ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa for Child born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa for Child born in UK

Post by amitagar989 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 am

Dear All:

I am looking for file a dependant visa for my child who was recently born in UK. I am currently on HSMP Visa and my Visa expires on 2nd Jan 2010...My wife and my kid (newly born) are both currently in UK and would like to file for dependant visa (just for my child) from UK itself.

While filling the form, I have some clarification and would greatly appreciate if you could help me clear those points.
1. B11 - Where will I get Home Office Reference Number?
2. B14 - Where will I get Points Based System Migrant reference number?
3. C10 - What is this Dependants Identity Card for Foreign Nationals...I dont think I have one or even heard about it before.
4. D4 - Reference number on the Visa - I can see two numbers on my Visa, not sure which one to use.
5. D5 - Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable - Not sure how to answer this. My child is born here in UK with no Visa.
6. D6 - At which port did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in London - How shall I answer this
7. D7 - How did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in UK - Did not arrive by any mode.
8. D8 - Give the details of the journey - No Journey
9. D9 - Purpose
10. D11 - Dependant's current immigration status
11. D12 - When does the dependant's current leave expire - Again no idea about this.
12. F6 - PBS Migrant reference number
13. H2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the PBS has been successful?
14. H4 - Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document? - I am currently on HSMP Visa..But still dont know what to mark here
15. H5 - Is the main applicant making an application as a) Initial application b) extension of leave c) result of change of employment - Main applicant is not making the application - This is just for dependant. What shall I write here
16. J4 - What is meant by letter from A-rated sponsor - Main applicant is going to give a sponsorship letter. Isn't that going to be enough?

I know it is long but I will highly appreciate if i can get answers to all my above queries.

Regards
Amit

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Visa for Child born in UK

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:19 am

amitagar989 wrote:Dear All:

I am looking for file a dependant visa for my child who was recently born in UK. I am currently on HSMP Visa and my Visa expires on 2nd Jan 2010...My wife and my kid (newly born) are both currently in UK and would like to file for dependant visa (just for my child) from UK itself.

While filling the form, I have some clarification and would greatly appreciate if you could help me clear those points.
3. C10 - What is this Dependants Identity Card for Foreign Nationals...I dont think I have one or even heard about it before.
4. D4 - Reference number on the Visa - I can see two numbers on my Visa, not sure which one to use.
5. D5 - Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable - Not sure how to answer this. My child is born here in UK with no Visa.
6. D6 - At which port did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in London - How shall I answer this
7. D7 - How did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in UK - Did not arrive by any mode.
9. D9 - Purpose
11. D12 - When does the dependant's current leave expire - Again no idea about this.
13. H2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the PBS has been successful?
14. H4 - Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document? - I am currently on HSMP Visa..But still dont know what to mark here
15. H5 - Is the main applicant making an application as a) Initial application b) extension of leave c) result of change of employment - Main applicant is not making the application - This is just for dependant. What shall I write here
16. J4 - What is meant by letter from A-rated sponsor - Main applicant is going to give a sponsorship letter. Isn't that going to be enough?

I know it is long but I will highly appreciate if i can get answers to all my above queries.

Regards
Amit
As you mentioned in your other thread, that you have 6 months to apply for your kid's dependent visa. You have the same period left for your visa renewal/extension as well.

If I were you, I would apply extension of HSMP/Tier 1 visa and along with that apply for kid's & wife's dependent visa. This will save your huge money.Else you have to apply for your kid now and again at the time of your visa extension.

Other members can correct the info.

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Thanks for the info

Post by amitagar989 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks for the valuable info and as you said I am also planning to do the same. But even in that case, I would still need all the info on the queries I have asked earlier...Please advise.

Regards
Amit

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant Visa for Child born in UK

Post by amitagar989 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:52 pm

chetanojha wrote:
amitagar989 wrote:Dear All:

9. D9 - Purpose

Regards
Amit
As you mentioned in your other thread, that you have 6 months to apply for your kid's dependent visa. You have the same period left for your visa renewal/extension as well.

If I were you, I would apply extension of HSMP/Tier 1 visa and along with that apply for kid's & wife's dependent visa. This will save your huge money.Else you have to apply for your kid now and again at the time of your visa extension.

Other members can correct the info.
Could somebody please help with these queries here. I need to file my visa urgently and any assistance would be highly appreciated...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 am

1. B11 - Where will I get Home Office Reference Number? You can find this on the letter which HO sent you along with your HSMP visa approval.
2. B14 - Where will I get Points Based System Migrant reference number? Leave it blank or N/A.
3. C10 - What is this Dependants Identity Card for Foreign Nationals...I dont think I have one or even heard about it before. Mention that you are issued one. I think this is only applicable to people are entering new in this country.
4. D4 - Reference number on the Visa - I can see two numbers on my Visa, not sure which one to use. This should be Home Office Reference no. OR "OUR" reference no. on the HSMP approval letter.
5. D5 - Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable - Not sure how to answer this. My child is born here in UK with no Visa. Say No.As your kid has not travelled on any passport.
6. D6 - At which port did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in London - How shall I answer this. None.
7. D7 - How did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in UK - Did not arrive by any mode. None.
8. D8 - Give the details of the journey - No Journey None.
9. D9 - Purpose
10. D11 - Dependant's current immigration status --Dependent of HSMP visa holder
11. D12 - When does the dependant's current leave expire - Again no idea about this. Not Applicable.
12. F6 - PBS Migrant reference number Not Applicable.
13. H2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the PBS has been successful? No.
14. H4 - Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document? - I am currently on HSMP Visa..But still dont know what to mark here This depends on when you received your HSMP. Looking at your HSMP expiry date this should be NO.
16. J4 - What is meant by letter from A-rated sponsor - Main applicant is going to give a sponsorship letter. Isn't that going to be enough? Not Applicable.

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:37 am

Hi

My daughter was born here in the UK in Feb 2008, since i didnt need to travel, i only filed for her visa along with my renewal last month (she was already 16 months).

So like the other poster said, there's no rush.

As for the questions, most of them will not apply to ur child and you should just leave it blank. if u fill on the form that ur child was born here, dey wont expect you to fill anything on port of entry.

The ID thing, relates to tier two. You have to follow the instructions on the form, it tells you where to fill and when to skip. It's pretty simple and straightforward.
Just leave out any part that doesnt apply to the child.

But i'll advice you to either renew for all of you at once or wait till you're ready.

amitagar989
Newly Registered

Post by amitagar989 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 am

chetanojha wrote:
1. B11 - Where will I get Home Office Reference Number? You can find this on the letter which HO sent you along with your HSMP visa approval.
2. B14 - Where will I get Points Based System Migrant reference number? Leave it blank or N/A.
3. C10 - What is this Dependants Identity Card for Foreign Nationals...I dont think I have one or even heard about it before. Mention that you are issued one. I think this is only applicable to people are entering new in this country.
4. D4 - Reference number on the Visa - I can see two numbers on my Visa, not sure which one to use. This should be Home Office Reference no. OR "OUR" reference no. on the HSMP approval letter.
5. D5 - Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable - Not sure how to answer this. My child is born here in UK with no Visa. Say No.As your kid has not travelled on any passport.
6. D6 - At which port did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in London - How shall I answer this. None.
7. D7 - How did the dependant enter the UK - Child born in UK - Did not arrive by any mode. None.
8. D8 - Give the details of the journey - No Journey None.
9. D9 - Purpose
10. D11 - Dependant's current immigration status --Dependent of HSMP visa holder
11. D12 - When does the dependant's current leave expire - Again no idea about this. Not Applicable.
12. F6 - PBS Migrant reference number Not Applicable.
13. H2 - Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the PBS has been successful? No.
14. H4 - Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document? - I am currently on HSMP Visa..But still dont know what to mark here This depends on when you received your HSMP. Looking at your HSMP expiry date this should be NO.
16. J4 - What is meant by letter from A-rated sponsor - Main applicant is going to give a sponsorship letter. Isn't that going to be enough? Not Applicable.
Thanks a lot Chetanojha once again...Cant really infact thank you enough...Highly appreciate it...

laatif
Newly Registered

Post by laatif » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 pm

[quote="sanjacs"]Hi

I am going to apply for my visa FLR(HSMP extension) My daughter born here in UK march 2008 but we did not apply for visa if we apply now with our extension should we need to explain any thing thats why we did not apply earlier

I did not find any where any time limit for newly born kids visa.

Please help me