ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds - Do they need to be in Student's personal account

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umair_munir
Newly Registered

Funds - Do they need to be in Student's personal account

Post by umair_munir » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:07 pm

My sister needs to apply for a Tier 4 shortly. Myself and my parents are paying for the studies.

Does the money for the course + maintenance need to be in her personal account or can that be in my parents account.

Thanks.

Moza
Newly Registered

Re: Funds - Do they need to be in Student's personal account

Post by Moza » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:59 pm

umair_munir wrote:My sister needs to apply for a Tier 4 shortly. Myself and my parents are paying for the studies.

Does the money for the course + maintenance need to be in her personal account or can that be in my parents account.

Thanks.
If she is applying as adult student, then her name should be appeared on bank statement. Means, it could be personal account or joint account with parents.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 am

Hi

According to rule change now you can show your parents bank statement as proofs of funds.

UK_Banned_Member

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 am

umair_munir wrote:My sister needs to apply for a Tier 4 shortly. Myself and my parents are paying for the studies.

Thanks.
From 20th August 2009 and on, students can use their parent's accounts to show they can meet the funding requirements of visa application.

Karmacoma
Newly Registered

Post by Karmacoma » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm

can they use sister's do you know, please?

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Karmacoma wrote:can they use sister's do you know, please?
The application requirement is quite straight forward, it should either be in applicant's account or his parents'... No siblings or other relatives.

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi ImmigrationUK2009,

As you are saying that rule has been changed and now moneyshould be shown in parents account . Can you please tell us which date is rule changed? Now account is not required in applicant his own account. Please advice.
Thanks

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

khokhar80 wrote:Hi ImmigrationUK2009,

As you are saying that rule has been changed and now money should be shown in parents account . Can you please tell us which date is rule changed? Now account is not required in applicant his own account. Please advice.
Thanks
HI

NO.You can either use your personal account or your parents can be your sponsor and they can give their account statements.This rule is for application made after 26 August2009.

Sister can not be sponsor.

UK_Banned_Member