ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Plzzzz

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ash786
BANNED

Urgent Help Plzzzz

Post by ash786 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi,
I am inquiring about the " Date of Award" for PSW. My situation is as follows,

1. Stuyding at a listed college for a recognised uni qualification (BA (HONS) BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT)
2. I have received my final results (1st CLASS DEGREE WITH HONOURS)
3. Graduation on the 17th July (Will receive my certificate)
4. Applying after my graduation.

I have asked a letter from my college (not uni) to confirm various details regarding my studies for PSW. My question is that for "DATE OF AWARD" attribute it says on the guidence that HO needs a confirmation from the awarding institution which would be my uni as confirmed by HO in my email to HO. The HO has confirmed that the 1st letter needs to be from the college and for the "DATE OF AWARD" the confrimation needs to be from the UNIVERSITY and not the college as it says awarding institution. Can somebody tell me that what exactly the letter from the uni needs to say. I have inquired about it to both my college and the uni. The uni says that they can produce the letter if i tell them exactly what it should include.

Can somebody tell me exactly what it should include. I am sure it needs to explain about the final exam board date and that i have achieved my BA degree. Do i also tell them to put my final results in that letter or not. I normally receive final results letter from the college. According to the guidence it simply says that a notification to the applicant. I just wanted a second opinion. My uni advisor also informed me that ask the person to include all the other infromation related to your study for example start date, name and other things which i have disputed as i did not study there but at the college and the college will confirm that in the letter.

Can somebody explain and advise me on that issue.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Vinny,
Thanks for the information but i cant see the answer for my question. I am asking about the "DATE OF AWARD". I wil get my degree certificate and letter from the college. The guidence says first time when the applicant was notified by the awarding institution in writing. I have not got anything like that from my university so i need to request it. I have seen another topic here and HO refused the application because she did not have the date of award notification.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 pm

The university/college should be able to write a letter saying when they were sure you had met all the requirements for the degree.

This is usually the same date or a few days after they release your final year results, as that is the time when the university/college absolutely knows for sure that all the boxes are ticked.

This is not the same date as on the diploma that you get, as that is the date you "graduated". Neither is it the date of your graduation ceremony.

The format of the letter should be along the lines of "xxx was a student here between xxx and xxx studying xxx. This student has satisfied all criteria for xxx degree and it was awarded on the xxx date"
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Thnx ma8. So r y saying that i need one letter from the college i stuyding at to confirm various details of my studies and a second letter from the UNIVERSITY saying that i have achieved the degree (the official date). My situation is that i studied at a listed college for a uni qualification. According to guidence HO need written confirmation from the awarding institution that i have recieved the qualification on that date (official date).

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:02 pm

ash786 wrote:Hi Vinny,
Thanks for the information but i cant see the answer for my question. I am asking about the "DATE OF AWARD". I wil get my degree certificate and letter from the college. The guidence says first time when the applicant was notified by the awarding institution in writing. I have not got anything like that from my university so i need to request it. I have seen another topic here and HO refused the application because she did not have the date of award notification.
Your awarding institution should be able to give you a letter that contain all the important information. Though your college will hand you the degree certificate, it's the university that is issuing it.

Your college should give your university (awaring body) all the necessary information for them to issue you the letter. The same letter will indicate that you pursue the course at (the collge) and having completed all the prescribed moules have been awarded a degree in (xxx) on (date).`

There is no need for a second letter from your college.
Check the policy guielines on page 14 and 15 to know what the letter will contain at this website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... 1poststudy

or directly at
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... dance1.pdf

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:37 pm

I know what you mean but the guidence clearly says that the letter (which confirms various details related to course, periods of study ets) needs to be from "Institution where the applicant studied at". I did not study at the University but at the college. So i am sure that letter needs to be from the college and not the university. The college adviser has also confirmed that to me. Ho has also confirmed that to me in an email cuz i inquired about it as where the letter should come from. My problem is that "DATE OF AWARD" as guidence says that HO needs a written confrimation from the AWARDING INSTITUTION which is my university and not the college as university awards degree. I just wanted to know what that letter from the uni must say.

I hope you guys understand my point.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 pm

ash786 wrote:I know what you mean but the guidence clearly says that the letter (which confirms various details related to course, periods of study ets) needs to be from "Institution where the applicant studied at". I did not study at the University but at the college. So i am sure that letter needs to be from the college and not the university. The college adviser has also confirmed that to me. Ho has also confirmed that to me in an email cuz i inquired about it as where the letter should come from. My problem is that "DATE OF AWARD" as guidence says that HO needs a written confrimation from the AWARDING INSTITUTION which is my university and not the college as university awards degree. I just wanted to know what that letter from the uni must say.

I hope you guys understand my point.
The HO guidelines did not specifically explain this. By my conscience tells me that the two letters that you may need, the college letter should contain these information from the website I directed you to.

An original letter from the institution at which the applicant studied towards his/her eligible qualification. The letter must be an
original letter (not a copy), on the official letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which the applicant studied. It must have been issued by an authorised official and must confirm the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• start and end dates of the applicant’s period/s of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution.
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76 of these guidance notes);
• the body awarding the qualification;

Your university letter should contain similar but few details such as:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76 of these guidance notes);
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.
• explain the reason why the applicant is unable to provide their original certificate of award

Your university is awarding the qualification, so they should be able to give the accurate date you receive your award although you do not have the certificate at hand.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Thnx ma8 and i appreciate your help and advise. Just to make things clear that i am applying end of July after my graduation so i will have my ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF AWARD. As mentioned in your reply i have got a letter from the college with all the required information needed for PSW. The DATE OF AWARD also needs to be on the letter from the college. When u read the guidence it says" the date when the applicant was first notified by the awarding institution" which is fine. The uni said that they can issue me a letter with an official date when the uni decided that i have achieved my qualification. What they are asking me that if i need them to show my results on it or not as the final results notification comes from the college and not the university. The uni is happy to give me that as well. I would apply with my original certificate of award. I just wanted to know of there is any specific layout needed from the letter.

They(Leeds Metropoliatn University) have given me the following layout for DATE OF AWARD.

Date: 00/00/2009 (THE OFFICIAL DATE WHEN THE LEEDS METROPOLITAN DECIDED THAT I HAVE BEN AWARDED THE DEGREE)

Re: Confirmation of Award for BA (Hons) Business Management studied at Newcastle College

Dear Applicant,

The Module Examinations Board (MEB) met on June 23 2009 to finalise grades for all the final year students of the Degree. In your case, you have successfully passed all the requirements of the degree and have been awarded the

BA (Hons) Business and Management Award.

The original certificate of the award will be presented to you at your graduation ceremony on 17th July 2009.

Congratulations on your successful completion of the Award.

Yours sincerely,

Authorised Official Name and Position
Authorised Official Contact Details
Authorised Official Signature Official Stamp of the University.

I just wanted to make sure that i have got everything.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 am

Your letter is good enough for a successful application. All the best

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot ma8 and i wud put the layout of the other letter form the college so ppl can read it. I am sure this post will help the students who are stuyding from a listed college for a recognised uni qualification as it clears the confusion. Basically, we need two letters for PSW. One from the college and other one from the uni confirming your DATE OF AWARD.