ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on (potential) post-appeal withdrawal...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Advice on (potential) post-appeal withdrawal...

Post by swjunkie228 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Quick back story:

Applied Jan 12, received refusal March 5, appealed and had a successful appeal May 20. It has now been five weeks since my hearing (four weeks since the Home Office could re-appeal). I am sending a letter of complaint on Monday and my local MP will also be sending a letter of complaint and has begun making phone calls on my behalf.

I know there are people who have been waiting much longer and I apologise for sounding impatient, but I have a few questions regarding withdrawing my application (as a last resort).

I have yet to receive my 'call in' letter to send my passport and I have been offered a job at home which begins 5 August. I am aware of the process from the UKBA website.

I'm planning on waiting as long as possible (i.e. the VERY end of July), but I was curious if people have an idea of how long it takes them to get the passport back to you once you withdraw your application and also, the legal ramifications of withdrawing an application (i.e. - what happens when I come back to visit the UK, how long I have to leave if I am forced to withdraw my application).

Thanks!

hoopsy

Re: Advice on (potential) post-appeal withdrawal...

Post by hoopsy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:51 pm

swjunkie228 wrote:Quick back story:

Applied Jan 12, received refusal March 5, appealed and had a successful appeal May 20. It has now been five weeks since my hearing (four weeks since the Home Office could re-appeal). I am sending a letter of complaint on Monday and my local MP will also be sending a letter of complaint and has begun making phone calls on my behalf.

I know there are people who have been waiting much longer and I apologise for sounding impatient, but I have a few questions regarding withdrawing my application (as a last resort).

I have yet to receive my 'call in' letter to send my passport and I have been offered a job at home which begins 5 August. I am aware of the process from the UKBA website.

I'm planning on waiting as long as possible (i.e. the VERY end of July), but I was curious if people have an idea of how long it takes them to get the passport back to you once you withdraw your application and also, the legal ramifications of withdrawing an application (i.e. - what happens when I come back to visit the UK, how long I have to leave if I am forced to withdraw my application).

Thanks!
Since your appeal has been successful, it's best that you just wait patiently for the call-in letter and for your visa. If you decide to withdraw, you may have difficulty getting EC again, irrespective of the successful appeal. I gather it could take 10-14days for you to get your docs back if you withdraw. Waiting would be more desirable especially as you have waited this long?
Good things come to those who wait.................

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is the job I've been offered at home is basically a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm not willing to pass that up.

The visa process was (and is) a complete sham and the visa should have been granted when I originally applied (exact words from the immigration judge). I'm beyond caring at this point and if I didn't think it would happen in the next month I'd pack up and leave now.