ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa from Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cbyrne187
Newly Registered

Family visa from Canada

Post by cbyrne187 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I am from England and my Girlfriend is Canadian. We have been together for 2 years now and we are undergoing a family sponsorship Visa where she is sponsoring me as my common law partner. I have been assured (famous last words) that due to my job title and offer with it being on the OUP list, plus the validity of my application, that it will pass so fingers crossed that is true.

I want to know if I can be within Canada (BC) staying with her parents on “holiday termsâ€

GlobalImmig
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalImmig » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes you can still travel to Canada to visit while your application is bring processed. The only thing is that you will have to carefully follow the law for temporary visitors to ensure you don't risk your application and you will have to return to the UK to obtain your visa and "land" in Canada.

cbyrne187
Newly Registered

Post by cbyrne187 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 am

Thank you VERY much for your reply.

I was thinking of going over and staying for 6 months as I understand that is the limited time that you can be within the country without a visa. Would you know if this time scale is correct?

Again thank you for your post.

GlobalImmig
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalImmig » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Yes 6 months is the maximum allowed time to remain as a visitor.