ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absences on maternity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ri
Newly Registered

ILR absences on maternity

Post by ri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi
Iam about to apply for my ILR(hsmp 4 yrs) next month at croydon.
Iam contineously employed for 4 years since i landed in UK.
Last year i had to go back to my country due to my pregnancy and stayed exactly 6 months(maternity leave) there and in 4 years i had 10 months of absecnces from UK including 6 months on maternity and 4 months on annual holidays.Is maternity leave discounted from absences? Could any one please advice me.

Thank you.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm

any one -

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:46 pm

I think, if you out of country for more than 90 days consecutively then the time gets reset. I don’t know if their exist any exceptions.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:31 pm

NHS letter is must to get away from it

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:32 pm

NHS letter is must to get away from it

there many exception to 90 and 180 days rules but good presentation backed by sound supporitng documents are required + luck

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 pm

i think they do give discretion for special circumstances. am not sure though if maternity leave falls under that category

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 am

HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:I think, if you out of country for more than 90 days consecutively then the time gets reset. I don’t know if their exist any exceptions.
you mean a person need to wait another 5 year. my friend went croydon PEO with ore 90days maternity leave absence. they said her ILR unsuccessful and they would send a letter later on. the passport with them ? does need to wait ? what will be the out come . she produced a letter from the doctor saying that not fit to travel . any advise

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:20 pm

They can only deal with straight-forward cases at a PEO. This sounds far from it - and yes, you are very likely to have your time re-set. Maternity leave can be a justification for time away from work, not time outside the country.

I'd speak to an immigration solicitor, and if you do apply, I'd do it via post - this will give them time to properly consider your evidence, and make any further enquiries they think necessary. Otherwise, you are very likely to be paying a lot of money to be turned down on the day.