ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for reconsideration with AIT, urgent advices needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lada24
Newly Registered

Applying for reconsideration with AIT, urgent advices needed

Post by Lada24 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I just received a letter and the judge dismissed my appeal under the matter of maintenance funds. I am going to apply for reconsideration.

The judge basically said that the officer didn't make wrong decision based on the evidence given at the time it's been made. But at the time I sent my appeal form out , I also sent my bank statement up to Feb 9th where the money has been there for 3 months. Under the s.85(4) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, the judge may consider evidence arising after the date of the decision. So do you think they will reconsider my case if I fight my corner on this ground? And that if the judge exercised this , that means I meet all the requirement right?

I also now have another part-time job at a cafe'. Though the 800 pounds isn't in my account anymore but I have regular monthly income for over 500 pounds through my account, plus cash from my restaurant work. Would it be good to mention that I am being self-sufficient?

I will have to send my application out this Friday, so every quick responses to this is much appreciated

Cheers.

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:15 pm

You are correct, you can introduce new evidence, but it should only cover the period in question. For example, if you were short by £50 on 01 Feb, then your new evidence should only show you had the required amount on that day only. This is all you have to do.

I understand you tried to show the judge you had enough money after the date of your application. Experience of other people shows it doesn't work. The judge will only accept new evidence if it covers the required period only.

You can go to the high court of course, as it will extend your stay and give you more time to save some money. But it is unlikely you would win it if you don't show the evidence covering the required period.