ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice from seniors on HSMP Extension (self Employed)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BitMore
Newly Registered

Need Advice from seniors on HSMP Extension (self Employed)

Post by BitMore » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Hi,
I need urgent advice on this, the scenario is

I am going to apply for my HSMP extension and I am working in a company. I am also a self employed from last 10 months. My accountant said he cannot submit the accounts because it’s not a full year yet. So for the extension purpose he gave me a letter, in his letter he said.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We write on behalf of our above named client for whom we act as accountants and financial advisers.

[MY NAME] is employed by [My Company Name], and his gross income from this employment is [My Total Salary] for the twelve months to June 2009.

[MY NAME] is also self-employed as a website maintenance and developer, and his gross income from this source is [Total Gross earning from self employment] for the period to June 2009. In the absence of completed accounts we are able to estimate his net income to be [Total Net Income from Self Employment]

We hope the above is of assistance but should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact our office.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Could anyone please give me recommendation, that this letter will be enough from my accountant? Does he need to mention anything else? As its been not full year for my self employment, I cannot show the full accounts.

With that I am providing bank statements which show a regular income from both sources (employer and self employment).

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Draft accounts can be prepared for any period (even for a sinle month).

Your accountant may not be competative enough.. Say him to prepare income and expense statement for the said period.

BitMore
Newly Registered

Post by BitMore » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Draft accounts can be prepared for any period (even for a sinle month).

Your accountant may not be competative enough.. Say him to prepare income and expense statement for the said period.
I have very short time left and must need to send my document on Monday and I cannot see that my accountant can make this letter in this short time.

If I submit my document with

Same letter (as I mention above) from my Accountant
A letter from my Client (saying in each month how much he paid to me)
National Insurance Contribution Bills

Will they accept my documents or…..

Please advice, as I said it’s very hard to get a letter from him in such a short time.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:44 pm

BitMore wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:Draft accounts can be prepared for any period (even for a sinle month).

I have very short time left and must need to send my document on Monday and I cannot see that my accountant can make this letter in this short time.

If I submit my document with

Same letter (as I mention above) from my Accountant
A letter from my Client (saying in each month how much he paid to me)
National Insurance Contribution Bills

Will they accept my documents or…..

Please advice, as I said it’s very hard to get a letter from him in such a short time.
Atleast include monthly breakdown of the Gross/Net Salary from your accountant.This will support your bank statement.

I think you would need:

1. Letter from accountant saying you are paid X(Gross) and Y (Net) amount each month. If your accountant can generate payslips for you thatn would be great. But payslip is again depends on how you run your company.

2. Bank Statement(Personal) to prove that you have received Y (Net) salary from Employer(your company)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:14 am

let accountants do drafting job as required by HO

and most of accountants have their own formats which meet the requirement.

BitMore
Newly Registered

Post by BitMore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:35 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:let accountants do drafting job as required by HO

and most of accountants have their own formats which meet the requirement.
As i mentioned above, i have to send my documents on monday and i am 100% sure my account will not create it by monday.

SO IF I SEND MY DOCUMENTS AS IT IS, WHAT IS THE CHANCE OF REJECTION. PLEASE ADVISE.

Note: I have a letter from my Client where he mention monthly payment he made to me each month.