ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR | Judicial Review 6th March 2009

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

ILR | Judicial Review 6th March 2009

Post by RagsKasthuri » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:46 am

Hi,

I initially entered the united Kingdom on the 4th April 2004 as a work permit holder.

On the 24th August 2005, I was granted leave to remain in the United Kingdom under HSMP (Initial HSMP application approved and passport sealed with the HSMP visa on the 24th August 2005)

On the 24th August 2006, I was granted extension of leave to remain in the United Kingdom for 4 years till the 24th August 2010.

I completed my 4 years and 11 months in the United Kingdom in March 2009 and have made an application for ILR on the 15th March 2009. The latest update I have from the Home Office this morning by calling them is that my application is currently getting processed by a case worker.

However, as per the Judicial review judgement on the 6th April 2009, as a HSMP holder before the 6th April 2006, I have completed my 4 years of lawful stay in the United Kingdom on the 4th April 2008. Kindly let me know if my ILR was successful, would I be covered by the Judicial review and my ILR be backdated to the 4th April 2008? I have also sent in a letter to the lunar house, Croydon office explaining the same as additional information to my application.

Thanks & Regards,
Rags
M: 07845180202

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

You have 2 threads opened for the same question, can you please close one

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 am

Rags Wrote:
Hi,

I initially entered the united Kingdom on the 4th April 2004 as a work permit holder.

On the 24th August 2005, I was granted leave to remain in the United Kingdom under HSMP (Initial HSMP application approved and passport sealed with the HSMP visa on the 24th August 2005)

On the 24th August 2006, I was granted extension of leave to remain in the United Kingdom for 4 years till the 24th August 2010.

I completed my 4 years and 11 months in the United Kingdom in March 2009 and have made an application for ILR on the 15th March 2009. The latest update I have from the Home Office this morning by calling them is that my application is currently getting processed by a case worker.

However, as per the Judicial review judgement on the 6th April 2009, as a HSMP holder before the 6th April 2006, I have completed my 4 years of lawful stay in the United Kingdom on the 4th April 2008. Kindly let me know if my ILR was successful, would I be covered by the Judicial review and my ILR be backdated to the 4th April 2008? I have also sent in a letter to the lunar house, Croydon office explaining the same as additional information to my application.

Thanks & Regards,
Rags
M: 07845180202
I can confirm to u rags that you could apply for citizenship immedaitely after you got ur ILR back from HO as I am sure it will be backdated to April 2008.

I wish you all the best and enjoy your naturalization if you intend to naturalize anyway!

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Yes, you should get ILR on your passport and a letter stating that it is backdated to 4/4/2008. When you receive everything back, you can apply immediately for citizenship. I hope it's not a long wait for your passport and letter. Good luck!

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

ILR

Post by RagsKasthuri » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi

Looks like I missed the post man yesterday while he had tried to deliver the courier.

Should have some news by the end of the week.

Thanks for giving me a green signal that my ILR should be back dated to April 2008.

Cheers,
Rags

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

Granted ILR

Post by RagsKasthuri » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi,

I have been granted ILR as mentioned by you guys on this board.

The home office has even considered my stay earlier in 2002-03 and have backdated my ILR to August 2006.

I find this immigrationboard to be very useful and people are giving the correct information which is very hepful. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Rags

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Granted ILR

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 pm

RagsKasthuri wrote:Hi,

I have been granted ILR as mentioned by you guys on this board.

The home office has even considered my stay earlier in 2002-03 and have backdated my ILR to August 2006.

I find this immigrationboard to be very useful and people are giving the correct information which is very hepful. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Rags
Congratulations, can you confirm on what ground you applied for ILR? And a brief story line on your experiences? Thanks

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

ILR granted

Post by RagsKasthuri » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Ofcourse I can.

I have lived in the UK since August 2002. However, in 2003, I had a gap in my stay in the UK. My Work permit has been continuously been active for the period of time I had been away from the country.

In 2005, I applied for HSMP and was awarded HSMP in August 05. Then applied for an extension in August'06 and had an extension for 4 years.

I didn't realise I qualified for ILR back in August 2006. I waited to complete my 5 years of continuous residence in the UK and applied for it in March 2009 and was awared an ILR backdated to August 2006 which means I am eligible for British Citizenship since August 2007.

The next step I'm planning is to make an application for British Citizenship in the next month or so. If anyone can help me with the documents to submit, Nationality checking service, e.t.c, it would be greatly appreciated. I've started another topic and a thread separately for the British Citizenship.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Rags

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:34 am

Congratulations! That's really good news. Good luck with your citizenship application.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR granted

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:05 pm

RagsKasthuri wrote:Ofcourse I can.

The next step I'm planning is to make an application for British Citizenship in the next month or so. If anyone can help me with the documents to submit, Nationality checking service, e.t.c, it would be greatly appreciated. I've started another topic and a thread separately for the British Citizenship.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Rags
Thanks, all the best on the final steps

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

Citizenship Application | Nationality Checking Service

Post by RagsKasthuri » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:30 am

Hi,

I have now taken an appointment with the Nationality Checking Service in Hamilton, Scotland. I would be happy if someone can clarify the following:

1) Can I provide a combination of Payslips, employers letter, P60 and P45's for the period employment?
To be specific, what want to confirm is, Example in my case, can I provide an
- employers letter for the employment between April 2004 and February 2006,
- P60 to cover employment period from February 2006 to May 2007,
- Payslips and P45 to cover the employment period from May 2007 to July 2007

2) For the period I am self employed, would it be enough to have a statement from HMRC stating the acknowledgement of the payment of the corporation tax for the time period August 2007 to August 2008 ?

3) Beyond 2008, my accountant has not even prepared the company accounts. So I will not be able to provide any document for the time period August 2008 to August 2009. Is this acceptable? All I can provide for this period is the contracts I have fetched and the invoices I had claimed and the bank statements. Would this be enough?

Thanks,
Rags