ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fraudsters flew in to claim dole payments

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ciaramc

Fraudsters flew in to claim dole payments

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 am

Have a read of this article!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 01725.html

It is articles like this that turn Irish people against non-nationals! I swear every time I go home lately people are talking about foreigners this and foreigners that!

In a first trawl of suspected benefit fraudsters, 776 non-national cases were examined, of which 76 were found to be permanently living outside of the State.

Officials were so alarmed they ordered residency checks on a further 3,665 non-nationals, and found that 403 (11pc) of these were living outside the State and flying in once a month to collect their benefit.

The vast majority of the claimants were from Eastern European countries. = Eu nationals!! That have probably been wotking and paying tax in Ireland?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:42 am

It doesnt matter if they are EU or non-EU. Social benefit in any country is meant for people who are resident in that country. It is fraud to claim in one country and live in another. This would be the same if it related to an Irish person claiming dole in Ireland and living elsewhere.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 am

I find it quite insulting especially in these difficult times.

We have to remember that the papers tends to use these sensational headlines when it is linked to Foreigners than nationals as it increases there sales.

People in Northern Ireland who have never worked in the republic, using their mates addresses in the republic and claiming unemployment benefit, because of the better rate in the south are equally fraudulent.

We have to be open minded about these things. Whoever the perpetrators are, the act is disgusting at the highest level.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:02 am

I know but the papers seem to only highlight the non-Irish!! tHat's what drives me crazy....there are hundreds if not thousands who abuse the system and are fraudsters......and most of them are Irish!

I swear it is articles like this that promote dearly beloved attacks...etc.....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 am

The papers are highly irresponsible, and don't think about the consequence of their actions. Try not to get worked up by their sensational headlines.

Remember there are over 400,000 dole claimant in the state and about 15,000 fraudulent claims and investigation.

Using about 750 non-nationals and drawing conclusion certainly paints a misleading and sensational pictures, which is their ultimate aim.

Even though this number is a drop in the ocean, it still is unacceptable.

Keep an open mind about these reports and educate people who might be irritated by it about it misleading aspect.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:28 pm

there are people who are doing businesses and taking dole as well. they use someone else name for business..this is a shame..

MAKUSA
BANNED

What goes around comes around

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:21 pm

The Irish(Republic) did a lot of benefit fraud in the UK as in multiple claimants getting birth certificates from the Irish register and claiming on behalf of people who had never lived in the UK. So they need to quit moaning and get the system sorted.