ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emailing the Department of Justice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Emailing the Department of Justice

Post by Ben » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Specifically, immigration_mail@justice.ie

Has anyone ever sent an email to the above address and received a reply?

I've sent 10 emails to that address, on dates spanning from December 2006 until last month. I've not once received a reply. Has anyone else?

I'm starting to think my friends at the DoJ don't want to play with me anymore. :cry:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Of all the people I know who have emailed the department of justice (I think it's 3), not one has got a response.

I'd once sent of an email but didn't receive a response from them. Luckily the information I wanted was put up on their website a month or two later.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Nobody I know has had a reply either.
The same goes for TDs, not one of them has responded to anybody I know.

As you say benifa, registered letter only.

chifrae
Newly Registered

Post by chifrae » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 pm

I beleve there is a possibility those emails are sent to spam and not even read.

I have been so frustrated with that unchecked email address to the point that there are no more frustrated bones in my body.

Your best bet is to do what you suggested. Send a REGISTERED letter, as anything short of that will be ignored or shredded without even been read.

The reason why you stand a chance of having your registered mails read and checked is because they record them and there is a possibility you receipt evidence could be used against them, should they claim they didn't receive it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi guys,

Surprisingly i received today a reply from the department of Justice for an email i sent a month ago.

I was hoping it will be an answer to my query, unfortunately it didn't contain a single sentence about my query.

It just says the office is informing me they are dealing with my application.

Which i already knew.

It seems as if they have stopped reading emails and just sending automated replies.

How disappointing.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Just heard a friend today heard back within ONE working day from the spouse of irish national unit (I think their email address is somewhere on the website). I couldn't believe it!!!!

Maybe it depends on the section you need to contact?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:43 pm

tom4 wrote:...registered letter only...
From my experience the only way to deal with GNIB / DoJ is this:
  • registered letter only (as you say)
  • Tell them exactly what to do, and the legal grounds of why they have to do it
  • If they don´t do what they MUST, set a deadline of when you will start legal proceedings
  • The latter is not to threaten them (futile anyway), but to be on the legally safe side so they have to bear the costs.
    • Otherwise the excuse is "if we had known that... we would have... but like this we had no chance"
    • then they will do what they have to
    • and you have to bear the costs of whatevere happened so far (lawyer...)
  • If they still don´t do what they MUST, contact a lawyer once the deadline is up.
  • This got them going in my case, if they´re still in default don´t hesitate to go to court. Far too few people do that to really annoy them.
I found all other approaches futile.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 am

ca.funke wrote: From my experience the only way to deal with GNIB / DoJ is this:
  • registered letter only (as you say)
  • Tell them exactly what to do, and the legal grounds of why they have to do it
  • If they don´t do what they MUST, set a deadline of when you will start legal proceedings
  • The latter is not to threaten them (futile anyway), but to be on the legally safe side so they have to bear the costs.
    • Otherwise the excuse is "if we had known that... we would have... but like this we had no chance"
    • then they will do what they have to
    • and you have to bear the costs of whatevere happened so far (lawyer...)
  • If they still don´t do what they MUST, contact a lawyer once the deadline is up.
  • This got them going in my case, if they´re still in default don´t hesitate to go to court. Far too few people do that to really annoy them.
I found all other approaches futile.
Ca.funke i am 100 % with you on this one.

You will find that things have deteriorated sharply at the DOJ, since you were last in Ireland.

The Department of Justice have stopped replying to email, they have suspended the phone query lines for the forseeable future, saying that people call to check for unnecessary things. They are telling people not to make unnecessary enquiries to the email, they don't even reply to.

They send letter to you, which when you take it to the Garda, they will tell you they don't recognise it. I am definitely considering those small claims solicitors, but i am unsure if they have one in Ireland.

I have written them nearly 10 registered letters, stating the directive and areas i think they haven't correctly applied in my case, and they have simply ignored them all.

The thought of those people sometimes make me want to throw up.

The practices is a complete and utter disgrace.

It is unbelievable that a civilize western nation will be behaving like this.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 am

Obie wrote:...It is unbelievable that a civilize western nation will be behaving like this...
My comment to this... I'd better not comment... ;)

(but all my sympathies, happily sent from Switzerland)