ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce Visa....finger scanning to be taken AGAIN!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Spouce Visa....finger scanning to be taken AGAIN!!!

Post by HelloGene » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Hello

It is with utter frustration that im posting on this thread hoping to hear some comforting feedback from any member regarding to me bizzare uk spouce visa case.

Im a 22yr old female who applied about 2 months ago for uk spouce visa from karachi.

just today i got call from gerrys saying that u need to come down and have ur finger scaning taken again!! :x :x :x :x :x

After two whole months they are telling me that the finger scan is not correctly showing! ... WHY WHY WHY!!!

If any experienced member can answer this......
1)Do you think my application is processed and its a final chek they are doing?
2)Do you think my application will take another 2 months in waiting period once they scan my finger print again?
3)Do you think this is part of the 60day wait?....its already been 33working days lapsed till this day.

Has anyone gone through similar experience as I have....if so please share ur views.

regards
HelloGene

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:39 pm

If any experienced member can answer this......
1)Do you think my application is processed and its a final chek they are doing?

No

2)Do you think my application will take another 2 months in waiting period once they scan my finger print again?

No

3)Do you think this is part of the 60day wait?....its already been 33working days lapsed till this day

Yes - In Pakistan the standard time is 90 days not 60 - The fact that you have had to have your finger scan done again should not delay your application longer than normal.

Dont worry, just be a bit more patient and it might just work out for you in the end

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Post by HelloGene » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Hello batleykhan

Im replying to you after exactly 2 months since I posted my issue on this post...

As you clearly said that it will not take another 2 months.....the spouce visa people have infact taken the 2 whole months since I last posted my post here.

do u think my application is forgotten?.....im just so upset

Since 9th March when I first applied....till this day it has now been 77 working days past. Since I had to reaply again on 5th May due to my fingerprint wrongly coming out (fault of gerry's!!).....do you think it will take another 60 working days from 5th May....that means end of july it will be 60 working days from 5th May!

the status on the gerrys website has not even changed....it still reads "forwarded to ISB OC on"...

what shall I do?

HelloGene

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:09 pm

There should have been no further delay because Fedex cocked things up . Your application was already in the system. They should have looked at your file again after they recieved the second set of fingerprints to decide whether they should grant you visa or not.

It does not mean that your file goes to the bottom of the queue.

I suggest what you do is to write a detailed email about your application ( refs no, date of application, where lodged, when fingerprints done 1st and 2nd time etc and send an email to both the following email addresses asking them for a response.

If you want me to look at the email to make sure its correct , pm it to me before sending it.

If its ok then email it to:
visaabudhabi@fco.gov.uk and UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Let me know what their response is.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi there. I just read your post and then realised it was back in April! Same thing happened to my husband in Kenya. We had waited 1 month and he went back on the date they had requested only to find out the finger prints had to be re done! However the very next day they posted on the website that the application was ready. So i assumed that checking the biometrics was the last stage. Looks like it depends on the country. Still,we got a positive result and my husband is now in the UK so it certainly doesn't mean anything that they asked for them again. Good luck. I hope its a positive result for you too.

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Post by HelloGene » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Hello

thanks for your reassuring and positive reply. It has helped me to bring in some hope....and that im not the only one that went through this.

Anyway after compiling a strong tone email and giving my history of the application and that what had happend....I got 3 responses from the visa high commision....its quite confusing. It looks as though even the high commision does not know where the spouce visa applications are handled.
This is because in the first reply they say that all settlement applications are handled in UKBA London and in the second email reply which came a few days after, they claim that my application is actually in ABU DHABI!!!....So then I emailed Abu Dhabi and finally the third reply I got from Abu Dhabi was even more confusing!!!.....they claim we dont process settlement and that these applications are handled in the UK!!!

Please read below the three replies and tell me what all of you think. Im just mentally ready that it is certainly going to take another 60 working days from 5th May when I reapplied....and these 60 working days will be end of July or 5th Aug.....Im somehow convinced that after I had to re-apply my application, it was thrown back to the bottom of the que for processing.... :cry:

Im just so depressed.....you feel like hitting these people soo hard and the reason why im saying that is because it was their fault!!!....and I could have been with my hubby by now....9th of June was the first set of 60 working days that were lapsed from 9th March.

depressed_wife :(

==========================================
FIRST REPLY (June 8th)
---------------------------

Dear Madam

Your ref : UK HUB (6365) (application yet to be assessed in UK)

Thank you for your e-mail in which you enquired about status of visa application.

Please be advised that all non-settlement applications received through Lahore & Karachi Visa Application Centres are being assessed in British Embassy Abu-Dhabi and settlement applications are being handled at UKBA London.

Under the current procedure, Passports are kept by BHC Islamabad until the application is concluded at the above operation centres which is then returned to BHC for further process, such as visa stamp and return through VAC/Gerry's for delivery to the applicant.
==============================================

SECOND REPLY (June 11)
-----------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail .

Kindly note that your application is being handled in British Embassy Abu Dhabi . Please contact following e-mail address for further help and assistance.

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

You can also contact them through fax number 009712 6101587.

You can also monitor the progress on your visa application through Gerry's website www.ukvacpk.com by inserting tracking ID number which starts from GRY-PK....................

============================================

THIRD REPLY (June 30)
---------------------------

Dear Madam

Sorry for the delay.

This application is processed in the UK, please forward your enquiries to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Thank you

Visa Section

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:26 am

Ok , email all three back ( attaching above copies of email to each one) and ask them if they can confirm if at least one of them has the application.

Your application should be with one of them. Hopefully they should confirm it. Once they have done that, then keep chasing it up with them.

I am going to award you the highest medal possible for your patience in this matter. You have my complete sympathy.

Why dont you send the full history to your hubby in the UK and ask him to have a word with his MP in the UK, to see if he can help chase it up

HelloGene
Newly Registered

Post by HelloGene » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 am

Ok i will do it all as u say... and let u know the update...

just wondering though....is there not anyone else on the fourm who is going through the same experience as i am. Im asking this because when I had to reapply at gerry's on the 5th May....i asked them why they messed up the fingerprints...and they replied that its a whole batch of applicant finger prints gone wrong...around 300....so am i the only human and the rest were all Jinn applicatants?....why doesnt anyone else post the same problem as i have?.....just curious.

HelloGene