ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Regarding Second Review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JKM
Newly Registered

Help Regarding Second Review

Post by JKM » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:40 am

Dear All,

I got rejection letter on Jun 22, 2005 on grounds of educational qualifications. It was mentioned in my decision letter that my graduation is not equivalent to British Bachelors. I sent assesment request to UK NARIC before applying for review on Jul 22, 2005 where NARIC confirmed that my Bachelors is comparable to UK Bachelors. Now I have received refusal on my review request stating the same reason. I tried to talk to my case worker but was not successful but was able to talk to some other representative and he read out the case worker comments where she has mentioned that my graduation is 1 year therefore not equivalent to UK degree standard. Just for clarification, I have 4 years Engineering degree from an institute recognized by Higher Education Commision as well as Engineering Council of my country. Would appreciate if any one of you can please suggest how do I go for 2nd review. Thanks for all the suggestions.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:25 pm

What did you state in your first appeal letter? Im currently on my first appeal for a massive screwup regarding NARIC and my educational qualifications too. Did you cite them your own NARIC printout?

JKM
Newly Registered

Post by JKM » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:10 am

Hi amhilde,

I just wrote a two page review request where I mentioned that my degree is comparable to British Bachelors as per evaluation from NARIC. I didn't send the assesment letter from NARIC as I am not supposed to send any additional documents. I also mentioed in the review letter that mine is 4 years graduation from an accredited institution and this degree is acceptable to Higher education commission and Engineering Council of my country. I also gave reference of British council site of my country where they have mentioned that 3+ years of graduation is equivalent to British Bachelor. I requested at the end to check the comparability in the NARIC database with my institution name and title of degree.

It seems like case worker didn't have time to read even my two page letter and the decision is made based on the comments from initial case worker. I can support this argument based on the fact that I talked to NARIC representative day before yesterday and she was helpful enough to check the information in their database based on my degree title + institutution name and confirmed to me that the comparability information of my degree provided to me is available to all the departments.

I am trying to contact my case work to know her views for the last three days but couldn't find her yet although was able to talk to HSMP team operators minimum 3 to 4 times. I am still hopeful that will be able to contact her somehow.

All the best for decision on your review request.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:56 pm

JKM-

My problem is the opposite of yours, and this is what is so frustrating. My initial caseworker went off of a CV and found that I have a bachelors in one field and a masters in another (US degrees). He plugged those into NARIC and rejected me on the NARIC recommendation that because I didnt do the masters in the same subject as the bachelors that its not comparable to a UK masters, and only a PGDip ( what an insult!). I contacted the British Council in my country and asked them about the situation and they said that almost any university in the UK would accept my masters and they could not understand the NARIC recommendation. I even included international conference paper acceptance letters and examples of my work (which was on UK gambling policy even!). The funny thing is that 1) he shouldnt have even LOOKED at the CV much less made a DECISION based on it and 2) I want to know how many other ppl, especially Americans applying, had different degrees that the HO doesnt know about because you are only supposed to submit your highest one. Both those points were put in my letter.

I worry that they wont read all of my letter, but I think the decision was highly unfair and there is a significant lack of uniformity in this program.

JKM
Newly Registered

Post by JKM » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:37 am

Hi moderators, Senior/ junior members,

Can I expect any comments from you. Should I expect any positive output from my second review or its just a waste of time.

Just an update for all of you regarding my first review, I tried to talk to my case worker quite a few number of times and at the end came to know that Case worker whose name is mentioned on my decision later didn't actually worked on my case and they are trying to find out the actual case worker before I can talk to any one.

Would appreciate any sort of comments from all of you.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:24 pm

dear god.... is there any form of organization over there?

bani

Post by bani » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:41 pm

Maybe you should just go by "paid appeal" and submit your NARIC assessment. I know it's a lot of money, but I'm not sure they will check with NARIC without you providing that piece of paper. It's something you should ask the caseworker if you manage to get hold of him/her. Good luck!

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:05 pm

hi jkm,

before you send your naric letter and pay another 315 pounds (god knows who many families could eat with that money in your country for days) is to call and ask to speak with a caseworker MANAGER. explain your situation briefly and ask him about advice on 'what could i do to solve this'. then, listen to what this person suggests. who knows? he/she might come up with a 'new' solution, considering the unexplainable system from those lovely people in the north of england.

to my knowledge, they have all our files on their computers, so it is ONLY a matter of typing in your info and then whoever gets it would have the CW name AND comments, there.

dont give up, we are all on the same boat and we DO deserve answers to ALL our questions, ok?

keep us updated

best

jhonny
:)