote:I just feel sick. I want to throw up. WFOA for 8 months that's ridiculous.

We should all write to the director of INIS (Mr Patrick Fallon).
This is not acceptable.

They are not doing a very good job and one wonders why the country is at it knees.... 8 months to check a computer and print a report is beyond beliefs. This is not incompetence either.
This is resentment towards non-nationals...funny part is that those non-nationals have contributed enormously to the GDP of this country.

I just want to throw up. Pouah !

Nana
You know as they say "Delay is a form of denial". We wait and see sooner or later these guys wil come out of denial and smell the coffee :roll:

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 pm

9jeirean wrote:We wait and see sooner or later these guys wil come out of denial and smell the coffee :roll:
isn't de Nile in Egypt?
This is no time to be sitting around in the sun on a foreign holiday, they have a huge backlog to clear!!!
I hope the crocodiles eat them!

I shall join benifa and get my coat too.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:56 pm

And also, it is very simple. if they think we should go back where we can from or go somewhere else where at least dignity is measured by our committments, contributions and effort then it is simple, Minister Dermot Ahern should have the balls big enough to tell us and it is simple:

If I know that I am not going to get it then so be it, tell me now so that I review my plans and not waste my time on this piece of land.

A privilege, me arse, this is more exploitation, mind degradation and any other kind of "ation" that I'll leave your imagination to explore.

The polish have shown them what loyalty looks like.

May God vomit on who ever made this stupid, stupid, stupid policy.

We should start a twitter group on this and get more support.

Pouah !
Nana

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:09 pm

nanette wrote:We should start a twitter group on this and get more support.
Good idea, you kick it off and post the location here...

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

new info on INIS website

Post by Jakes_26 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 pm

FYI

"Information On Application Processing Times
The average time from application to decision is now at 23 months.

A significant number of applications are initially found to be invalid for a variety of reasons and these are now being dealt with and returned to the applicant within a week.

Poor application quality is a factor that affects processing times. Almost 10% of total resources available to the Citizenship Division are wasted on assessing poor quality applications, which have to be returned for further attention.
There is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.
Decisions on naturalisation are made by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform at his absolute discretion. Applicants who do not commit to living in Ireland, applicants who have come to the adverse attention of An Garda Síochána or applicants who are a financial burden on the State are unlikely to be granted naturalisation.

The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in early 2008."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Many thanks Jakes_26 for this interesting information.
So INIS started processing 2008 applications.. Looks good.
I hope that the "financial burden on the State" part would be taken into consideration in a fairly manner when deciding of eligibility..

smalltime

low wager

Post by smalltime » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 pm

deleted no reply
have personal infos
Last edited by smalltime on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:21 pm

:shock: Received my approval letter today. Not registered mail. I applied in August 2006. Now to get a court date and find the fee money.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:50 pm

rustig wrote::shock: Received my approval letter today. Not registered mail. I applied in August 2006. Now to get a court date and find the fee money.
Congratulations! At least you can now save the postage of repeated letters to INIS! ;)

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:31 pm

rustig wrote::shock: Received my approval letter today. Not registered mail. I applied in August 2006. Now to get a court date and find the fee money.
Congrats Rustig !Light at the end of the tunnel atlast ! but it looks gloomy for us 2008ers..long way to go !

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Congratulations rustig!

realgunner

hard to get citzenship in ireland?

Post by realgunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 am

Hi guys,

I applied my application in dec 07 and last time i heard from them was about a year ago,Should i ring them?

I was employed when i applied my application but since last year im unemployed so this mean they won't grant me the naturalisation.

Please reply back soon and especially anyone who is in the same situation as me and others.