ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to withdraw PSW application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oliva
Newly Registered

How to withdraw PSW application?

Post by Oliva » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:42 pm

:( Hi everyone

I sent my PSW in nov'08 and still waiting for it. Its been more than 7 months now. But I never called HO in fear that it may delay my application further. Now I have got a job offer from an A rated employer who agreed to apply Certificate of sponsorship for me. But I am not sure how do I withdraw my application? My student visa xpired in 31/12/08 and I need to start my new job in august. Thats y I dont have enough time to get the visa sorted. Has anybody got any idea hw to proceed?

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: How to withdraw PSW application?

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Oliva wrote::( Hi everyone

I sent my PSW in nov'08 and still waiting for it. Its been more than 7 months now. But I never called HO in fear that it may delay my application further. Now I have got a job offer from an A rated employer who agreed to apply Certificate of sponsorship for me. But I am not sure how do I withdraw my application? My student visa xpired in 31/12/08 and I need to start my new job in august. Thats y I dont have enough time to get the visa sorted. Has anybody got any idea hw to proceed?
Sorry to hear that. There might be "Further Checks" to your application which is delaying the Visa.
If you want to withdraw your application, you can do so by writing to them but remember, your passport might come without the visa! It’s better to call HO and find out about the application as sometimes the passports are lost in Post.
In any case I would suggest you to consult your company’s lawyer, which I believe, would give you free advise. Good luck!

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 pm

There's no harm in calling up the Home Office to check the status of the visa.

Also, your company would have hired some experienced immigration lawyers to deal with your case, so they can provide the best advice.

At the end of the day though, remember that the Tier 1 visa belongs to you, while the work permit belongs to the company, so in the case you get fired later on (touchwood it never happens), then having a Tier 1 is much more advantageous to the work permit as you can immediately apply for all jobs, whereas if you require a work permit you can only apply for companies that sponsor work permits.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

Oliva
Newly Registered

Post by Oliva » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks for writing and suggestions fiendz.
I spoke e HO today n yes they said its under further consideration. Whats that? they cannot say hw long to wait further but also said its the only option to w...a....i...t. So frustrating...
As my last visa stamp was as student will I still be considered to work 20hrs? Can I just take up my post (which is 40hrs) now and wait untill end of August to hear from HO as its not term time ( Summer Holiday ) for students. although I hv already done diploma, will it work for me?

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Oliva wrote: As my last visa stamp was as student will I still be considered to work 20hrs? Can I just take up my post (which is 40hrs) now and wait untill end of August to hear from HO as its not term time ( Summer Holiday ) for students. although I hv already done diploma, will it work for me?
Be very careful because if it is a 'full time, permanent' position you'll break your current visa. I wrote to the home office for clarification and was told I couldn't even really apply for a 'full time, permanent' position until I had the visa.

Oliva
Newly Registered

Post by Oliva » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanx swjunkie228 for clirification. So at this moment we can just work 20 hrs legally full stop.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Oliva wrote:Thanx swjunkie228 for clirification. So at this moment we can just work 20 hrs legally full stop.
No, can work full-time. But you are not allowed to take up a permanent post.

Infonaz

Post by Infonaz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

No my friends, unfortunaly when I called and specificly asked about being able to work they said:

Only if you sent you passport on time before your previous visa had expired you are allowed to work for 4months after your previous visa expired, and you are not allowed to work either full time or part time at anytime thereafter.

If you sent you docs even 1 day after your previous visa expired you are not allowed to work at all at any time.

When I asked how can someone survive in this country paying rent and bills even if you are sponsored, the sponsor never thought that he will sponsor me for so long for doing nothing.. They said they can not disscuss it with me they only can give me information about my current status..

Sad..

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 pm

No my friends, unfortunaly when I called and specificly asked about being able to work they said
Infonaz, you need to check your information or ask for a better clarification because according to the UKCISA website (UK Council for International Student Affairs),
If you have applied under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) before your immigration permission to be in the UK as a student expires, you can work full-time while you wait for the decision on your Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) application. You can carry on working full-time even after your student permission expires, if you are still waiting for the decision at that stage. But you must not:

* engage in business, self-employment or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer
* pursue a career by filling a permanent full-time vacancy
Further more they have a direct link to a PDF in which they ask the question FROM the home office clarifying what they've included: http://ukcisa.org.uk/files/pdf/working/ ... ng_psw.pdf

However remember that you must have applied BEFORE your leave to remain as a student expired.

Oliva
Newly Registered

Post by Oliva » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:18 pm

whom can i write for clarificatuion about the work? I can never rely on calling HO as different ppl answer differently. so i want to write.

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Oliva wrote:whom can i write for clarificatuion about the work? I can never rely on calling HO as different ppl answer differently. so i want to write.
I would recommend calling UKCISA. They have a number that you can call and are very helpful as they generally ask all of the same questions. They have an address to write to on their website as well. (www.ukcisa.org.uk) They've helped me out on multiple occasions throughout the year. If you do call it takes a few tries to get through as they're only open for calls from 1-4 each day.

Good luck!