ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa worry...help?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabah84
Newly Registered

uk spouse visa worry...help?

Post by sabah84 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 am

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help on my situation. Here's the long story short. I am American, living in USA, married to a British guy, who lives in UK. We bin married nearly 5yrs. I lived with him there for the most part on visiting visas, never settled cus I was double minded about living there permanently. Now I know that I want to, and have returned to USA to apply for Uk Spouse Visa.

I have nearly everything together. I know they look at 1) Accomodation 2) Relationship/Wedding 3)Finances. These are the main things they wanna see are genuine and arent weak. I have accomodating and relationship/wedding really strong. Got lots of evidence. No prob there at all.

Its the financial that is killing me. My husband doesnt have any savings right now, which is ok from what I have been told as long as he is still working and earning income, which he is. He is working full time, earning more then required amount (also from what I have been told by immigration advisor).

Only problem is... he is being payed cash in hand. He doesnt receive payslips, or P60s. I know this is a huge thing. But I want to somehow get around it. I dont want to send this visa application off until I know for sure he is showing sufficient proof if income somehow so that it does not get rejected. He can provide an employee letter stating his pay, position, start date, and that the job is also permanent. But this wont be enough will it?? They might want to see some type of tax return document or payslips??? I dont know what to do. What is the best way of fixing this problem, or anyone been in this situation before?? What can I do so there is no problem in my application?

I would REALLY appreciate any ideas, advice, opinions, stories of situations like myn from anyone. And thank you in advance for your time and help...

sTrEsSed oUt aMeRiCaN-

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: uk spouse visa worry...help?

Post by djb123 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 am

sabah84 wrote:He can provide an employee letter stating his pay, position, start date, and that the job is also permanent. But this wont be enough will it?? They might want to see some type of tax return document or payslips??? I dont know what to do. What is the best way of fixing this problem, or anyone been in this situation before?? What can I do so there is no problem in my application?
If he is working illegally (ie not paying tax) then it is not a very good idea to send any information highlighting this fact to any part of the UK Government. He should make sure he is employed legally one way or another - either with his current employer or find a new job (I can appreciate this may not be easy).

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am

They is nothing illegal in him being paid in cash. But if he is an employee then what is illegal here is the employer's lack of operation of the PAYE system.

Or is the suggestion from the "employer" that he is not an employee at all, but is self-employed? In which case, what sort of work is being done? And are there any other clients?
John

sabah84
Newly Registered

Post by sabah84 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi, thanks for your help...

Here's the answers to your questions. He is working with a taxi base company. In the office as a operator. Booking taxi's, giving directions, ect, ect, ect.

I don't know how to fix this problem. I'm sure it is illegal for him to cash in hand work although he prolly can get himself on the books. Hope it just dont take too long, otherwise if he cant get on books, dont know any other way around this....

Any tips?

Thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Whilst the taxi company might be able to get away with saying their taxi drivers are self-employed, particularly when they are providing their own car, they are hardly likely to get away with that for the office-based staff.

I suggest he asks his employer a simple and polite question, in a sense playing dumb, "Why is no tax and national insurance taken off my earnings?", and see how the employer reacts to that.
John