ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darkhorse

Re: hard to get citzenship in ireland?

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 am

realgunner wrote:Hi guys,

I applied my application in dec 07 and last time i heard from them was about a year ago,Should i ring them?

I was employed when i applied my application but since last year im unemployed so this mean they won't grant me the naturalisation.

Please reply back soon and especially anyone who is in the same situation as me and others.
You should ring them and see where they are at. Since you have not received refusal letter, don't give up your hope. Even though if you have been refused, and you still intended to stay in this country, try to get some resident permit by any means. You have been waiting for 5 more years and being refused because this economic climate is a bit unfair.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am

realgunner wrote:I applied my application in dec 07 and last time i heard from them was about a year ago,Should i ring them?
If I were you, I would call them because I know of a few people who applied in Feb '08 who have recently received a letter requesting more documents.
realgunner wrote:I was employed when i applied my application but since last year im unemployed so this mean they won't grant me the naturalisation.
If you are receiving Social Welfare payments they will probably refuse.

smalltime

low wage

Post by smalltime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:09 am

deleted no reply-
personal infos
Last edited by smalltime on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 am

realgunner wrote:Hi guys,

I applied my application in dec 07 and last time i heard from them was about a year ago,Should i ring them?

I was employed when i applied my application but since last year im unemployed so this mean they won't grant me the naturalisation.

Please reply back soon and especially anyone who is in the same situation as me and others.
Realgunner,
You shoud give those people a ring.I applied 1 December 2007,and in April this year they requested updated payslips,bankstatement and P21.I rang them a month ago,and it is with outside agencies at this time.

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:26 am

I got a Court date for the 7 July 2009. No appointment needed. Just have to arrived before normal court proceedings. Live in Kilkenny.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 am

my friends wife she applied 2006 and until ( I think) now they havent contacted her she lost her job and she is now on the dole for a year.

the husband was dependent now his got problems with his renewal for work permit because the wife no work.

I always asked about her citizenship and she always replies no contact yet. she didnt contact them anyway shes got LTR. maybe she doesnt really want the citizenship I guess

sorry for the vague story just trying to share something maybe useful to you - but this is true.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:26 am

Still Waiting on outside Agencies! :evil: :evil:

This naturalization process is nothing but Shambles! :evil:

Applied July 07.

Document requested/submitted Jan 09

WFOA (Waiting for Outside Agencies) Since Jan 09 =====> :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am

Called the INIS Citizenship Helpline today. The automated voice says they are now processing applications from July 2006. When I asked the operator the current processing times, she advised me that it was 23 months (standard reply I think). Given the time the automated voice says the current waiting time is 35 months not 23 months which is quite a leap.

I also asked if there were different queues for Refugees, Spouses of Irish and other Applicants (e.g. WP Holders). She said all were processed chronologically. A blatant lie as is evident from the Timeline tracker where one can clearly see that Refugee applications take under a year and all other application processing times vary hugely.

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:04 pm

thanks for reply

any you know's what they ask you at the end of final decision.

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:59 pm

9jeirean wrote:Still Waiting on outside Agencies! :evil: :evil:

This naturalization process is nothing but Shambles! :evil:

Applied July 07.

Document requested/submitted Jan 09

WFOA (Waiting for Outside Agencies) Since Jan 09 =====> :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Dont be so upset, mine WFOA since last Sept, and i am not alone,
applied early 06, last time they said "....we've done second request..."

cnu

Post by cnu » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:20 pm

I have waited 47 minutes - they have not even answered call. Lazy b*stds... When I'm going to leave, I'm going to scoop every penny from here :twisted:

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Waited for 1 hour on the line.

The lady was nice and I could hear a lot of noise in the background and my feeling was that they are extremely busy...

It shows clearly that there is a lack of resources to handle huge volume.

The service in itself is just plain simple horrible. For a western country this is very difficult to swallow.

I was faced with reality of accepting that worn out dogma, WFOA, it is like a communist song you'd hear on the radio.

This country is at his knees with people like those at DOJ, sitting in their fat asses and putting in place stupid mecanisms. They should be fired.

I call up on their resignations...This is not acceptable.!!!

I call on everyone who applied for citizenship to work as much as our Irish colleague do (9:00am till 5:30pm) and lets see how this country stands up from its knees. Take days off, call in sick every week, lets just see this for a month.

Nana

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm

The phone service is a bit of a joke. I was calling from 9:59 this morning. I tried every 10 seconds and got told "service is closed" by automated service the first few calls. When I finally got through at 10:01, I was put on hold due to "large demand in callers" for 20 minutes! A slight impossibility as how many callers could have gotten in before me considering I'd reached the Automated message "we're closed" literally 10 seconds earlier. Ah well ...

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:16 pm

im gettin sick of the way they treat you, i had to wait for more then an hour just to see the status of my application.

I applied in dec 07 and i got only 1 letter from them when they recevied my application and since then i havn't heard from them.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I called INIS today. waited for 10-15 min, around 12.05pm got thru. status is WFOA (waiting for Outside agencies) applied Oct 07.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi all,

Please can anyone inform me of the process for applying for citizenship for my child who is 11 years old, as the child of a naturalized citizen. She's been living and schooling here for over 10 years now.

Do I apply for naturalisation for her and then pay another €950 when it is approved? Any idea of the waiting period?

Any info or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks.

IrelandHopeful

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Ireland Hopeful, children's applications are processed in a different queue, faster than normal applications. I guess there would be not need any outside agencies. The fee for approval for children is 200e. Not sure how long it takes for the complete process though.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 pm

agniukas wrote:Ireland Hopeful, children's applications are processed in a different queue, faster than normal applications. I guess there would be not need any outside agencies. The fee for approval for children is 200e. Not sure how long it takes for the complete process though.
Hi Agniukas, many thanks for the info.

Is there any one in the same boat or who might know of anyone who has applied for naturalisation for a minor, who can inform me what the processing / waiting period is like?

Thanks.

IrelandHopeful

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 am

Hi brothers and sisters of the same struggle.

Last tuesday, the nice lady told me that they've ***started*** to look into the 2007 **again**.
This has begged me to understand that they might have frozen 2007 a bit so that they clear up 2006.

I am applied in Aug 2007, submitted documents at the end Febuary 2009. This has been also most 4 months.

I am not going to call this thursday to avoid raising my blood pressure. If you are 2007 and if they are changes to your file, please update us.

Thanks,
Nana

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 am

nanette wrote:Hi brothers and sisters of the same struggle.

Last tuesday, the nice lady told me that they've ***started*** to look into the 2007 **again**.
This has begged me to understand that they might have frozen 2007 a bit so that they clear up 2006.

I am applied in Aug 2007, submitted documents at the end Febuary 2009. This has been also most 4 months.

I am not going to call this thursday to avoid raising my blood pressure. If you are 2007 and if they are changes to your file, please update us.

Thanks,
Nana

Hi nanette,

I applied July 07. Submitted further documents on request January 09. WFAO since. So we are within a similar time frame.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm

astraclub wrote:Hi All
I got my natural cert today, I took oath on 14th and got acknowledgement last week and a cert today.
wow!
Got passport form and filling now,
hmm long term birth cert, i gues i will use the affidavit form as done in naturalization.
One of my friend send this with passport express and instead of sending passport they asked for long term birth cert, he got delayed as long term birth cert or affidavit is needed,
just FYI folks

show me the jobs in UK now :-) :-)

Congrat.s Astraclub... Just one question about the pass application. Are you sure the birth affidavit will be enough ??? I was told in another forum that they require the birth certificate not the affidavit.... Please let us know. regards, A_I

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:35 pm

i applied in dec 07 and havn't heard from them in a year.

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 am

Any news from todays callers ?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi,

I never called today. Did not bother....

Applied in Aug 2007
Additional infos sent in Febuary 2009

nana

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Guys, i just don't see the point wanting to ring every single Tuesday and Thursday and clogging up the lines for people in real need to speak to the immigration officers.

You're just winding yourselves up here.

You know when you've submitted your application and additional information and roughly knows how long it takes from then onwards. I thinks it's quite clear from this forum that:

1. Additional info is now requested from people who submitted late 2007
2. It takes approx. 6 months from the date of submitting additional information before an answer is given.

Leave the phones free for people in real need, like those submitted earlier and not received any word or additional information requests.

BTW. I doubt the immigration office is going to deal with your application any quicker the more you ring.