ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atul sharma
Newly Registered

regarding visa

Post by atul sharma » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi....
I am bit confused whether I am qualified for the tier 1 or not can you please mention in detail which points are included in this,because I am here for MSC marketing but due to the some problems I am not able to complete my cores successfully so insted of this university is giving me PG diploma in Marketing.............does this thing effects my points. Because someone has told me that you get points for successfully completion of course but insted of MSC marketing I am getting PG diploma In marketing.

So I am not eligible for the PBS , is there any way to extend the visa......... to get work permmit etc. Any recommendations

sadhu

Re: regarding visa

Post by sadhu » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 pm

atul sharma wrote:Hi....
I am bit confused whether I am qualified for the tier 1 or not can you please mention in detail which points are included in this,because I am here for MSC marketing but due to the some problems I am not able to complete my cores successfully so insted of this university is giving me PG diploma in Marketing.............does this thing effects my points. Because someone has told me that you get points for successfully completion of course but insted of MSC marketing I am getting PG diploma In marketing.

So I am not eligible for the PBS , is there any way to extend the visa......... to get work permmit etc. Any recommendations
As far as this topic is concerned, PG diploma/certificate is not acceptable in order to get PSW visa.The new rule has been established on 31st of March,2009.Why you are not trying to achieve post graduate degree/Msc. degree? I guess you are struggling to manage your dissertation which is a core module with a view to obtaining PG degree.

It is very easy to cope with assignments.Students always avoid dissertation as it is considered as a difficult module.Well, I took a year to finish my final report.Anyway, I would like to suggest you please start your final year project and concentrate on thesis report.It will extend your visa as long as your supervisor issue a letter.In addition, you can immigrate to America/Canada/Australia by means of PG degree. Most of the time PG certificate/diploma does not provide applicants with sufficient points.

I hope this helps.Good luck.