ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2 Visa...Do I need certificate of Sponsorship?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HareKrishna
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 Visa...Do I need certificate of Sponsorship?

Post by HareKrishna » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Dear members,
I am confused once i did my self-assessment test via HO websites to apply under tier-2 general category.
My situation is I am working with one job over 20 K and have PSW visa. But don't have certificate of sponsorship.But HO assessment test grants me 30 points from POST STUDY WORK SWITCHING.I will gain 10 points from my qualification & 10 points from my present earning,so it's alltogether 50 points,which shows eligible for me to switch to tier-2 skills worker category.
Could someone clearify me...still I need certificate of sponsorships or not???
If i need it..why HO self-assessment test gives me 50 point,as i ticked "NO" on Question asking,Do you have certificate of sponsorship from your sponsor.??
I will be grateful, if forum members try to asnwers my queries.
Thanking in advance...cheers.

moneymakesworry
Newly Registered

Re: PSW to Tier 2 Visa...Do I need certificate of Sponsorshi

Post by moneymakesworry » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:40 am

HareKrishna wrote:
Dear members,
I am confused once i did my self-assessment test via HO websites to apply under tier-2 general category.
My situation is I am working with one job over 20 K and have PSW visa. But don't have certificate of sponsorship.But HO assessment test grants me 30 points from POST STUDY WORK SWITCHING.I will gain 10 points from my qualification & 10 points from my present earning,so it's alltogether 50 points,which shows eligible for me to switch to tier-2 skills worker category.
Could someone clearify me...still I need certificate of sponsorships or not???
If i need it..why HO self-assessment test gives me 50 point,as i ticked "NO" on Question asking,Do you have certificate of sponsorship from your sponsor.??
I will be grateful, if forum members try to asnwers my queries.
Thanking in advance...cheers.
Yes you still need certificate of sponsorship. Only exception is you employer will not go through a residence labour test if you have been with them for last 6 months. You will be better off if you read policy guidelines given on HO website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... /applying/