ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Patience

Post by Patience » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Gerkema wrote:I have received a letter asking me to submit additional documents (passports, evidence of exercising EU treaty rights and marriage certificate).

This of course is good news, however, they want we to submit this within 21 days, ie before 13 July. My wife is today going to her family in Russia and I will follow in 1 month, which means we cannot submit these documents before September. Could this be a problem? I have tried and tried again today to call 0845 010 5200, but I can't get through as all advisors are currently busy.

Does anyone have some experience with submitting original documents later than the suggested 21 days?
I would forget the holidays and finish off with the Home Office for once.It is up to you now.Not sure what will happen if you by pass the limit date.

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Gerkema wrote:I have received a letter asking me to submit additional documents (passports, evidence of exercising EU treaty rights and marriage certificate).

This of course is good news, however, they want we to submit this within 21 days, ie before 13 July. My wife is today going to her family in Russia and I will follow in 1 month, which means we cannot submit these documents before September. Could this be a problem? I have tried and tried again today to call 0845 010 5200, but I can't get through as all advisors are currently busy.

Does anyone have some experience with submitting original documents later than the suggested 21 days?
Write to your case work about your inability to produce the documents within 21 days. Ask the case worker what you need to do?

Address the letter to your case worker with case worker id, you can find the case worker id in the letter, which they have sent you for demanding additional document.

Mean while keep calling HO. don’t try enquiry option, try return of passport option.

residence
Newly Registered

Post by residence » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

HO requested additional document which I have submitted on April 14, 2009. up till date they said its still on going. I even spoke to the today and they said d same thing.
Please is anyone in my shoes or can give advice

FlightlessKiwi
Newly Registered

Post by FlightlessKiwi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Dear all

I've just become living proof that the Home Office are potentially getting their pathetic act together. Albeit off a very low base of competence. Today I received my passport and documents in the mail with a fine looking Residence Certificate in place. Its an unbelievable relief. The total time has been about 6 months 2 weeks. I consider myself lucky at that, I was expecting far worse. My timeline is as follows:

4th Dec 2008 Applied for EEA2

10th Jan 2009 Received Certificate of Application

25th May 2009 Emailed complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

29 May 2009 Received apology letter from HO dated 01 June 2009 indicating my application had been passed to a caseworker

18 June 2009 received passport in mail with valid 5 year Residence Certificate

Interestingly the RC is dated 01 June 2009 so presumably it was processed on this date which is the very same day it was passed to a caseworker from the mountain of other applications it had been obviously languishing under. I think its also kind of interesting that it has taken them 18 days to get it posted back to me after it was processed. That's a good effort considering all they had to do was slip it in the overnight mail.

I note that with many other applications; after they've forwarded the standard apology letter the HO have asked for additional "proof" that the EEA sponsor was still "exercising their Treaty Rights" i.e. employed. This never happened with me. They just processed it. I've no idea why I got lucky with this but I suspect it may have been because they already had both our passports and all the documents.

Who knows how the HO works but for what its worth my advice would be as follows:

- Take no short-cuts with the supporting information required. Over-provide supporting documentation rather than under-providing. Ensure all documents are original and anything in other than English needs to be certifiably translated.

- Package up the application with indexed dividers for each section. Include a covering letter. I suspect that good written English may help in all written documentation. If only because it makes the documents more accessible and quicker for them to read. If English is your second language it might be beneficial to get it proofed.

- Most fundamentally I think its important to complain as soon as you are approaching the 6 month deadline. A simple email is what worked for me. Just a cold firm email outlining the time delay and reminding them of their obligations.

These are just my thoughts. They're nothing more than hunches so I wouldn't suggest sticking to them religiously. Whatever works for you. The HO doesn't appear to operate with a lot of consistency anyway.

All I know is that I'm very pleased to be kissing the HO goodbye. Its been a nightmare

Good luck

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:35 pm

very very lucky dude u r @ FlightlessKiwi.........1 out of 10 get it that quick.... anyway i m one of those who haveagain submitted the documetns after asking from case worker on 30th of may..... still nothing from them.... i wonder when this drama will close down...

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am

FlightlessKiwi wrote:Dear all

I've just become living proof that the Home Office are potentially getting their pathetic act together. Albeit off a very low base of competence. Today I received my passport and documents in the mail with a fine looking Residence Certificate in place. Its an unbelievable relief. The total time has been about 6 months 2 weeks. I consider myself lucky at that, I was expecting far worse. My timeline is as follows:

4th Dec 2008 Applied for EEA2

10th Jan 2009 Received Certificate of Application

25th May 2009 Emailed complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

29 May 2009 Received apology letter from HO dated 01 June 2009 indicating my application had been passed to a caseworker

18 June 2009 received passport in mail with valid 5 year Residence Certificate

Interestingly the RC is dated 01 June 2009 so presumably it was processed on this date which is the very same day it was passed to a caseworker from the mountain of other applications it had been obviously languishing under. I think its also kind of interesting that it has taken them 18 days to get it posted back to me after it was processed. That's a good effort considering all they had to do was slip it in the overnight mail.

I note that with many other applications; after they've forwarded the standard apology letter the HO have asked for additional "proof" that the EEA sponsor was still "exercising their Treaty Rights" i.e. employed. This never happened with me. They just processed it. I've no idea why I got lucky with this but I suspect it may have been because they already had both our passports and all the documents.

Who knows how the HO works but for what its worth my advice would be as follows:

- Take no short-cuts with the supporting information required. Over-provide supporting documentation rather than under-providing. Ensure all documents are original and anything in other than English needs to be certifiably translated.

- Package up the application with indexed dividers for each section. Include a covering letter. I suspect that good written English may help in all written documentation. If only because it makes the documents more accessible and quicker for them to read. If English is your second language it might be beneficial to get it proofed.

- Most fundamentally I think its important to complain as soon as you are approaching the 6 month deadline. A simple email is what worked for me. Just a cold firm email outlining the time delay and reminding them of their obligations.

These are just my thoughts. They're nothing more than hunches so I wouldn't suggest sticking to them religiously. Whatever works for you. The HO doesn't appear to operate with a lot of consistency anyway.

All I know is that I'm very pleased to be kissing the HO goodbye. Its been a nightmare

Good luck
Sensible advise mate!

apretori
Newly Registered

Post by apretori » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Dear all,

Although my EEA2 application saga does not have a happy ending yet, I thought it may be useful to share my experience with you. I would be interested in you thoughts, especially on the feedback I got from my MP.

My timeline is very similar to previous posts, so I will not repeat it here. In summary, the day after the six months anniversary of my EEA2 application, I took the following action:

1. Emailed a complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
2. Opened a case with SOLVIT
3. Emailed my MP

On the very same day, I received confirmation of receipt from SOLVIT and from my MP with requests for further information from both. A week after my initial email, after still not having received any confirmation from the HO, I posted a hard copy of my complaint to the HO with special delivery. This was earlier this week, but I have not received anything back from them.

A week and a day after first contacting SOLVIT, I received a further email from them in which they informed me that my case had been passed to SOLVIT UK. They also noted that based on their experience, the delay in processing my EEA2 application is likely to be a result of the HO being understaffed, but that they will follow up my case and inform me of any developments. (In fact, I was just interrupted by a phone call from them requesting a copy of my Certificate of Application.)

Later the same day (1 week and 1 day after my email to him) I received a rather disturbing message from my MP. After having taken up my case with the HO, they informed him that I am currently not eligible to work in the UK. Their argument is that because I did not include both my and my wife's (EEA national) original passports in my application I am now not allowed to work. Like many posters on this forum, I submitted certified copies of our passports and noted in a cover letter that I will submit the originals as soon as they are required; it would have been completely impossible to function in the UK for the past six-and-a-half months without valid ID.

My MP also mentioned that the HO claims to have requested our passports in writing and that I had not responded. Absolutely untrue; at the time of writing this, I have received no such requests from them. Further, the HO informed my MP that they write to all EEA2 family members who are eligible to work in the UK. Aren't we all? In my case, apart from my Certificate of Application, on which no mention is made of employment rights, I have certainly not received any confirmation of any of my rights whatsoever.

Immediately after receiving this email I phoned SOLVIT in Brussels where I was fortunate to speak to a very competent person. She confirmed that, since I am married to an EEA national who is exercising her right to work in the UK, it is highly unlikely (that is, close to impossible) that I do not have the right to work.

In any event, following the suggestion of my MP to immediately submit our passports to the HO, I did so earlier today. I have no idea whether I stand any chance of having this resolved soon, but I will keep you posted.

Patience

Post by Patience » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:56 pm

The HO is a joke.

They blatantly tell lies to survive.My caseworker also lied to me about writing a letter to request for original documents after I sent my complaint letter.Terrible lie.I never received any letter.She cheekily attached a file copy of this letter.Why did I not receive it?

As soon as you complain, they come back with lies and excuses to kill the fire.

Eric-Poole

Write

Post by Eric-Poole » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 am

Don't waste your time calling HO. Verbal promises have absolutely no value.
I got my case processed without a single phone call. My advice, write and record every letter (so you have proof that it has been received), specify a time to respond in your letter, and send reminders until you get a response. Don't hesite to escalate and write to all complaints units if you get no response in due time.

I hope this helps. Eric

lezamalek
Newly Registered

Post by lezamalek » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:06 am

I recieved my RC yesterday after exactly 7 months. As an overstayed i guess that was fast. Thanks to all of you and good luck to those who are still waiting for theirs.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Re: eea2

Post by mark2009 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:29 pm

[/quote]hi eea2 i have apply for eea2 since 2 january 2008. I have received the letter from HO last week for the interview with my wife after 17months of waiting. my advice for you is keep working hard wathever they plan,they will answer positively.[/quote]

Hello, How was your interview? have you gone yet? I have also been invited to an interview by the home office after 13months of waiting.

Let me know how things went.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Re: eea2

Post by mark2009 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 pm

[/quote]hi eea2 i have apply for eea2 since 2 january 2008. I have received the letter from HO last week for the interview with my wife after 17months of waiting. my advice for you is keep working hard wathever they plan,they will answer positively.[/quote]

Hello, How was your interview? have you gone yet? I have also been invited to an interview by the home office after 13months of waiting.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:54 pm

doudou wrote:
DFDS. wrote:
doudou wrote:
DFDS. wrote:Under what capacity did you apply? am just learning about interviews from you with EEA applications.
I am from non EU country and my spouse is from estonia we have being husband and wife since 24 dec 2007. so i have apply as a husband of EU national.

As I've stated in my post, i haven't come across an experience similar to yours, though a good number of EEA2 applicants who are family members of qualified persons have experienced delays. Never the less, if its true, this kind of delay is out of proportion, And the manner in which your application is being handled seems to deffer from the usual way EEA applications are being handled. If at all, it would have been a home visit, other than an interview with your spouse! By the time of your application, had your spouse worked for 12 months+? Where you issued with the normal COA?
hi is me again.I have receive COA after 2 weeks, my wife is working since 2006 and the same job till now.

residence
Newly Registered

Post by residence » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:56 pm

the interview, is it for you and your wife or just you is required

residence
Newly Registered

hf

residence
Newly Registered

hf

residence
Newly Registered

Post by residence » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:57 pm

the intervies is it for you only or for you and your wife

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:41 am

i still waiting for reply after sending my documents again..... 22days now gone....10 month in total...

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 am

i still waiting for reply after sending my documents again..... 22days now gone....10 month in total...

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 am

alinapetrenko
Newly Registered

Post by alinapetrenko » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:48 am

hey guys,

i emailed a complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on thursday the 18 of june, got a letter in the post asking for return of my passport today, monday the 22nd. COMPLAIN, it works!!

background info: i have u.s. passport, applied for eea2 on 5 november 2008. don't sit around and wait for someone to get in touch with you, complain to SOLVIT, your local MP, and then definitely mention that in your complaint letter to the HO. :D

anotherEEA2er
Newly Registered

entering on expired family permit visa

Post by anotherEEA2er » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi all,
To answer one question people have asked, I can add my recent experience.

I just re-entered the UK via Edinburgh on a family permit which expired in February. I explained the situation (applied for EEA2 over 7 months ago), showed them the COA letter. They seem to be seeing more of our kind (EEA2 prisoners) -- he said "oh yes, they are taking quite a while with these, aren't they?" and didn't give me any flak. Best of all, he gave me the "good stamp": "leave to enter for six months".

I fully expected to receive the two months stamp and a rebuke. Word to the wise, the immigration officer did not know if my application would be canceled since we requested our passports back (it won't be), so don't be alarmed if they aren't informed about that!

Background on me:
Applied for EEA2: Oct 28, 2008
Received COA: Dec 2, 2008
Received Passports back for Travel: Nov 20, 2008
me: US citizen, not working yet, married to EU citizen

And yes, I am complaining to get my RC now, but we have been traveling this spring!

Thanks for all the messages/info on this board, felt I had to give my data point too, since all the messages here have been so helpful. Will let you know how my complaint proceeds.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Patience wrote:I would forget the holidays and finish off with the Home Office for once.It is up to you now.Not sure what will happen if you by pass the limit date.
Finally managed to get in touch with the HO. My caseworker told me that he would make a note of our hols and that we were sending our passports on 1 September. He also told me that the complete issuing would then be settled within 3 business days. Does that sound realistic? I'd like to book a cheap Easyjet ticket to Holland on 10 September, so it looks like it's possible, provided they keep their promise....

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 am

After complaining to NWCSU, they replied me with

"Thank you for your email,

Please be advised that your complaint has now been allocated to a caseworker who will contact you regarding your complaint in due course.

Should you not receive a response within the next 21 days please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly and we shall endeavour to do our best to assist you.

Kind Regards

North West Customer Service Unit"

I've been waiting for 13months.
Has any one received such reply? if yes, what was the outcome?

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 am

mark2009 wrote:After complaining to NWCSU, they replied me with

"Thank you for your email,

Please be advised that your complaint has now been allocated to a caseworker who will contact you regarding your complaint in due course.

Should you not receive a response within the next 21 days please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly and we shall endeavour to do our best to assist you.

Kind Regards

North West Customer Service Unit"

I've been waiting for 13months.
Has any one received such reply? if yes, what was the outcome?
Hi Mark2009, how about your interview staff, you haven't updated us as yet!