ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: EEA2, IS THIS A NEW POLICY OR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samyr

RE: EEA2, IS THIS A NEW POLICY OR?

Post by Samyr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Hello all,

To cut the story short, I was granted Residence card last year on an A4 paper intituled Immigration Status Document. which was lost by the Home Office Travel Document department.

I had to reapply and granted which received it today endorsed on my wife's Polish Passport!! :shock:

DVLA would not accept it as its my only ID.

Is this a new policy or a mistake?

Country of Origin: Somalia
Please advice me on this situation.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: RE: EEA2, IS THIS A NEW POLICY OR?

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Samyr wrote:Hello all,

To cut the story short, I was granted Residence card last year on an A4 paper intituled Immigration Status Document. which was lost by the Home Office Travel Document department.

I had to reapply and granted which received it today endorsed on my wife's Polish Passport!! :shock:

Did you reapply with your passport? If so, then the RC should've been affixed in your passport; If not then the HO should have re-issued the RC on a separate A4 sheet.

I would say contact the caseworker directly to have this rectified. You are not a minor so there is no excusing your residence card being in your wife's passport!

DFDS.

Re: RE: EEA2, IS THIS A NEW POLICY OR?

Post by DFDS. » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Samyr wrote:Hello all,

Did you reapply with your passport? If so, then the RC should've been affixed in your passport; If not then the HO should have re-issued the RC on a separate A4 sheet.

I would say contact the caseworker directly to have this rectified. You are not a minor so there is no excusing your residence card being in your wife's passport!
Sorry am finding it hard to believe the OP! :roll:
Last edited by DFDS. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:44 am

DFDS Yes its on my wife's Passport. I cant believe how can they do this?!

Plumo70 I have no passport thats why i was applying for a Travel Document coz i was here as a Somali asylum seeker. I have tried to call Liverpool so that i can ask for my case worker but i get through. Any advice most appreciated.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 am

I have got no idea whether Polish Passports have got provisions for spouse details or something of the kind. But according to case work instructions, where no passport has been produced, the resident card should be issued on an immigration status document (ACD.2150).

The appropriate covering letter is the ECD.3108.

However, if i were in your position, my priority would have been applying for a Trvl. Doc. Dvla would come later. Grab your wife's Passport that contains your RC, the covering letter they sent you, plus your ARC as an asylum seeker, then make afresh application for a Trvl document.
Last edited by DFDS. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:12 am

Hello DFDS

Absolutely you are right. Thats what i did when i received my Residence card last year and lost my Residence card. Believe me they refused my TD application stating i am not entitled till after five years?!!! when i get my permanent. Which is totally not correct coz they understand i cannot get a Somali passport.

On top of that my now residence card expires 2014 which my previous one states 2013....as this was a replacement not a fresh application.

Any advice most appreciated.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:38 am

Samyr wrote:Hello DFDS

Absolutely you are right. Thats what i did when i received my Residence card last year and lost my Residence card. Believe me they refused my TD application stating i am not entitled till after five years?!!! when i get my permanent. Which is totally not correct coz they understand i cannot get a Somali passport.

On top of that my now residence card expires 2014 which my previous one states 2013....as this was a replacement not a fresh application.

Any advice most appreciated.
Samyr, i understand you have now switched status am i right? at the moment HO cannot apply UK law to determine your applications, for that case i would suggest you refer your complaint to UK "SOLVIT". You have to be very specific with them, and provide all correspondences and documentations.
Last edited by DFDS. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you DFDS.

Please can you post me contact details of UK SOLVIT.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... qualifies/ That link can help you understand whether you qualify for a certificate of travel or not, as i don't think you do qualify for any other type of travel document until after 5yrs when you have qualified for permanent stay.

Besides, it says there are some exceptions, which am sure you can take advantage of, provided you have all the proof.
Last edited by DFDS. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Thank you DFDS,

Will contact my Solicitor to check that link and see what we can do to get the Certificate of Travel.

At the moment waiting for a reply from NWCSU department. Sent an email explaining what was issued on my wife's passort.

Gave my case worker's name as well. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Appreciate your effort DFDS.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Samyr wrote:Thank you DFDS.

Please can you post me contact details of UK SOLVIT.
http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/centres ... m#ukingdom