ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting Since Nov 08

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jethvar

Waiting Since Nov 08

Post by jethvar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi There

Can any1 tell me dat hw long we have to wait for PSW, as I m waiting since Nov08.

Everyfink is depends on my passport.

Made a complaint and received the response that, all standard process is done, just waiting from third party, as soon as received the response from third party we will make our decision.

Please advise.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Its definitely been in for way too long if still waiting from November 2008. Was your application complicated or special in any way?

All I can say is keep chasing and waiting... there is probably nothing you can do except make an official complaint about the time taken.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Waiting Since Nov 08

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:59 pm

jethvar wrote:Hi There

Can any1 tell me dat hw long we have to wait for PSW, as I m waiting since Nov08.

Made a complaint and received the response that, all standard process is done, just waiting from third party, as soon as received the response from third party we will make our decision.

Please advise.
From which uni/college u studied from..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

jethvar

Post by jethvar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:Its definitely been in for way too long if still waiting from November 2008. Was your application complicated or special in any way?

All I can say is keep chasing and waiting... there is probably nothing you can do except make an official complaint about the time taken.
Hi Dahokolomoki

My application was simple and straight forward, as there is no complication, I have applied from London International College, Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies

jethvar

Re: Waiting Since Nov 08

Post by jethvar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm

yasa wrote:
jethvar wrote:Hi There

Please advise.
From which uni/college u studied from..
TO Yasa,

from London International College, Oxford Circus

I have already made a complaint now thinking to go to MP and do the next step, as I have to apply for my daughter passport.

My application with 1 dependent and we had a baby girl on January....so want to go to India to see family but helpless.

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 am

To jethvar,
can u pls tell when u made an enquiry to HO,what did they say exactly about the third party?is it edexcel or anything else?

jethvar

Post by jethvar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Limbu Timbu wrote:To jethvar,
can u pls tell when u made an enquiry to HO,what did they say exactly about the third party?is it edexcel or anything else?
To Limbu Timbu

I have made an enquiry on April end and they said to me all the standard check are done, waiting from third party, nothing is mentioned abt the third party (who is this thiry party)

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 am

thanks jethvar,the third party has to be edexcel to verify student regi.for external verification of assignments etc.but the question is this external veri.was not mentioned anywhere as criteria for validation of PGD.Hence it has become a complex issue resulting delays.

usmankhan024
Newly Registered

Post by usmankhan024 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:10 am

could you please explain a bit more on that 3rd party thingy....or does anyone know what are the third party checks.

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:03 pm

third party is someone apart from u and college that can verify that ur coursework was verified externalyy,e.g.edexcel,bcs,ncfe etc.

bibo
Newly Registered

PSW Visa

Post by bibo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi all

I have apllied for PSW visa since last dec 2008. Just phone HO today (24th june 2009) and they told me that my visa in into further consideration.WHAT IS FURTHER CONSIDERATION??? last month when i phoned them they told me that my visa is into consideration. Are they just playing with word???

Can somebody let me know if they have been waiting for more than 6 months??

Can we still get a refusal after such a long wait?

I feel so stress everyday. I rush for my post everyday hoping that it might be my VISA.
:(

Pls advice :idea:
Many many thnx

Many many thnx

amycerdita
Newly Registered

You are not the only one

Post by amycerdita » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi there, we are on the very dame boat. I applied last Nov & it is forever "under further consideration". I do think they should have a deadline for delayed applications, we've got the right to know the process aint we??

Fingers cross that it will be all good news in the end..

bibo
Newly Registered

Post by bibo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Amy

Thank you for ur reply... Oh God.... I wonder how many more people out there are waiting for their visa..... Poor us...Paying such a big amount for a service that I beleive should be provided in the best possible way because this country give so much emphasis on customer servicing but unfortunately we can c that only the British are entitled to good stuff...Who really care about our effort?????

Thank you Amy once more...

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:33 pm

bibo wrote:Hi Amy

Thank you for ur reply... Oh God.... I wonder how many more people out there are waiting for their visa..... Poor us...Paying such a big amount for a service that I beleive should be provided in the best possible way because this country give so much emphasis on customer servicing but unfortunately we can c that only the British are entitled to good stuff...Who really care about our effort?????

Thank you Amy once more...
Even though I am a foreigner here in the UK myself, I have to take a strong opposing stance to your view.

Getting a Tier 1 is a "privilege" that the UK government and citizens have offered, not a "right". They do not owe foreigners anything, and in fact, they are doing a favor by offering working visas. Many other countries in the world have much stricter immigration and work visa policies.

Of course the British people are entitled to the good stuff in the UK; this is their country after all. If you want to work in this country, you have to play by the UK government's rules and put up with their system. If you don't like it, you are of course 100% free to go back to your own country. But I suspect you don't like working in your country as much as you do the UK (that's why you are applying for a work visa), so stop complaining and just put up with it.

bibo
Newly Registered

Post by bibo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Ohh will u stop talking about favour plz koz nobody is doing me a favour ...I am paying for this service so I have full right over my money ....Of course I will feel proud to work in my country...It is a paradise over there... I just want to have some experience from this country ... in fact I am doing them a favour by staying here and spend my energy...

Everyone should have a right regardless of what country they are in even animal do have their rights n dont forget I am doing everything acc to the law ...so when I am not doing anything wrong , then why shall I not get what I have paid for....

Its people like u who make other feel oppressed by ur pathetic advice

Next time keep ur nasty advice to urself and go and find out more about people's right ....

Waiting for 6 months for a visa is not easy at all....the sooner u understand this the better it is....

I am already stressad out , so dont add to it...

:evil:

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:04 pm

bibo wrote:Ohh will u stop talking about favour plz koz nobody is doing me a favour ...I am paying for this service so I have full right over my money ....Of course I will feel proud to work in my country...It is a paradise over there... I just want to have some experience from this country ... in fact I am doing them a favour by staying here and spend my energy...

Everyone should have a right regardless of what country they are in even animal do have their rights n dont forget I am doing everything acc to the law ...so when I am not doing anything wrong , then why shall I not get what I have paid for....

Its people like u who make other feel oppressed by ur pathetic advice

Next time keep ur nasty advice to urself and go and find out more about people's right ....

Waiting for 6 months for a visa is not easy at all....the sooner u understand this the better it is....

I am already stressad out , so dont add to it...

:evil:
I am agreed with you.Very often, people forget how students' money help british economy.According to me, as we have paid a huge amount of tuition fees to the institutions in order to achieve degree therefore, overseas residents have to have the proper facilities.Emphatically, ukba has had ample time to process the applications. Plenty of applicants have been waiting for the psw visas.Everyday people ask the ukba about their outstanding cases, sarcastically,the answer is waiting for consideration which is nothing but a vague reply.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 pm

The money you are paying the institutions is for the degree, not for getting a visa. The UKBA doesn't see a penny of the money you pay for your education degree.

And yes, we all paid the money for the visa too. If you believe the money you paid for the visa application is too much, you are welcome to apply for work visas to other countries that are cheaper and faster and offer a better service. The only thing the UKBA offered in return for your visa money is to "consider" your application, with no guarantees of how long it will take or if there is an approval. Yes, you have "full right" over your money; no-one can tell you how to spend it; unfortunately you took the decision to spend it on a UK visa application, and there is no service "guarantee" provided.

Bibo, have you ever thought that the UK government might not be grateful for you "staying here and spend your energy", and that is why they are making the visa process so long and hard? Finaly, is it worth all this stress and giving up "paradise back home" to gain a few year's work experience in the UK, whose economy itself is in the doldrums?

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:00 pm

I dont understand your argument. The UK government is definetely giving us an opportunity rather than a right. But it is not necessarily a privilege. Especially when they are delaying applications for months, that is unacceptable regardless of where on earth you are.

UKBA is very inefficient, and has become worse even with new rules. If caseworkers dont even understand the policies themselves, it shows you what poor form the current arrangements are in. At the end of the day the UK government sells the opportunities and therefore is a de facto business. If they are charging you the kind of money they do, you are entitled to demand for a more efficient service, not necessarily the visa but the service should be adequate. A visa should not take more than 8 weeks to process unless you are permanently settling, or having many issues, in which case they should be transparent enough to contact you and explain what is going on.

If you want people to leave, then incentivise them, other countries do so.
As for not seeing a penny, UKBA may not see it but Britain sees it, the uni facilities and some of the research and grants are funded by overseas students, the taxes you pay in VAT, and the money you spend through things such as public transport all goes into maintaining services shared by everyone. Immigrants also pay taxes when working, in addition to council tax for example. Many people who work whilst studying pay National Insurance contributions, but will probably never claim it, so you can add that too.

We know that we are subject to the governments and laws of this land, but that does not mean we push ourselves into suboordination, because alot of us pay for the opportunity. You want business you got business.

dahokolomoki wrote:The money you are paying the institutions is for the degree, not for getting a visa. The UKBA doesn't see a penny of the money you pay for your education degree.

And yes, we all paid the money for the visa too. If you believe the money you paid for the visa application is too much, you are welcome to apply for work visas to other countries that are cheaper and faster and offer a better service. The only thing the UKBA offered in return for your visa money is to "consider" your application, with no guarantees of how long it will take or if there is an approval. Yes, you have "full right" over your money; no-one can tell you how to spend it; unfortunately you took the decision to spend it on a UK visa application, and there is no service "guarantee" provided.

Bibo, have you ever thought that the UK government might not be grateful for you "staying here and spend your energy", and that is why they are making the visa process so long and hard? Finaly, is it worth all this stress and giving up "paradise back home" to gain a few year's work experience in the UK, whose economy itself is in the doldrums?

bibo
Newly Registered

Post by bibo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Very well said Cheryl... we paid £500 for a service and still waiting for 8 months without a reply...Phone them they say ur visa is into consideration...as if i dont know it is into consideration( infact that's y we sent our passport in order to consider our case) ....they will tell u thing that u know already....

Tell us more...like...y is it taking so long...what doc is missing...anything just to help us know where we r standing u know...

never mind koz if foreigner cant understand foreigner ....then how the british understand the difficulties one gets when u dont have an ID with you....for so long...how miserable life is!!!!!!
Last edited by bibo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Cheryl99,

I totally agree with you. The way UKBA treating the PSW students are awful. I don't understand the point why they are holding up the application. My intuition is that they don't want to put everyone into appeal process and create a long queue in the appeal system. Instead they are making the students (PSW applicants) frustrated with a hope that they might leave the country. The only thing I would to those poor PSW students don't loose hope. If they are making you wait this long they will give you PSW at some point.

dahokolomoki,

please don't talk rubbish. I am a qualified accountant and leaving here for 10yrs. The Universities loves international student (more than home students). the amount of revenue generated helps many University to survive (since I am attached to a University). Therefore it is good for the government that int. students do come to UK. UKBA is one of the govt institution. Therefore they should treat the students with respect. If intake of int. students drops then many University may have to close down. Not only that ,from my personal experience UK needs qualified people which they lack (since very few UK students see the door of the University).

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm

There is no other country that offers a faster turnaround than the UK. I do hope you guys understand that and other countries don't even offer the opportunity for an appeal like the UK does, I do understand the service is poor but this wasn't the case some 2 to 3 years back; Most of the strict rules and delays have been caused by people who delibrately want to cheat the system and we all innocently get caught up in it. All the best though, I know it's hard waiting and I have been there just like you and I hope you get it resolved asap.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown