ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved !!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs Khan

HSMP Approved !!!!

Post by Mrs Khan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:00 pm

Dear All

After waiting for almost an year i have been told that my application has been approved. I applied in september 2004.under 28 year scheme, my application reached there just a day before my 28th birthday.

I was fed up with the long waiting period but kept on reading this message board. After reading some advices on this forum that i thgt that i should send additional docs to support my application which i did.Please note that i changed my job after applying for HSMP and started working at salary less then that i was getting during the time of application.Any how i sent some of the additional docs in july 2005 to support my application.

I contacted HSMP in Aug 2005 and were informed that decision has been made abt my case. i was very curious however i called them again and they informed me about approval i was very excited ut all it VANISHED when i received that approval letter with a typing mistake MY YEAR OF BIRTH WAS TYPED WRONG plus my docs were not with that letter

I contacted HSMP deptt, they asked me to return original letter i send them back & it reached there exactly on my 29th Birthday :-) co incident
I called them today and fortunately spoken to my case worker he said he has despatched the letter with a new issuance date on it

SO GUYS that was my story but i must admitt that this forum is very useful and my approval was not possible without the help that i took from this forum and its members

NOW i am looking forward to EC and would definately need guidance about that . I am also worried coz i am approved under 28 year scheme but i am now 29 years old does this make any diff ?
Does the change in Job have any adverse effecr upon visa application

please any any advice about EC would much be appreciated
Last edited by Mrs Khan on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:30 pm

congratulations.

You age does not matter anymore nor does your change of job.

goodluck with EC

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:22 am

lucky guy! congs :D :D

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:13 pm

you r welcome

fight for low skill job which r not there (Highly skillesd jobs r for longterm visa / residents)

spend all your savings

and then make a great future

regard

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:58 am

Hi,

I recently got HSMP EC from Islamabad, Pak. I sent my application on Aug 23, 05. Got Passport back on Aug 31, 05 with interview date on Sept 09, 05. Went for interview with wife and 4 months old baby. Only my wife was interviewed as she was principal applicant. Got visa on same day on special request as we were traveling back to uk on Sept 11, 05. Please note that my wife was student visa before and i was on working holiday maker visa. The documents we submitted

1)Application forms with photos and fee for three
2)Tenancy agreement
3) Job search evidence
4)Letter of registeration from NHS trust bank
5)Bank statement of mine, father in law
6) Company bank statement as I m self employed
7)Contract letters
8)Educational certificates for self and wife
9)Marriage certificates
10)Birth cert of baby

The interview lasted for 40 min and the lady asked about job search and future plans regarding making uk permanent home

Good luck

Ali

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:44 pm

Ali_uk,

Congrats on your EC. Please could you tell me what kind of evidence u provided for job search.

Thank you.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Hi,

My wife is interested to apply for teaching position so she provided the details on Graduate Teaching Programme(GTP) and communication (emails) with schools. She also provided job alert print outs from various teaching job sites

I hope this helps

Ali

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:34 am

Dear Ali
Congrats for your EC. I would like to get further details about EC application. I am also going to apply from Islamabad with my spouse. I would appreciate if you could give an idea how much fund i should show for EC (me & my spouse).

I have written down all the anticipated expenseas and would be interested to know the least monthly expenses for two person in UK. I may prepare one year budget plan and therefore welcome comments from the members.

I am also interested to know about the accommodation arrangements there. how u got the tenecy agreement and what was the tenure or period for which u got this agreement.

Thxs & wish me luck

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:41 am

Hi,

We have been living for almost a year before we applied for HSMP. We got tenancy agreement from our landlord and it was valid for 6 months. As far as funds go, we provided two statements.

One from me showing around 8000 pounds in my uk account AND
second from my father who has business in Pak around 30 laks.

Please note that my spouse was main applicant and i was her dependent.

They will ask u about money, tenancy agreement and job search. So prepare urself for these three questions

Good luck

Ali

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:26 pm

"fight for low skill job which r not there (Highly skillesd jobs r for longterm visa / residents)

spend all your savings

and then make a great future"

Hi dokwal,

Please could you explain what you mean by this. So that pple like us that has just gotten approval can know what is waiting for us in UK.

Thanks and Regards

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:49 am

Have you ever been to the UK buntosanya?

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:13 am

hi amhilde,

No, I have never been to UK

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 pm

Thxs ali

I am interested to you whether the funds in accounts of main applicant is considered or the dependent coz u gave details of your account although main applicant was your wife.

Do i need to show my hubby's account or my account will be enough for him as he will apply as my dependent.

Secondly on average how much does it cost to hire one room apartment in London what would be the cheapest cost ?

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi,

I would suggest to show ur husband account as well and also ask him to write a cover letter that he will support financially if required during your job search. The more money u show is the better.

My wife didnt have any savings as she was student in uk before and she was supported by me and her father in law. So thats why i attached my bank statement even i was her dependent.

It varies from person to person but bottom line is that u have to meet three conditions to get HSMP EC i.e Money, Accommodation and supporting docs to prove that u r actively looking for work in uk and eventually will make UK ur permanent home.

Average cost of renting a studio apartment in london varies as it depends where u live. U can rent a studio apartment in East London(where most of Pakis live) for 550 pounds.

Did u submit ur EC yet?

Regards

Ali

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:53 pm

Dear All
You must have gone through my initial post. I received my amended HSMP approval letter. UNfortunately this time again they have made some mistake.The case worker didnt bother to write my complete date of birth instead they just wrote year of birth + the case worker didnt sign my approval letter.

I have contacted them again and they asked me to send them back this letter so that they would issue me new letter.

Its really annoying me my HSMP has been approved on 9th August 05 and i couldnt proceed for EC coz of some typing mistakes of HSMP team. I am spending lot of money on sending these letters back & forth.

If i ask them to send me correct letter through DHL or some fast courier will they do it coz if they again send me through Royal Delivery it means another one month waiting period. Cam i arrange with some courier to collect it for me and send it within a 3-4 days time period.

I would welcome any suggestion- I am from Pakistan