ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Calculator : Exchange Rate to convert INR to GBP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deepak Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by Deepak Sharma » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Guys,

My friend from Bangalore wants to apply for Tier1 General and while using the PBS for the same, he has come across with the following doubt :

The policy on the PBS Screen says : Enter the exchange rate to convert to pounds sterling (GBP) at the time you earned the money.

Since, the total earnings is for the last 12 months, what exchange rate / how it should be used here? ... Could any one clarify this please ?

Many thanks in advance...

Best Regards,
Deepak

Padma
Newly Registered

Post by Padma » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 am

Deepak,

The conversion rate should used as of the last day of your claim period. eg. If you are claiming 1st June 2008 to 31st May 2009, then the conversion rate should be as of 31st May.

Experts please correct me, if I am wrong.

Padma

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 am

This discussionshould help you.

Also check Page 35 of Policy Guidelines which states:

The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the OANDA rate conversion on the date of application. www.oanda.com

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Calculator : Exchange Rate to convert INR to GBP

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:45 am

Padma wrote:Deepak,

The conversion rate should used as of the last day of your claim period. eg. If you are claiming 1st June 2008 to 31st May 2009, then the conversion rate should be as of 31st May.

Experts please correct me, if I am wrong.

Padma
Conversion rate should be the rate on date of application.

Deepak Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by Deepak Sharma » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks for all your replies and clearing it.

But, it was really confusing statement on the PBS Screen which says :

" Enter the exchange rate to convert to pounds sterling (GBP) at the time you earned the money "

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 pm

chetanojha wrote:This discussionshould help you.

Also check Page 35 of Policy Guidelines which states:

The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the OANDA rate conversion on the date of application. www.oanda.com
Thats for maintenance funds. For earnings it is (Para 130) -
An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 am

Deepak Sharma wrote:Thanks for all your replies and clearing it.

But, it was really confusing statement on the PBS Screen which says :

" Enter the exchange rate to convert to pounds sterling (GBP) at the time you earned the money "
I think for Earning and Maintenance Fund both, the conversion rate of the application date will be applicable. So if you are applying of June 1st, the Pound rate as on June 1st will be applicable for your Earning and Maintenance.

Am I right?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:31 am

AkashS wrote:I think for Earning and Maintenance Fund both, the conversion rate of the application date will be applicable. So if you are applying of June 1st, the Pound rate as on June 1st will be applicable for your Earning and Maintenance.

Am I right?
Not really. Push has cirrected my rightly. Paragraph 130 of the guidance notes states as below (which I underlooked)

130.An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.