ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me regarding Spouse Visa Questions?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabah84
Newly Registered

Please help me regarding Spouse Visa Questions?

Post by sabah84 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 am

Hi guys I really need some help.

Im an american applying for a UK Spouse Visa to settle with my husband in Uk. Hes living there. I got a few questions...sorry if this gets too long but I'm a mess with this whole process and stressed out....

1) We been married nearly 5 yrs, I lived with him in UK for most part, will this help with approval of my application?

2)Hes got his own place, rented 1 bed apartment, we can show all evidence of that. Is a landlord letter a must? Or are the tenancy agreement and all other apartment related papers enough? Also, rent reciepts.

3)Main worry is finances. My husbands working full time, earning income requirement with amount required left over. We will show budget sheet along with bills to show utilitys, rent, ect being payed. Only prob is, hes just started a new job... nearly 2 months since start date, only thing he can provide right now to show income and job proof is letter from his employee or accountant. Or maybe even both. It will state start date, salary, position and that job is permanent. Will this suffice???

He hasnt recieved anything regarding tax, or pay yet... so thats why we are wondering if the letter for now will suffice??

I would really really appreciate some help. Sometimes I dont know where else to turn. If anyone thats been thru this, or similar situation can help me out, I would be grateful.

Sad, lonely, and stressed alone in USA. Wanna go home... :-(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am

3 months bank statements would be ideal, but a letter from the employer should be fine, together with minimum of 3 months bank statements...6 months even better.
You do need a letter from his landlord agreeing to you living there.
When you were living in the UK with your husband, what visa status did you have?

sabah84
Newly Registered

Post by sabah84 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Hey thanks for getting back to me!

The problem is he doesn't have a bank account. He got rid of it years ago when he was having problems with it. I opened one up now when I was there in my name and i'll be adding his name on there also when I go back. But there is no money in my account at the moment cus I haven't worked. I spoke to someone at New York Consulate where my application will be dealt with and they told me not having a bank account won't be a problem as long as he can still show he can support me. Income proof.

Landlord letter won't be a problem.

When I would be with him in England, I would be on 6 Month Visitor Visa's.

I hope the Accountant letter will suffice. He has just started this job recently. So there's not much he can provide.... ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 am

The ECO generally likes to see bank statments as proof of how income is managed, but the Accountants letter should help.