ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from Karachi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Junior0300

Spouse Visa from Karachi

Post by Junior0300 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Is it really taking forever to get a spouse visa from Karachi. I applied on the 11th of March and still waiting for the outcome.

The website is showing the status as "...Islamabad OC on" for nearly 2 months now.

I have sent an email to BHC Islamabad and Abu Dhabi but no reply and they don't seem to be bothered at all.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Yes ..... wait the minimum 3 months that they say it takes to process a settlement application in Pakistan.

They deal with a lot of applications. It takes time to process them and for the BHC to make certain enquries both in Pakistan and the UK about the applicant and their sponsor.

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Post by HelloGene » Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Junior0300...welcome to the ever frustrating waiting game! :cry:

Im same case as u (spouce visa & hubby is sponser) and applied on the 9th March....just yesterday i had to go to actually re-do my fingerprints scanning again!!!....after more than 30 working days...i get a call on the 22nd April calling me to do the finger scan process again!

The excuse they gave me was that they had lost more than 300 applicants finger scanned data who applied from March..

So I strongly suggest u go and enquire ur self directly to Gerrys office...no phone.........be prepared 90% that ur application may await the same fate.

fortunately after doing the finger scanning process again....they now will give special priority to my application and say that my visa will be available in 2 weeks time!.............

And this may be a special oppertunity to submit any further supporting documents if u wish...since i submitted my hubbys passport copies of him keeping in touch with me by airline visits and his e-tickets etc....

Good Luck!

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Post by HelloGene » Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm

I also applied from KArachi

Junior0300

Post by Junior0300 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks Khan and HelloGene!

I will ask my wife to give Fedex a call.

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

WE applied from mirpur on 25th May and still no reply... How long they are taking now a days.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm

hello

I just thought I'd share my story with all of you.

It has been 70 working days till this day since i applied on the 9th March from karachi for UK spouce visa. I still have not received any reply.

The Visa processing people made a mistake on their part and they did my fingerprints wrong. So in late april (after 30 working days from 9th March) i get a call from gerrys to come and have my finger prints do again. For this I get an appointment on 5th May to come and resubmit my application again due to the finger prints wrong (THEIR FAULT!!). I now have got a new tracking number since 5th May. I think the idiots are going to take the full 12 weeks which is 60 working days. So im hoping i should hear the results of my visa around near the end of July when full 60 working days would have passed since 5th May when I had to reapply again....so total i would have waited by then around are 90 working days!

So if the pain of waiting for spouce visa that anyone knows....its me... :(

By the way my hubby is a fully settled uk citizen doing full time engineering job in UK.

D_W

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:42 pm

We the couple are not different either.... We applied on 25th May and still no response I understand it can take upto 60 working days but some people have had reply within 2 weeks. They have slow down now.

Its really bad waiting "Intizaar"... Have to spend hours and hours on the phone to calm my wife down. If only they could understand the pain.

Good luck everyone!!!

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

Alhamdulillah Today I had News Tomorow they are going to collect please do dua... Visa was submitted on 25th May From Mirpur Azad Kashmir VAC.

Many Thanks