ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 to post work study

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jarul
Newly Registered

Post by jarul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:17 pm

hi everyone,
I am postgraduate student from westminster, my leave to remain expired 31st may 2009, i sent my application before the due date but university letter stated that the result will be ready on 6th june 2009 but it eventually came out on the 13th june. my biometric appointment is 26th of june. my questions are:
1. what can i do to get PSW visa?
2. can i forward my result to HO?
3. can i send application form for PSW? or
4. i need to wait until decision is made on the tier4 application first.
pls get back as im worried.

thanx

Kool
Newly Registered

Re: tier 4 to post work study

Post by Kool » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:56 pm

jarul wrote:hi everyone,
I am postgraduate student from westminster, my leave to remain expired 31st may 2009, i sent my application before the due date but university letter stated that the result will be ready on 6th june 2009 but it eventually came out on the 13th june. my biometric appointment is 26th of june. my questions are:
1. what can i do to get PSW visa?
2. can i forward my result to HO?
3. can i send application form for PSW? or
4. i need to wait until decision is made on the tier4 application first.
pls get back as im worried.

thanx
Send them fresh application for psw with covering letter. In covering letter, explain them your passport is still with HO for student extension. You will lost student visa fees which u already paid.

jarul
Newly Registered

Post by jarul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:18 pm

thanx for your quick reply.
if i send PSW application with a covering letter, transcript and a letter of award cos certificate will be ready by november according to uni. HO is going to accept it. pls send me any other info you think it will benefit me.

thanx.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 pm

You have to be careful, my friend sent in the transcripts showing he had passed all the modules etc, but what the HO really need is a letter saying you have met all requirements for the degree, with the key thing being the "degree award" date. This is NOT the graduation date, nor the date your paper diploma is issued, but the date the uni officially says you have gotten the degree.

Without it most likely the caseworker will reject, and although you will be 99% successful in the subsequent appeal, it is best not to put yourself under so much stress of an appeal and waste another 2-5 months for the appeal.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]