ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Appeal case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aisha79
Newly Registered

Visitor Appeal case

Post by aisha79 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi how r u all? Got a question if anybody can help me please?

My mother-in-law handed her passport in on the 8th may 09 (this was when the appeal was allowed) for a visitor visa to uk.
We av been waiting almost 2mths now and so far nothin bin done. When i call them, Gerry's says it is in "short proceedings" and its an indefinate time for appeal cases.

Has anyone bin same situation and if so how long did u wait???

Thank You

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 pm

This what the BHC in Islamabad should do once an appeal is won in the UK. They are not complying with their own instructions. I have complained about this and I suggest other people do the same, otherwise they will just be allowed to carry on doing this and getting people cheesed off. Complaining info is below

Quote:
Visa comments and complaints

If you wish to complain about the service you received from visa staff at this High Commission, please address your complaint in writing to

Feedback
Deputy Director Visa Services
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
PO Box 1122
Ramna-5
Islamabad
Or you can e-mail your complaint to visqry2.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Quote:
APL2.15 Appeal allowed - contacting the appellant

APL2.15.1 What is the timeframe?
Once Post is notified of an allowed appeal, the appellant should, within a maximum of three weeks, either be invited to resubmit their passport so that a visa can be issued or, (in a limited number of cases), so that a visa can be re-refused. Unreasonable delays in contacting appellants with allowed appeals often result in complaints and requests for judicial review.

APL2.15.2 Keeping a record of events
Record on PROVISO the allowed determination and the date received in Post. It is important that the allowed appeal is recorded on Proviso, in case the appellant enquires after the file is weeded.

All attempt(s) to make contact with the appellant should also be recorded on PROVISO, clearly stating the date, time (where applicable) and contact address used eg home address x as on appeal notice dated y. This is in order to be able to demonstrate that reasonable attempt(s) were made to contact the appellant using contact information provided by the appellant.

APL2.15.3 How to make contact

* a single e-mail to the appellant’s last known e-mail address. (If such an e-mail "bounces back" or undeliverable report received, post should record this on PROVISO and then send a paper letter); or
* a single letter to the appellant’s last known postal address (in countries where the postal system is reliable); or
* a letter to the appellant’s last known postal address - with a bring up for 6 weeks for a reminder letter if nothing heard from the appellant (in countries where the postal system is considered less reliable).