ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS+PSW only up to 2 years from date of award???

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meshu
Newly Registered

IGS+PSW only up to 2 years from date of award???

Post by meshu » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:15 am

hi :)

can anyone give me a definite answer for this:

my date of award was May 2007
my IGS was granted from outside the UK on June 2008, and on my request was valid from August 2008, so it expires August 2009.

I read in one place that converting to PSW only gives you up to two years from date of award - is this true? apparently I only need to send my passport along with my proof of funds - so apart from judging from my student visa in the same passport they would not even know my date of award.

help please....

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 pm

"Date of Award" means the date the visa was awarded, not when your degree was awarded.

And you will only get 2 years, even if you have some time remaining on your IGS, as it is a different visa class and so counted as a "new" application, and not an "extension", even though for all intents and purposes it is an extension.

I think if you are switching from IGS to PSW, you need to send the full list of documents, as it is technically application for a new visa type? Perhaps you could get away with not sending your university degree/results as they already have that on file.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:06 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:"Date of Award" means the date the visa was awarded, not when your degree was awarded.

And you will only get 2 years, even if you have some time remaining on your IGS, as it is a different visa class and so counted as a "new" application, and not an "extension", even though for all intents and purposes it is an extension.

I think if you are switching from IGS to PSW, you need to send the full list of documents, as it is technically application for a new visa type? Perhaps you could get away with not sending your university degree/results as they already have that on file.

For IGS to PSW extensions, you only need to submit your passport and your up-to-date bank statements. Since you were initially on IGS, you automatically get awarded points for your degree and institution. You only need to earn the points on maintenance.