ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2- Degree certificate would provisional be enough?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam4you
Newly Registered

TIER 2- Degree certificate would provisional be enough?

Post by Sam4you » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Dear all

My wife has got a sponsor (NHS) and she will apply from India under Tier 2. She only has a provisonal MBBS degree certificate from India as she has not finished house surgeoncy there. But she has provisonal GMC (General Medical Council UK) registration obtained after passing plab 1 and 2.

My question now is would the lack of full degree certificate be a problem when applying under Tier 2 from India? . OR would provisonal degree + GMC registration be enough?

We have to apply from India as she is on dependent visa in UK now.

Many thanks in anticipation of help from somebody.

Sam.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 pm

I would guess she would need the full qualification but I'm not sure. However, what will her earnings be? As long as she will be earning over £24,000 she will meet the minimum earnings/qualification points requirement: can she meet the remaining points criteria without using her qualification at all?

Does your wife have a "primary medical qualification" that exists in its own right independent of her internship requirements?

driyiola
Newly Registered

Post by driyiola » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:00 am

her degree=bachelors degree=10points.
on her provisional reg, there should be a remark stating that she can work only as a FY1=supervised practice. she shouldn't have any problem as long as its FY1.

Sam4you
Newly Registered

Tier 2 qualification

Post by Sam4you » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Thanks for the replies from Kitty and driyiola.

Yes she can show earnings of more than £24k. That will be enough I think. We will also show GMC provisional registration which says she can work as FY1. so that ok.

only think we r struggling with Maintenence fund now. trying to get it certified by employer.

anyway thanks for your help.

Sam