ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - rules change ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

ILR - rules change ?

Post by enigma_rrs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 am

I have been recently hearing a lot about the ILR rules being changed to make minimum stay period from 5 years to 8 years in order to qualify. Please can someone confirm what is the truth about this and what are the updates on that front.

I have another query about ILR. Can a person be away from UK or out of work for sometime and still qualify for ILR. Also, if the ILR is successful, can the person go out of the country for a long period of time and still have ILR valid

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:21 am

There are loads of discussion about this. Citizenship bill deals with it and they are planning to change ILR requirements to 8 years. This bill will come in to effect from Dec 2010 (As of now).

According to current rule, if a person spend more than 90 days out of country continually then the time for ILR gets reset.
If you are outside UK after ILR for longer than 2 years continually then it gets void.

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:44 am

thanks, is there any official discussion or website where this can be refered from . I am sure there are loads of people who will get effected by this ?

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

OOPS sorry was thinking abt Citizenship

Pls ignore my msg!

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:35 pm

enigma_rrs wrote:thanks, is there any official discussion or website where this can be refered from . I am sure there are loads of people who will get effected by this ?
This link should give you info on what you are looking for
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32413