ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dilemma-appeal allowed but how do i send passport toget visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

risk99
Newly Registered

Dilemma-appeal allowed but how do i send passport toget visa

Post by risk99 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:47 am

I studied ACCA and graduated in Oct 08.
I applied PSW in Jan 09 and it got rejected bi HO on grounds that it was a professional course.
I appealed and tribunal judge took only 15 mins to allow the appeal, although she did send the news by letter
Now in the letter it says either parties can appeal on grounds that the letter of law was applied incorrectly,
will the HO appeal further or will they ask me to bring the passport to get the visa stamped?
My main concern id since i got the good news i booked tickets for our honeymoon after our marriage in mid june.
Do any of you think i will get my visa stamped before then or will the HO appeal
Mind you if they did appeal they would have 5 working days to do so, and its been 8, do you think my solicitor would have heard from them that they (HO) are appealing?

Thanks in advance for all those willing to advice me in this matter

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Dilemma-appeal allowed but how do i send passport toget

Post by jack199 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:43 am

Hi there

You will have to wait a minimum of 4 weeks before you get the passport call in letter and then further 3 - 4 weeks to get it back. Its a long procedure, i am in the same kind of situation i have been waiting for the HO call in letter for the last 4 weeks but still no joy!!!! so HO is taking its time to clear the backlog i dont know how long its gona take for my case but yes i dont think it was a wise decision to book tickets for holidays when u didn't know the timescale to get the visa stamped after appeal!!

Its a long wait

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat May 23, 2009 4:17 pm

risk99 wrote:I studied ACCA and graduated in Oct 08.
I applied PSW in Jan 09 and it got rejected bi HO on grounds that it was a professional course.
I appealed and tribunal judge took only 15 mins to allow the appeal, although she did send the news by letter
Now in the letter it says either parties can appeal on grounds that the letter of law was applied incorrectly,
will the HO appeal further or will they ask me to bring the passport to get the visa stamped?
My main concern id since i got the good news i booked tickets for our honeymoon after our marriage in mid june.
Do any of you think i will get my visa stamped before then or will the HO appeal
Mind you if they did appeal they would have 5 working days to do so, and its been 8, do you think my solicitor would have heard from them that they (HO) are appealing?

Thanks in advance for all those willing to advice me in this matter
I doubt you'll get your visa by mid june. See if you can get a refund or move your trip till much later in the year. It will take at least 8 weeks between now to receive the letter and for them to endorse your visa on your passport. All the best.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:28 pm

This is a million doller question now!!!

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm

WHEN WHEN WHEN!!! ANY IDEA

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 am

Guys i am waiting fro the HO call in letter for the last 2 months, any idea what should i do next! At the minute i can not do anything.....

nov13eek25
Newly Registered

appeal allowed but still waiting for 10 weeks now

Post by nov13eek25 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Hey all

i got my appeal allowed on 23rd of April 2009 but haven't got the call in letter from the home office. it's been 10 weeks now. today, i got a letter from home office saying that they are working on my grant status. they received my file on 5th of june. anybody know how long it could take? thanks!

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: appeal allowed but still waiting for 10 weeks now

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am

nov13eek25 wrote:Hey all

i got my appeal allowed on 23rd of April 2009 but haven't got the call in letter from the home office. it's been 10 weeks now. today, i got a letter from home office saying that they are working on my grant status. they received my file on 5th of june. anybody know how long it could take? thanks!
Did you use a solicitor or did you apply for yourself?

matttam027
Newly Registered

Post by matttam027 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:58 pm

i can help you guys to sspeed up to get a visa after you appeal is allowed. if you need help please PM me coz i will get a letter out to home office from my law firm.

Matt

macleefernandes
Newly Registered

Post by macleefernandes » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Mate,

Join the club. I have taken up an unpaid volunteering role, as I am in exactly in the same situation as you.

Life sucks man.

God bless

M