ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Review Result

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukindia
Newly Registered

First Review Result

Post by ukindia » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Any one who has received the reply from HSMP please give ur views

I applied for 1 review on 16/8 /05 and received mail from HSMP today that the decision has been taken and it has been sent to me by airmail and will reach upto 12 weeks time

I dont know how it takes 12 weeks to reach mumbai?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:24 pm

12 weeks? That is when they use their backup method ... pigeon post! And when the pigeon gets a bit lost!

Only joking! 8)

Seriously, they will undoubtedly use air mail rather than surface mail. So it should be there quite a bit earlier than 12 weeks.
John

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:51 pm

You can call them and ask for the decision. They usually tell it on the phone.

Good luck, I hope you receive good news!

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:32 pm

ukindia- Ive got news too on my appeal- decision made on the 9th of September after being sent in on the 23rd of August. They informed my via email today after my query yesterday to status. Interestingly it was CCd to two other people. Did that happen to you? They said 2-3 weeks for postage, but this is the US, so I should get it by Monday, if not today.

Good luck!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:29 am

12 weeks only is the longest period.
should be arrived you in this period. good luck! :wink:

ukindia
Newly Registered

review result

Post by ukindia » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Hi

yes it is upto 12 weeks

But if it takes even 8 weeks than we loose our chance for second review .

as the date on the letter is counted by HSMP and not when we receive it

Any one received any review reply or any one who has been successful in first review as I have a feeling that they donot approve reviews .They donot have interest in even reading our appeal letters .

Any comments ?

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:02 pm

I believe that you can appeal outside of the 28 day time period if there is a reason for the delay- in your instance it would be the mail.

And yes, some people do get it on appeal, but of course it all depends on how strong your appeal is. If you are appealing something on their mistake where they didnt follow their own caseworker manual, then I think one would have a good shot. If you aree appealing something that could be construed as a mistake on your end, especially the work experience letters, then that could be a bit trickier.

ukindia
Newly Registered

Post by ukindia » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:12 pm

I received reply today

Got rejected again the letter says that regarding work experience"
the scoring areas of hsmp have strict requirements in respect ofthe documentry evidence which must be provided for the award of points "

I have received total 50 points and the problem is 15 points in work exp

I have total 12+years work eperience where present 6+years senior level which they have accepted

but the letter given by my previous employer for 3 years graduate level exp where it is clearly mentioned the date of job , position and overall duties and achievement on letterhead paper is not accepted

and the previous to that 3 years exp as self employed where I have given membership card of association in my name, partnership agreement where I am 50% working partner and audit report is not accepted by them

please suggest what to to go for 2 nd review or paid one

if any one can pls help me by sending format of employers letter which is accepted by hsmp i will be highly obliged

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:39 am

ukindia,

Sorry to hear about your case.

(1) How many points did you claim for work experience, and how many points did they award to you?

(2) How did you know that you did not get points for the last 3 years experience (for which you provided evidence on the letter head)?

ukindia
Newly Registered

Post by ukindia » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 am

Hi
I got 35 points for w exp needed 50 points they have approved 6 yrs as senior level exp in letter but 4 yrs graduate level they want more evidence