ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review/New application- previously accepted experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

exujing
Newly Registered

Review/New application- previously accepted experience

Post by exujing » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:32 pm

hello all, my HSMP application was just rejected and here's a summary:

*Educational background: successfully claimed 15 points
*Past Earnings: successfully claimed 25 points
*Pantner's achievements: successfully claimed 10 points
* Work Experience: I claimed 25 points for 5 years graduate work, but only 4 years 2 months were accepted.

Here's a brief work history of mine:
July 1998- June 1999: Company A
June 1999-Aug 2001: Company A merged with another company to form company B, and I was transfered to Company B.
Aug 2001-Oct 2003: Company C.
Feb 2004 - present: Company D in UK.

Only experiences in B and C were accepted. I have got a good testimonial from C and I think that's why it was accepted. I couldn't get anything from A or B except the transfer letter and resignation letter. I only have a faxed copy of offer letter from A. That might be why the experience was not accepted.

I am planning for a new application and the new evidences that I am able to proivide are:
* A letter from B stating that I have worked for them from July 1998 to Aug 2001
* A better written letter from my current employer to prove it's graduate level work, plus some job ads.

My Question is:
* My work experience in B was accepted with no strong evidence, is it possible for it to be rejected if I still have the same evidence?

If any one can give me some advice, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:56 pm

I think everything is possible. But keep in mind that it will be a different case worker, and he/she might not have the same opinion as the one who dealt with your first application.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:28 am

upstairs is right.

good luck. :wink:

exujing
Newly Registered

Post by exujing » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:57 pm

Thanks both for your reply. I had a look at the sticky and realized the reason why my experience in Company B were accepted was the Job Title as Software Engineer. However, it's not for sure as there were no job descriptions. So to be safe, I will also ask my ex-boss to write me a reference letter on personel ground(he is not with the company any more). In fact, the good testimonial from C was from him :P .