ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen from Poland Embassy Islamabad

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kadsac

Schengen from Poland Embassy Islamabad

Post by kadsac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

sorry for posting it in the UK section first.

Is there anywhere i can get an official and updated copy of the ''Directive 2004/38/EC''?
I called the polish Embassy in Islamabad to ask about the schengen visa and the guy on the phone was adamant that i need to bring bank statements, Travel Tickets, employment proof, insurance etc beause i am a pakistani national. However, what i have read so far in the Directive 2004/38/EC tells me a different story i.e.

''Member States shall grant your third country family members every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure. Member States may not require family or residence visas for your family members but only entry visas. The right of entry of your third country family members is derived from their family ties with you, a Union citizen. All the Member State consular officials can ask for is their passport and a document establishing their family ties with you, such as marriage or birth certificate and proof of dependence, where applicable. Your family members cannot be asked to present documents such as travel tickets, employment certificate, pay slips, bank statements, proof of accommodation and means of subsistence or a medical certificate''

I was wondering maybe if i print out 'Directive 2004/38/EC and take it with me then it might help. The reason why i chose Polish Embassy for the schengen visa is because they take the least amount of time to process (15 days) and u don't need an appointment to submit the application, just turn up.
The other option was swedish embassy which takes 1 month but do not require any documents other then marriage cert. and passport etc.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 pm

You actually have to choose the country where you intend to stay longest or if that cannot be determined the country of first entry.

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Actually the reason why i am applyin for shcengen is to take the EU route for UK. I have been refused a UK spouse visa and instead of appealing and waiting forever we decided to use the EU route and the Directive.
Wife is 5 months pregnant and i wana be there for her and the only quickest way is to have the baby somewhere in EU where i can be with her and work at the same time.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 am

Follow the link below for the Directive itself.

Are you married?

You can only take advantage of the Singh ruling if your EU citizen spouse has been working outside of her home country. She has to have been "exercising treaty rights", before she returns to the UK to do the same.

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

yes i am married.

The plan is to move to an EU state, work there for a while and then return to UK using singh ruling. Other reason for moving to an EU state is to have the baby there as i can;t be with her if she have it in the UK.

Another question. does it really matter if i get the visa from any counrty other then one where i will be staying most of the time. e.g. get the visa from poland/finland embassy (because they have the quickest processing times) and after entering through either of these countries go live in sweden and stay there for a while until we qualify to use the singh ruling.

cheers

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Be aware that the EU citizen needs to be working or otherwise exercising treaty rights.

My take is that it does not matter too much which Schengen country issues the visa. Officially it does, but if you are there with your EU citizen spouse, it does not really matter.

Why not just apply directly to Sweedish embassy?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:59 pm

kadsac wrote:Another question. does it really matter if i get the visa from any counrty other then one where i will be staying most of the time.
Well, if you don't need a visa from them again then you can probably ignore that they may refuse to issue you another visa next time. As a family member you also shouldn't need to supply all the documents as you pointed out earlier. But will you be able to sort everything out before delivery?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:20 pm

86ti wrote:
kadsac wrote:Another question. does it really matter if i get the visa from any counrty other then one where i will be staying most of the time.
Well, if you don't need a visa from them again then you can probably ignore that they may refuse to issue you another visa next time. As a family member you also shouldn't need to supply all the documents as you pointed out earlier. But will you be able to sort everything out before delivery?
I am not really sure I believe the "they will refuse to issue you a visa next time". I realize that is the policy for people with no EU ties, but I do not see any way for them to do it with family of EU citizens who are travelling with them.

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Directive- Swedish Embassy here in islamabad takes minimum 4-8 weeks to process the visa application plus there is a lot of hassle of getting appointments etc.

86ti- fingers crossed, if we get there in a month or so hopefully we will able to sort something out. We are both university graduates with some relevant experience. i have already started applying for jobs in sweden and have got some positive response from couple of places.

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:28 am

The European Commission is of the opinion the application should be processed within four weeks (which I think is far too long).

As there is no functioning Dutch embassy in Pakistan (as far as visa are concerned) I cannot help you out there.
I could help you out if you get a Belgian refusal, but such an appeal takes about three months.

Just book a holiday trip to Rome or Prague together, or Poland as you suggest yourself.
Though it cannot be a requirement, it might work out.

Good luck.

kadsac

Post by kadsac » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:48 am

I got the schengen visa. we r traveling in the next few weeks. can anyone please explain the exact procedure for obtaining the residence permit in sweden for a non-EU spouse of an EU national. I understand that if my wife is excercising treaty rights i am allowed to work straight away. is that true and what if she is only studying there and not working?
we are basically thinking about moving to sweden. my wife is pregnant and expecting delivery start of november. It will be difficult for her to work but studying there on a short course is an option.

I am just not sure how to deal with the issue of applying for the resident/work permit as a spouse of an EU national.

Regards.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

I guess this link works for you as well....

Post by eldane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 pm

Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..