ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(general) dependant document checklist

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Tier1(general) dependant document checklist

Post by varghesejim » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 am

Hello Fellow members,

I am a tier1 visa holder and leaving to UK by june 27.Though we thought of applying for my wife after I reach UK, we later decided to go ahead and apply when I am in India to make things simpler for my wife.So we are going to apply tomorrow(from bangalore).Please validate the document checklist.

VAF10 duly filled

1. Identity

• Passport

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Marriage Photos
• Marriage Invitation Card

3. Main Applicant Details

• Copy of Passport and Visa of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds

• Official bank statement from me(main applicant), from Standard chartered Bank with account no. xxxxx, covering a period from 01 Feb 2009 to 02 June 2009. This includes the claim period of three months.

• A letter from bank stating that Mr. XXXXXX (the main applicant) has been maintaining a minimum balance in the account since 01/01/2009 till 02/06/09 is never below INR xxxx

Also, I have the following queries

1)My bank statements are older than 7 days.I understand now we need to show statements newer than a month.Is that correct?
2)I have seen in some threads that we need to put 15 months statements for maintanence.I dont understand the need, is it required?
3)Do I need to submit any letter from my(main applicant) side to support the depandant application?
4)What about the following questions in the application?Is it OK to put NA for all these?
7.13 If the main applicant is living in the UK what permission do they
have to stay there?
7.14 What job or course of study is the main applicant doing in
the UK?
7.16 Name and address of the company or place of study, including the
postal code
7.17 Name and telephone number of main contact in the company or
place of study, including area code
7.18 When did/will the main applicant’s job or course of study begin?
7.19 When is the job or course of study expected to finish?

Please provide your valuable inputs.Thanks for your time.

Jimmy

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1(general) dependant document checklist

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am

1)My bank statements are older than 7 days.I understand now we need to show statements newer than a month.Is that correct?

THe rules have been changed in Dec 08.. you should now have latest bank statement not more than 1month old... it shd fall in 1month before ur apply

2)I have seen in some threads that we need to put 15 months statements for maintanence.I dont understand the need, is it required?

Not required... 3months is more than enough

3)Do I need to submit any letter from my(main applicant) side to support the depandant application?

YES, you should enclose a covering letter on your behalf that they are ur dependents and have to join you.. and you will take care of their full expenses and other things... etc (Check for proper covering letter on this board)

4)What about the following questions in the application?Is it OK to put NA for all these? -

I think so... Please check with others.. will leave to ppl who applied in ur circumstances...

have to stay there?
the UK?
postal code

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1(general) dependant document checklist

Post by dima » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:13 pm

varghesejim wrote:Hello Fellow members,

I am a tier1 visa holder and leaving to UK by june 27.Though we thought of applying for my wife after I reach UK, we later decided to go ahead and apply when I am in India to make things simpler for my wife.So we are going to apply tomorrow(from bangalore).Please validate the document checklist.

VAF10 duly filled

1. Identity

• Passport

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Marriage Photos
• Marriage Invitation Card

3. Main Applicant Details

• Copy of Passport and Visa of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds

• Official bank statement from me(main applicant), from Standard chartered Bank with account no. xxxxx, covering a period from 01 Feb 2009 to 02 June 2009. This includes the claim period of three months.

• A letter from bank stating that Mr. XXXXXX (the main applicant) has been maintaining a minimum balance in the account since 01/01/2009 till 02/06/09 is never below INR xxxx

Also, I have the following queries

4)What about the following questions in the application?Is it OK to put NA for all these?
have to stay there?
the UK?
postal code

Please provide your valuable inputs.Thanks for your time.

Jimmy
yes, You can put N/A to all the Q s from 7.13 to 7.19 as u are still India.
Also, u show up 2800+1600( ur self + dependent). only the dependent 1600 GBP can be of 3 months old , u rs 2800 can be cumulative as u already have visa.i.e u show up 4400 GBP in u r passbook.
I hope u are taking care of this point.
Also, No need to show any accomodation proof in the UK, as u r still in India.
I hope it helps you. :P good luck.

I guess I am correct seniors...

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi I will go with the above answers as well,as tvn_ramesh said i would suggest you to listen to the answers whose case ( for the questions from 7)is similar to yours whose been applying while being in india...anyone please do provide your feedbacks..

just addition to that i would stress you to provide your sponsor letter (as said by tvn_ramesh) explaining that you will be supporting your dependants and if your doubtful with anything you can still include the relevant details in the sponsoring letter which will definitely make your application quicker.....

Good luck ..dont worry you will be fine....

Max75
Newly Registered

Post by Max75 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks for all the information so far, useful for me too - I am UK based and my fiancée is in India.

In this regard, I plan to have a registered marriage a little before my reception and other functions so that I can sort out the dependent visa out early. A few questions here:

1. In such a case I will not have marriage photos? Is that ok?
2. Meanwhile some people mention accommodation proof. Is this necessary?

Regards

Max

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

Max75 wrote: 1. In such a case I will not have marriage photos? Is that ok?
It should be Ok as long as you have the proper Marriage Certificate... May be you can also get some snaps along with your friends and family members when you go for the register marriage... just make sure.. you have different ppl in the snaps.. (call them as Register marriage Photos...) if they accept the Registered Marriage Certificate than RMPhotos shd also be fine...

Guys with better ideas pls chip in...
2. Meanwhile some people mention accommodation proof. Is this necessary?
"I think" evidences like accomidation, utility bills, phone... bank statements are very necessary...

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks Guys for your help.

However I have a clarification here.Please see the paragraph 194 of the immigration rules from UKBA site.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/

point number 3

(iii) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively

Does that mean no matter from where you apply you need to show the accomodation proof?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:57 am

varghesejim wrote:Thanks Guys for your help.

However I have a clarification here.Please see the paragraph 194 of the immigration rules from UKBA site.

point number 3

(iii) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively

Does that mean no matter from where you apply you need to show the accomodation proof?
No need of accomodation proof , if u are still India and do not have any job in UK.
If, main applicxant live in UK with a job then need to show up accomodation proof.
The answer N/a all the question 7.13 to 7.19 itself shows that U dont currently live in UK and do not have any Job in the UK.

arajkumar82

Sample Dependent Covering letter

Post by arajkumar82 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi All,

can you please provide a tier1 general dependent covering letter .. My friend is on HSMP in UK. he wants to apply dependant for his wife who is in India.

I would be very thank full if anyone provide me a sample dependent covering letter.

my email id is arajkumar82@gmail.com

Thanks
Raj

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 am

tvn_ramesh, dima, sabeekj,

Thanks guys for your help. My dependant application was successful.We were a bit worried because the VFS guys asked for the payslips and my wife provided the payslips in her folder which I used for my application, and that was older than 2 months.However, everything went well.

Thanks again for the people here.This forum is really nice.

dima wrote:

point number 3

No need of accomodation proof , if u are still India and do not have any job in UK.
If, main applicxant live in UK with a job then need to show up accomodation proof.
The answer N/a all the question 7.13 to 7.19 itself shows that U dont currently live in UK and do not have any Job in the UK.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 am

Congrats Varghese.... Good to hear that... cheers
varghesejim wrote:tvn_ramesh, dima, sabeekj,

Thanks guys for your help. My dependant application was successful.We were a bit worried because the VFS guys asked for the payslips and my wife provided the payslips in her folder which I used for my application, and that was older than 2 months.However, everything went well.

dima wrote:

point number 3

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi,

Congrats.

One of my friend already got the HSMP visa and still in India , now wants to apply for dependent visa like you. How much maintenance fund to show? Is it only GBP1600 for 3 months. Am i right? or As the main applicant still in India, should he show his fund of GBP 2800 as well.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

varghesejim wrote:tvn_ramesh, dima, sabeekj,

dima wrote:

point number 3