ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi all, I though I was the only one who been waiting for so long!

Me: EU citizen (Dutch) and married to None-EU citizen (Iraqi)
I live and work in the uk over 4 years now

My wife got her EEA visa very quick, within 7 working days!

Then once we arrived in the UK, we sent the EEA2 form, after speaking to UKBA on the phone.

We sent all the documents 23rd Sep 2008 and received COA 7days later.

Untill now, nothing at all, they do not answer the phone in Liverpool which is: 0845 0105200

Sent many letters (about 4) but without any reply!

Sent a letter to my local MP, but didnt help much!

We cant travel abroad and its very annoying

Now, I understand they might be very busy...etc, but we live in the UK, not in a 3rd world country! They should have online tracking system or atleast answer the bloody phone!

Anyone here who got his EEA2 wife/family passport back within a year?

To whom can I complain?

kiisu
Newly Registered

Post by kiisu » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 pm

[quote="mark2009"]After complaining to NWCSU, they replied me with

"Thank you for your email,

Please be advised that your complaint has now been allocated to a caseworker who will contact you regarding your complaint in due course.

Should you not receive a response within the next 21 days please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly and we shall endeavour to do our best to assist you.

Kind Regards

North West Customer Service Unit"

I've been waiting for 13months.
Has any one received such reply? if yes, what was the outcome?[/quote]

Hi,

I forwarded my complaint to HO and they sent me the similar letter back just a couple of days ago. But the difference with me was that they said my case "will be allocated to a caseworker". And we have now been waiting for 12 months exactly! So you are a bit more lucky I guess, at least you have a caseworker now.

VIMA
Newly Registered

Post by VIMA » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 am

keshgrover wrote:
k71egm wrote:
us221 wrote:Hi all,

I went through the worrying time of waiting for EEA2 visa myself, and reading the related threads on this forum and other similar forums helped me to understand the situation better - so I thought I would share the timeline of my application with you:
- 20th Sep 08: Sent out the application
- 24 Sep 08: UKBA in Liverpool returned some of the supporting documents (they kept essential ones)
- 25th Sep 08: Received Certificate of Application
- Heard nothing for 7 months
- 27th Apr 09: Registered a complaint with North West Customer Service Unit both via email and post, also sent an email to the local MP to ask for help
- 28th April 09: Received a letter from UKBA that expressed their apologies for the delay and notified me that my application is allocated to a caseworker with the case ID
- 7th May 09: My local MP sent a letter of enquiry to Liverpool
- 14th May 09: Received my passport with the residence card on (the cover letter says the decision on my application was made on 30th April 09)

So, in total, it took 7 months and 10 days for my case to be approved. The PA of my local MP said that, when she talked to UKBA in Liverpool, she was told that the processing time has become 10 to 12 months for EEA2 applications (because of removing foreign national prisoners), so I was really surprised to receive my passport and Residence Card after 7 months and 10 days.

My experience is a little different from some of you guys on the thread (for example, I received CoA only 5 days after I posted the application, and I was not asked to submit any extra supporting documents), but if I can be of any help for you who are spending stressful time waiting, I would be happy to – questions or requests to share my complaints letter, for example. Let me know.

One last thing - I didn't use a solicitor for my application.

kind regards
Hi us221,

thanks for your more than friendly offer to help - we are in the same situation as everybody else in the forum. We sent my wife's EEA2 application more than 6 months ago. I understand it is time to start filing a complaint now. For that matter, it would be of great help if you could share your complaints letter with us. My email address is k71egm@yahoo.com.
Your help will be appreciated.

Congrats to everybody who got their EEA2 visa!!!
I have complained again. Let see how long it takes to get any answer.
HI US 221,

we are in the same situation. we sent my husband`s eea2 application more than 8 months. and i sent separatly my eea1 application more than 6 months. I know it`s time to start filing a complaint now. For that matter, could you please mail me your complaint letter.
my e mail address :
vimalan001@yahoo.co.uk
Your help will be appreciated.

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 am

OmarA wrote:Hi all, I though I was the only one who been waiting for so long!

Me: EU citizen (Dutch) and married to None-EU citizen (Iraqi)
I live and work in the uk over 4 years now

My wife got her EEA visa very quick, within 7 working days!

Then once we arrived in the UK, we sent the EEA2 form, after speaking to UKBA on the phone.

We sent all the documents 23rd Sep 2008 and received COA 7days later.

Untill now, nothing at all, they do not answer the phone in Liverpool which is: 0845 0105200

Sent many letters (about 4) but without any reply!

Sent a letter to my local MP, but didnt help much!

We cant travel abroad and its very annoying

Now, I understand they might be very busy...etc, but we live in the UK, not in a 3rd world country! They should have online tracking system or atleast answer the bloody phone!

Anyone here who got his EEA2 wife/family passport back within a year?

To whom can I complain?
Omar,

Why don't you mail complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
pointing them 6month was over long back.

there are many sep2008 case, received their RC.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:32 pm

pdykid wrote: Omar,

pdykid,

Thanks for the info, sent them email today.

How long does it take before they reply?

odileletaief
Newly Registered

Complain Letter

Post by odileletaief » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi everyone

I will appreciate if someone send me a sample of his complain letter
my email is bouhriba@hotmail.com
I send my application 6 months ago and no news until now
Many thanks

alinapetrenko
Newly Registered

complaint letter

Post by alinapetrenko » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:26 pm

for everybody asking for samples of my complaint letter: the letter had personal reasons that won't necessarily apply to everyone.

you should write your own. be sure to include all your information (name, date of application, passport number/nationality, home office reference number, etc.) then, state how the delay has negatively affected your life. be polite.

you should also say that you are aware that under the european law, these applications have to be resolved within 6 months. ask them to please resolve your case in a timely matter.

if anybody needs help with grammar, etc. send me your letter, i will be happy to look it over and make some suggestions.

Eric-Poole

Complaints letter

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 am

If you are not fluent in English, writing a strong complaint letter can be difficult and using a lawyer very expensive. I therefore posted examples of generic letters that I used. Here is a link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2&start=20

I hope this helps. Eric

apretori
Newly Registered

Post by apretori » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Dear all,

Two weeks and two days after I emailed my complaint to the HO, I finally received a letter acknowledging receipt. (I also sent a hard copy a week after my initial email.) In the letter from the HO they apologise for the inconvenience and give the standard excuse - "The Agency is currently strengthening the resources engaged in removing foreign national prisoners...". Further on in the letter, they state "your application will now be allocated to a caseworker for action and they will contact you should they need any further information/documentation". Is this reason for optimism or merely lip service?

Also, I followed up on the claim the HO made to my MP - that they have requested our passports from us, but that we have not responded. I could not believe my luck when I managed to get through to them via telephone. I asked them to confirm all letters that they have sent to me and I quickly cross-checked this with my archive. As suspected, this revealed that I have received all correspondence sent out to me. Since none of the letters I have from the HO requests any further information or documents from me, this shows that they what they told my MP is completely false. Has anyone had similar experiences?

apretori wrote:Dear all,

Although my EEA2 application saga does not have a happy ending yet, I thought it may be useful to share my experience with you. I would be interested in you thoughts, especially on the feedback I got from my MP.

My timeline is very similar to previous posts, so I will not repeat it here. In summary, the day after the six months anniversary of my EEA2 application, I took the following action:

1. Emailed a complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
2. Opened a case with SOLVIT
3. Emailed my MP

On the very same day, I received confirmation of receipt from SOLVIT and from my MP with requests for further information from both. A week after my initial email, after still not having received any confirmation from the HO, I posted a hard copy of my complaint to the HO with special delivery. This was earlier this week, but I have not received anything back from them.

A week and a day after first contacting SOLVIT, I received a further email from them in which they informed me that my case had been passed to SOLVIT UK. They also noted that based on their experience, the delay in processing my EEA2 application is likely to be a result of the HO being understaffed, but that they will follow up my case and inform me of any developments. (In fact, I was just interrupted by a phone call from them requesting a copy of my Certificate of Application.)

Later the same day (1 week and 1 day after my email to him) I received a rather disturbing message from my MP. After having taken up my case with the HO, they informed him that I am currently not eligible to work in the UK. Their argument is that because I did not include both my and my wife's (EEA national) original passports in my application I am now not allowed to work. Like many posters on this forum, I submitted certified copies of our passports and noted in a cover letter that I will submit the originals as soon as they are required; it would have been completely impossible to function in the UK for the past six-and-a-half months without valid ID.

My MP also mentioned that the HO claims to have requested our passports in writing and that I had not responded. Absolutely untrue; at the time of writing this, I have received no such requests from them. Further, the HO informed my MP that they write to all EEA2 family members who are eligible to work in the UK. Aren't we all? In my case, apart from my Certificate of Application, on which no mention is made of employment rights, I have certainly not received any confirmation of any of my rights whatsoever.

Immediately after receiving this email I phoned SOLVIT in Brussels where I was fortunate to speak to a very competent person. She confirmed that, since I am married to an EEA national who is exercising her right to work in the UK, it is highly unlikely (that is, close to impossible) that I do not have the right to work.

In any event, following the suggestion of my MP to immediately submit our passports to the HO, I did so earlier today. I have no idea whether I stand any chance of having this resolved soon, but I will keep you posted.

florida
Newly Registered

Post by florida » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello,everyone.
I'm really new to this forum.

[b]Dear Apretori[/b]
actually,I had received exactly same letter 2 weeks ago.
I hope my passport will be ready to be sent.....but to be honest,I can't believe HO anymore....
Well,fingirs cross....

[b]This is my quetion.[/b]
I have asked them to send my passport back last week by email because I have to visit my husband's family(really important family event) in end of July.
(I have been waiting RC since September 2008)

However,I haven't heard from HO yet.On the website,it says"We will try to return your travel documents within 10 working days of you making us aware of your travel plans"
Has anybody gotten email or letter from HO after asking them to return passport? or Do I have to just wait?

I would be really glad if anybody could give me some information.
Thank you very much.

Eric-Poole

Passport for travel

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:26 pm

I recalled my wife's passport for Christmas. They sent it back without the residence permit telling us that to return to the UK we would have to apply at the British Consulate in the country that we visited to get authorization to re-enter the country. Without the Residency Permit we could not get a Schengen visa either !!

Basically it was too much hassle and I returned the passport immediately to UKBA with a very nasty letter. Since UKBA are withholding all your documents including marriage certificates and other original docs while processing your application, if they were doing their job properly, THEY should give you all of the necessary paperwork to return back to the UK!!! Aren't they controlling the border after all ????

Others have managed to re-enter with the COA and copy of correspondence to and from UKBA. However if the Border Officer is an knee cap it can easily turn into a nightmare. I personally judged it was not worth the risk.

One last advise chase UKBA and ask them to give you the name of the officer that they promised to appoint. This is the key to get your file processed !!

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Eric

sebhoff
Newly Registered

Re: Passport for travel

Post by sebhoff » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Eric-Poole wrote: One last advise chase UKBA and ask them to give you the name of the officer that they promised to appoint. This is the key to get your file processed !!
I would think that the chances of finding out an actual name of a caseworker are pretty much nil.
I now dimly remember talking to a caseworker once (sorry - no idea why anymore and how I managed to get her on the phone - this is almost 2 years ago) and at the end of the conversation, I asked her for her name. She refused, saying it's general policy not to give names. They are probably scared we would go after them for making our lives miserable... :roll:

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 pm

When UKBA writes to you that a case office will be appointed soon, just use this letter as reference to ask for the name of the appointed office, if you don't hear anything within 2 weeks.

Once an officer was appointed, my case was resolved within 4 weeks. The issue is that UKBA is keeping files for 6+ months without appointing anybody to process the case.

Cheers. Eric

odileletaief
Newly Registered

Re: Complaints letter

Post by odileletaief » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:If you are not fluent in English, writing a strong complaint letter can be difficult and using a lawyer very expensive. I therefore posted examples of generic letters that I used. Here is a link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2&start=20

I hope this helps. Eric

Thank you very much Eric-Poole

odileletaief
Newly Registered

Post by odileletaief » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:34 pm

florida wrote:Hello,everyone.
I'm really new to this forum.

Dear Apretori
actually,I had received exactly same letter 2 weeks ago.
I hope my passport will be ready to be sent.....but to be honest,I can't believe HO anymore....
Well,fingirs cross....

This is my quetion.
I have asked them to send my passport back last week by email because I have to visit my husband's family(really important family event) in end of July.
(I have been waiting RC since September 2008)

However,I haven't heard from HO yet.On the website,it says"We will try to return your travel documents within 10 working days of you making us aware of your travel plans"
Has anybody gotten email or letter from HO after asking them to return passport? or Do I have to just wait?

I would be really glad if anybody could give me some information.
Thank you very much.

I asked them to send me my passeport in 25/05/09 over the phone 5 days later I received my documnet in 30/05/09.

I Think you should call them!!

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 pm

odileletaief wrote: I asked them to send me my passeport in 25/05/09 over the phone 5 days later I received my documnet in 30/05/09.

Did you receive your passport with or without Residency Permit?

Eric

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Well,

My wife been waiting for RC since Sep-2008, when she applied for EEA2 RC

Untill now many complaints sent to UKBA, HomeOffice and local MP as well. We sent an email yesterday to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and got a reply today:
(Your compaint is now forwarded to the relevant casework department for action. They will contact you directly.)

So, lets wait and see...

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 pm

OmarA wrote:
pdykid wrote: Omar,

pdykid,

Thanks for the info, sent them email today.

How long does it take before they reply?

OmerA,

Sorry for the delayed message:

So, you have received a letter from NWCSU.

After the apology letter from NWCSU, I have received another letter from my case worker asking for my passport (as I got them for my holidays) and current salary slips / employer letter.

I have sent them same day thru special delivery addressed with case worker id and department, the next week I received my RC.

So over all it took about 12 to 15 days to receive my RC after my simple email complaint to NWCSU.

So be prepare to send additional documents, they may ask you…

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:03 pm

pdykid,

Sent them email, and received a reply back yesterday the asked for full name of my wife, nationality and home office ref.nr. (if known).

I replied, and 10mins later they told me that my complaint is now forwarded to the caseworker department.

Thats all so far, but at least the did reply!

Lets wait and see...

Will they reply by email? or send me a letter?

I will be moving home from 1st of july :(

florida
Newly Registered

Post by florida » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Dear odileletaief

Thank you for your information

Did you ask your passport for an emergency travel?
Because on website,HO said for an emergency travel,you can call them and ask for it.However,it's not an emergency,you have to send email and ask to return passport.
Even it's not an emergency,I should call them,shouldn't I ?

Did anyone ask to return passport by email?

odileletaief
Newly Registered

Post by odileletaief » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:28 pm

florida wrote:Dear odileletaief

Thank you for your information

Did you ask your passport for an emergency travel?
Because on website,HO said for an emergency travel,you can call them and ask for it.However,it's not an emergency,you have to send email and ask to return passport.
Even it's not an emergency,I should call them,shouldn't I ?

Did anyone ask to return passport by email?

I just call them and said I need my passeport without giving any raison.
and they send it in one week .

odileletaief
Newly Registered

Post by odileletaief » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:
odileletaief wrote: I asked them to send me my passeport in 25/05/09 over the phone 5 days later I received my documnet in 30/05/09.

Did you receive your passport with or without Residency Permit?

Eric
hi Eric
sorry for the delay.
No still waiting for the RC, I have 6 month now

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 am

OmarA wrote:pdykid,

Sent them email, and received a reply back yesterday the asked for full name of my wife, nationality and home office ref.nr. (if known).

I replied, and 10mins later they told me that my complaint is now forwarded to the caseworker department.

Thats all so far, but at least the did reply!

Lets wait and see...

Will they reply by email? or send me a letter?

I will be moving home from 1st of july :(
OmerA,

I received apology letter from NWCSU, and another letter from my case worker asking for more documents (latest salary slips) - all thru royal mail. they never replied thru E-mail to me.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Whom can I inform about change of address?

We will be moving home the 1st of July, and Im worried that mail might get lost as I will not be able to get any mail from the old address!

Anyone?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
As you can see above, its not possible to send email to: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It might be something temporary!

sebhoff
Newly Registered

Post by sebhoff » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:17 pm

OmarA wrote:
As you can see above, its not possible to send email to: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It might be something temporary!
They probably have received so many complaints that they have gone over their quota! :P

Sorry - can't answer your question, though...