ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help re bank statements for visitors visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

please help re bank statements for visitors visa

Post by t_kaay » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:17 pm

I am currently in the process of preparing documents in order to sponsor my sister in law to visit the UK on a visitors visa. I have a slight worry which I would be grateful for some advice/reassurance. Firstly, I would like to point out that we have recently sponsored my parents in law to visit us and they have both returned home after their visit.

Now this is my problem: On looking at my past six bank statements, a couple of recent ones show me using my overdraft. The reason for this is a combination of the kids being at home over the holiday period, a change of bank and unexpected travel expenses due to an ill Grandmother. I am worried this will result in refusal as I read someones entry somewhere on the message board that their application was refused on several grounds, one being the overdraft situation. I can supply a full years worth of statements which would show a more realistic and better picture. This would then include the statements that were used for my parents in law visit, which were obviously acceptable. I also have an ISA savings account with a balance of £4000 and shares which can be cashed immediately of the value of approx £6500. My last two years income is £40,000 each year, shown by a letter from employers and P60's.

My only worry is the overdraft and as I mentioned, a bit of advice or reassurance is needed. Should I write a note to the ECO to explain or just submit and trust it will be ok?? Or should I just submit savings evidence and leave out statements??

Another factor is the intention to return. My sister in law will be returning home as all her family bar her sister are there. Will this be an acceptable reason?

Thanks for your help. (posted in family forum but no replies)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:16 pm

I can't think that the overdraft will be a problem.

But sister-in-law's "reason to return"? I think the fact that the rest of her family are there except for one sister is, well, possibly a bit weak. Any other reasons? Job to go back to? Business to run? Relatives to look after?
John

t_kaay

reason to return

Post by t_kaay » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:09 am

thanks for the reply John. Her father recently had a heart attack and her mother is diabetic. Could she say she needs to return to care for them? Would they not ask why she is leaving them in the first place?? She has a brother there who would look after them during her visit. Would a doctors letter confirming care be ok? thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 am

Can I ask, how long is it intended that your sister-in-law spends in the UK on her visitor's visa (if issued)?

Also, I hope you don't mind me saying, picking up on your wording "Could she say she needs to return to care for them?", she either does actually need to return to care for them, or alternatively she should not claim that she is.

Maybe I am imagining a problem here? What do others think? Is there a "reason to return" problem here?
John

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 am

we are hoping she can come in Nov and stay over new year, going back mid to late Jan. If she stays longer than first stated does this make a difference? The reason I said "can she say she needs to care for her parents" is that I was not sure that this could be used as a valid intention. I don't want the application to fail on such a minor point, its just proving she has no intention of overstaying that I am worried about.