ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What benefits can be claimed after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

What benefits can be claimed after ILR

Post by chaudhrei » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi there,
I know this question is asked many times but I could not find any thread by search that is why I am asking,
I recently got ILR which is backdated to sept 2008. I was on HSMP.I have three kids and wife who does not work(taking care of kids is enough hassle).
What benefit I can claim, any contacts to apply would be appreciated.
Thanks

meats
BANNED

Re: What benefits can be claimed after ILR

Post by meats » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 pm

chaudhrei wrote:Hi there,
I know this question is asked many times but I could not find any thread by search that is why I am asking,
I recently got ILR which is backdated to sept 2008. I was on HSMP.I have three kids and wife who does not work(taking care of kids is enough hassle).
What benefit I can claim, any contacts to apply would be appreciated.
Thanks
Speak to your council and see what you can claim.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 am

Child benefit is not a benefit, it is an entitlement of every child who meets the requirement. As you have acquired ILR, you will be entitled to child benefit for your children.

If your income is below certain level, you can qualify for family tax credit.

I must advise you to be cautious with claiming public funds, as it might have an effect on you ability to secure citizenship

lboro

Post by lboro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Obie wrote: I must advise you to be cautious with claiming public funds, as it might have an effect on you ability to secure citizenship
Once you get ILR you are then entitled to public funds. As long as your claims are genuine and no deception, it will not affect your citizenship application. So please go ahead and claims everything you are entitled without fear!!