ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 pm

irishwannabe wrote:Guys, i just don't see the point wanting to ring every single Tuesday and Thursday and clogging up the lines for people in real need to speak to the immigration officers.

You're just winding yourselves up here.

You know when you've submitted your application and additional information and roughly knows how long it takes from then onwards. I thinks it's quite clear from this forum that:

1. Additional info is now requested from people who submitted late 2007
2. It takes approx. 6 months from the date of submitting additional information before an answer is given.

Leave the phones free for people in real need, like those submitted earlier and not received any word or additional information requests.

BTW. I doubt the immigration office is going to deal with your application any quicker the more you ring.
I have to agree with you on this one.I gave up calling now,just sitting back and wait for that letter.But saying that,its just human for being eager to get that answer.Not everybody can just sit back,relax and wait.All of us has been here,living for that DAY you get your citizenship. :wink:

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

irishwannabe wrote:Guys, i just don't see the point wanting to ring every single Tuesday and Thursday and clogging up the lines for people in real need to speak to the immigration officers.

You're just winding yourselves up here.

You know when you've submitted your application and additional information and roughly knows how long it takes from then onwards. I thinks it's quite clear from this forum that:

1. Additional info is now requested from people who submitted late 2007
2. It takes approx. 6 months from the date of submitting additional information before an answer is given.

Leave the phones free for people in real need, like those submitted earlier and not received any word or additional information requests.

BTW. I doubt the immigration office is going to deal with your application any quicker the more you ring.
I agree that it isnt necessary to phone every week, however as you have stated it takes approximatly six months from when you send additional documents. There are loads of us who sent those additional documents back in 2006 and are still waiting for answers. Youre 2 points have no validation as you can see from scrudus spreadsheet that youre timeframes are totally inacurate.
At the moment its a total lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSE

Post by HSE » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 pm

agree with jhbmike, there is no set criteria wat so ever. regardless what job background and how good were, tax paying wise or law n order wise. no1 knows who will get it first or later. for me it was nov 2005. ask for more info in jun 08 and awaiting garda clearance since sept 08 LOL. Still smiling though. .... :)

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 pm

HSE wrote:agree with jhbmike, there is no set criteria wat so ever. regardless what job background and how good were, tax paying wise or law n order wise. no1 knows who will get it first or later. for me it was nov 2005. ask for more info in jun 08 and awaiting garda clearance since sept 08 LOL. Still smiling though. .... :)
November 2005!? :shock:

:shock:

Have. No. Words. At all.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Totally Agree,

As the website says that it takes average 23 months to process, its not wise who applied in 2nd half of 2007 calling and blocking the phone lines every tue and thu. this is not to offend anyone.

but there are people who applied in 2005, 2006 and early 2007 waiting to hear from the dept.

BDSK

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:16 am

I agree that it isnt necessary to phone every week, however as you have stated it takes approximatly six months from when you send additional documents. There are loads of us who sent those additional documents back in 2006 and are still waiting for answers. Youre 2 points have no validation as you can see from scrudus spreadsheet that youre timeframes are totally inacurate.

No need to get on your high horse mate, I did say:

I think the time frames are true for people submitted 2007 onwards, but clearly not for people who submitted prior 2007 - this is quite clear from this forum and scrudus spreadsheet.
The remark re phoning the immigration office was merely aimed at people who submitted in 2007 and onwards.

Maybe read the post thoroughly next time before jumping on the horse :roll:

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 am

irishwannabe wrote:

No need to get on your high horse mate, I did say:

I think the time frames are true for people submitted 2007 onwards, but clearly not for people who submitted prior 2007 - this is quite clear from this forum and scrudus spreadsheet.
The remark re phoning the immigration office was merely aimed at people who submitted in 2007 and onwards.

Maybe read the post thoroughly next time before jumping on the horse :roll:
Then you need to be more accurate when you post. By the way I wasnt having a go, im just fed up with all this waiting, bloody ridiculous.

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am

I know man, we're all fed up with the situation, particularly you guys who have been waiting so long, which is why I think the phonelines should be kept open for the likes of yourself.
Good Luck!

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:47 pm

sideshowsue wrote:
HSE wrote:agree with jhbmike, there is no set criteria wat so ever. regardless what job background and how good were, tax paying wise or law n order wise. no1 knows who will get it first or later. for me it was nov 2005. ask for more info in jun 08 and awaiting garda clearance since sept 08 LOL. Still smiling though. .... :)
November 2005!? :shock:

Have. No. Words. At all.

I'm not quiet surprised, i've applied in Dec 2005 and there is no clue either :twisted:

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm not quiet surprised, i've applied in Dec 2005 and there is no clue either
The service is totally shambolic. Disgraceful, really. Hope you hear very soon.

nicepecsigot

hmmm

Post by nicepecsigot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:31 pm

yipeee i got my letter saying ive got my LTR approve.great news !!! only thing is im irish citizen since last year .are they mental

IrelandHopeful

Re: hmmm

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:57 am

nicepecsigot wrote:yipeee i got my letter saying ive got my LTR approve.great news !!! only thing is im irish citizen since last year .are they mental
Yep, I think so.
I'm so glad I'm out of the frustrating wait now.

HOTSPURS

Re: hmmm

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:32 am

nicepecsigot wrote:yipeee i got my letter saying ive got my LTR approve.great news !!! only thing is im irish citizen since last year .are they mental
Remember - approving Naturalization applications fetches 950 euros whereas approving LTR isn't worth a penny. The longer it takes for LTR, the longer we pay GNIB / multiple entry visa fees unless we win the Naturalization lottery . So, they're not the lunatics but sadly we are !

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:05 am

I've been waiting on the line for more than 1 hour. I am not suprised that the country is at his knees with services like this. We need change.

The lady was nice and polite on the phone. My files are at this level:WFOA.

Whoever heads this department needs to change the quality of service. It looks bad on them and relays incomptence from top down.

I hope the minister reads this as it clearly look bad on his department and ultimately his judgement.

The civil servants cannot do much if they don't have the right tools and resource to deal the volume of calls and files they need to process.

The situation has become impossible to the point of implosion. We need change.

Nana

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Nanette, this delay seems to be coming from the ministers office, see my previous post: Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: "apparent policy of deferring for 12 months a final decision on some applications to ascertain whether the applicants remain in employment during that time." - 04/06/09 - ICI News Bulletin - Issue 44

BTW. ringing every Tuesday & Thursday is not going to speed up your application, you know where you are in the queue.... (you'll drive yourself mad)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks Irishwannabe.

Well if this is the minister's decision then we should really beg to question his judgment in serving equal justice to everyone coming from every conner of this great land.

So people that have contributed to this society and made redundant to no fault of their own cannot qualify to be Irish ??

Whether that person is Irish or not is still in legality in claiming the dole because he or she has contributed to the PRSI and paid tax.
How naive is this in part of the authorities ?

Instead of lifting people out of the DOLE when especially their only excuse of claiming the DOLE is of having produced Irish babies, and yet the minister would give these people citizenship.....Why ???

This is not an attack to foreigners that have Irish babies but more to show how out of touch this minister has become. People that contributed or still contribute actively to the economy should be looked after first.

The Government tend to change things quickly without putting a bit of brain to it first...They need to consult and review before implementing change.
Another example of this was shown with the mini budget, the government needed 4 billions euros to close the books and 3 months after that senior civil servants on TV and news are now talking about 7 billions....HOW ???

There is no accountability and for the minister it is business as usual...

I suffer no illusion to think that this recession will continue to spread like cancer in this country long after it has been contained or reversed on other EU countries.....IF THE GOVERNMENT MINDSET DOES NOT CHANGE.

We need change.

Nana (A proud tax payer since 1999)
Last edited by nanette on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:21 pm

nanette wrote:Thanks Irishwannabe.

Well if this is the minister's decision then we should really beg to question his judgment in serving equal justice to everyone coming from every conner of this great land.

So people that have contributed to this society and made redundant to no fault of their own cannot qualify to be Irish ??

Whether that person is Irish or not is still in legality in claiming the dole because he or she has contributed to the PRSI and paid tax.
How naive is this in part of the authorities ?

Instead of lifting people out of the DOLE when especially their only excuse of claiming the DOLE is of having produced Irish babies, and yet the minister would give these people citizenship.....Why ???

This is not an attack to foreigners that have Irish babies but more to show how out of touch this minister has become. People that contributed or still contribute actively to the economy should be looked after first.

The Government tend to change things quickly without putting a bit brain to it first...They need to consult and review before implementing change.
Another example of this was shown with the mini budget, the government needed 4 billions euros to close the books and 3 months after that senior civil servants on TV and news are now talking about 7 billions....HOW ???

There is no accountability and for the minister it is business as usual...

I suffer no illusion to think that this recession will continue to spread like cancer in this country long after it has been contained or reversed on other EU countries.....IF THE GOVERNMENT MINDSET DOES NOT CHANGE.

We need change.

Nana (A proud tax payer since 1999)
you know what? because u must be legal and paid taxes. they dont like it. you have to be illegal and not pay taaxes, than you might have a better chance to get a passport. haha

pretty much they are ignoring people actually contributed to the society in ireland. the foreigners in ireland worked and paid taxes. suddenly they are no good because they lost their job with no fault of their own. the illegal irish abroad been asking US government pardon them. the illegal irish contributed to US so much but they just illegal. so much for the hard working irish huh??

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Actually, when you think about (and I doubt that the government has), if someone is unemployed that should be more reason to grant naturalisation. It sounds strange I know, but...

If an unemployed person is refused s/he will probably go directly to SW and sign up for the dole, whereas...
If s/he is approved they might just leave the country (which is a stated aim/wish of the government) in search of work elsewhere in the EU.

Discuss... (as they say in exams)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:25 pm

frustrated13 wrote:Actually, when you think about (and I doubt that the government has), if someone is unemployed that should be more reason to grant naturalisation. It sounds strange I know, but...

If an unemployed person is refused s/he will probably go directly to SW and sign up for the dole, whereas...
If s/he is approved they might just leave the country (which is a stated aim/wish of the government) in search of work elsewhere in the EU.

Discuss... (as they say in exams)
Alternatively the person could become a burden on public resource in Ireland.The argument is not that clear cut . To become a citizen of another is a right, which exists even after you have left the country

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 pm

nicepecsigot

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 pm Post subject: hmmm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yipeee i got my letter saying ive got my LTR approve.great news !!! only thing is im irish citizen since last year .are they mental

could you please tell me when did you apply for your LTR,they claim to process application from end Sept.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 pm

I applied both my residency n naturalization feb 14,2007.if I remember it right I got letter oct 07 from ltr askin for police clearance then of course I requested one from my country of origin . Never heard from them and. Then nov I recieved letter from naturalization that it's approve had my oath takin dec 08 got my passport Jan 11,09.few days back the letter said I got my long term residency approve just odd since I'm Irish citizen since last year

asrpb

My loooooooooooooong journey to Ireland

Post by asrpb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Hello All,

I called in @ 1000hrs (spot-on) today, waited for 10 mins and got through a nice lady who told me that my file has been opened and they are looking into it.
Bit strange as I applied for citizenship only in APR 2008 and looking at posts on this forum, many people who applied back in 2006 are still waiting :shock:

BTW I did sent additional documents like P21, Birth Affidavit earlier this year in before they could even ask me for the same. Also the lady on phone did confirm that they did receive my documents & don't need anything else :? Don't know if I can believe them ?

My question to you guys ......

How long does it take for decision after they open your file ?

HOTSPURS

Re: My loooooooooooooong journey to Ireland

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 am

asrpb wrote:Hello All,

I called in @ 1000hrs (spot-on) today, waited for 10 mins and got through a nice lady who told me that my file has been opened and they are looking into it.
Bit strange as I applied for citizenship only in APR 2008 and looking at posts on this forum, many people who applied back in 2006 are still waiting :shock:

BTW I did sent additional documents like P21, Birth Affidavit earlier this year in before they could even ask me for the same. Also the lady on phone did confirm that they did receive my documents & don't need anything else :? Don't know if I can believe them ?

My question to you guys ......

How long does it take for decision after they open your file ?
That's cool asrpb. Keep us updated. I did the samething as you - sent additional docs earlier this year before they asked. If you're lucky, you could get approval in 6 months if it's true that further processing has started for yourselves.. But I wouldn't believe them when they say 'looking into it' - they'll keep looking & do nothing but drink tea.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Might give them a buzz next week just to see if their answers match or not ?
will keep you posted.

TRV

Post by TRV » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm

looking in to it - meaning - we are thinking of opening your application envelope in the near future...