ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What would be the VISA start Date Once Appeal is ALLOWED

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack199
Member of Standing

What would be the VISA start Date Once Appeal is ALLOWED

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Guys

Does anybody know, once your appeal is allowed and you wait for lets say 2 - 3months for the passport endoursment letter from HO and then finally you get the endoursment letter but then again it takes another 1 month.

WHAT WOULD BE THE START DATA OF MY PSW VISA?

would that be when the appeal is allowed or from the date when the passport has been stamped by HO?

Many Thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:05 pm

I am sure that it wud be from the date wen you won u appeal.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 pm

ash786 wrote:I am sure that it wud be from the date wen you won u appeal.
That can not true follow the link below and see what happened to Rahil there are other people as well who say that your VISA will start from when the STAMP the visa on your passport

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#246332

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:42 pm

ash786 wrote:I am sure that it wud be from the date wen you won u appeal.
Another example

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... t+received

cheryl99

Re: What would be the VISA start Date Once Appeal is ALLOWED

Post by cheryl99 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:45 pm

It starts from the date they endorse it in your passport. So if its taken 4 months to get the passport stamped, it will start in the 4th month. Dont worry. Also I have found out that you need to contact the Special Appeals Unit to action your file so they can forward it to the HOPOU. Sometimes they have not even actioned the file, so chase AIT up, until they actually work on your file, otherwise you may take another month.

jack199 wrote:Hi Guys

Does anybody know, once your appeal is allowed and you wait for lets say 2 - 3months for the passport endoursment letter from HO and then finally you get the endoursment letter but then again it takes another 1 month.

WHAT WOULD BE THE START DATA OF MY PSW VISA?

would that be when the appeal is allowed or from the date when the passport has been stamped by HO?

Many Thanks

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: What would be the VISA start Date Once Appeal is ALLOWED

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks a lot for confirming that. I have contacted AIT and they say that they have forward the letter of decision to HO. They have clearly said to me that you are fine either just wait for HO reply or contact HO. I also rang HO but they are very unhelpful and asked me to wait wait and wait.....