ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Identity Theft caused visa refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Ok, what if i Appeal AND go to sweden as well? just to be on the safe side, in case they don't give me the schengen visa?
Actually i have till 6th of july to send the appeal and even if i apply for the schengen before that i won't know if i got it for atleast a month ( thats how long it takes, according to the swedish embassy website)
Many Thanks for the help so far.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

benifa wrote:
kadsac wrote:Do u think there will be any problems getting a schengen visa as i have a stamp on my passport from the BHC islamabad.
If you're going there in the company of, or to join, your spouse the Schengen visa must be issued free of charge and as soon as possible.

However, if I were you, I would be more inclined to go to Ireland, rather than to mainland Europe. Child would be a British, Irish and possibly Pakistani citizen from birth.

If one of you were to get a job in Ireland (which either or both of you would be entitled to do), then, on return to the UK, you can do so under EU law, rather than UK law (free and automatic).
The child would only have Irish citizenship from birth if at least one of the parents were an Irish citizen, or entitled to Irish citizenship at the time of it's birth. Irish citizenship law changed on 1st Jan 2005.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:The child would only have Irish citizenship from birth if at least one of the parents were an Irish citizen, or entitled to Irish citizenship at the time of it's birth. Irish citizenship law changed on 1st Jan 2005.
Or if at least one of the parents is a British citizen or has ILR in the UK.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Act2004. ... ct2004.pdf
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

chrismorray
Newly Registered

Post by chrismorray » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:58 am

Wonderer, without a doubt you have a very good knowledge about EU directive and UK law. Could you kindly spare some time and please have a look at my thread as I am struggling to have some information on my case. My thread link is as follow :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40804

Many thanks

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Is there anywhere i can get an official and updated copy of the ''Directive 2004/38/EC''?
I called the polish Embassy in Islamabad to ask about the schengen visa and the guy on the phone was adamant that i need to bring bank statements, Travel Tickets, employment proof etc beause i am a pakistani national. However, what i have read so far in the Directive 2004/38/EC tells me a different story i.e.
''Member States shall grant your third country family members every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an
accelerated procedure. Member States may not require family or
residence visas for your family members but only entry visas. The right of entry of your third country family members is derived
from their family ties with you, a Union citizen. All the Member
State consular officials can ask for is their passport and a
document establishing their family ties with you, such as
marriage or birth certificate and proof of dependence, where
applicable. Your family members cannot be asked to present
documents such as travel tickets, employment certificate, pay slips,
bank statements, proof of accommodation and means of subsistence
or a medical certificate
''

I was wondering maybe if i print out 'Directive 2004/38/EC and take it with me then it might help. The reason why i chose Polish Embassy for the schengen visa is because they take the least amount of time to process (15 days) and u don't need an appointment to submit the application, just turn up.
The other option was swedish embassy which takes 1 month but do not require any documents other then marriage cert. and passport etc.