ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will PGDBA be considered as Masters?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashwin_srao
Newly Registered

Will PGDBA be considered as Masters?

Post by ashwin_srao » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 am

Hello All,

Thanks a Lot.
Last edited by ashwin_srao on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Will PGDBA be considered as Masters?

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:54 am

ashwin_srao wrote:Hello All,
I am perusing PGDBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration) course with a reputed institution. Will PGDBA be considered as Masters by the Home office for applying Tier 1 visa?

Thanks a Lot.
Is your qualification listed in PBS list? If yes, then it will considered. If not, contact NARIC. Many people have got their quailification verified by NARIC.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:17 pm

chetanojha wrote:
I am perusing PGDBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration) course with a reputed institution. Will PGDBA be considered as Masters by the Home office for applying Tier 1 visa?

Thanks a Lot.
Is your qualification listed in PBS list? If yes, then it will considered. If not, contact NARIC. Many people have got their quailification verified by NARIC.
NARIC used to treat PGDM from IIM as Masters equivalent. I dont think the position has changed.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:37 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Thanks a Lot.
NARIC used to treat PGDM from IIM as Masters equivalent. I dont think the position has changed.
IIM is not in question here. There are many reputed colleges awards PGDBM but not listed in PBS list.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:45 am

it was brought to my attention that the pharmacy profession (Mpharm, Master of pharmacy) title is not found on the PBS list. a bit strange! the degree is taught at UK unis, and the only degree relevant to the profession. it is a total of 4 years course (undergraduate course).

any idea anyone?

Manisharnie

Post by Manisharnie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:33 am

I can tell you PGDBM from Symbiosis is not considered equivalent.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:17 pm

From my experiance PGDCA from a good UK university is not considered as equal to UK masters...

Thanks a Lot.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:37 am

Raoul wrote:it was brought to my attention that the pharmacy profession (Mpharm, Master of pharmacy) title is not found on the PBS list. a bit strange! the degree is taught at UK unis, and the only degree relevant to the profession. it is a total of 4 years course (undergraduate course).

any idea anyone?
that's what NARIC sent me today, utterly outrageous non sense in my honest opinion.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK's national qualifications frameworks.

Please note that we are not responsible for the processing visa applications and we are not able to advise you on points requirements. We recommend that you contact the Home Office directly.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us, stating your name and reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK NARIC

how could they teach us a master degree course, known as master of pharmacy and not consider it master?
i replied to NARIC questioning based on what they compare foreign degress with UK ones, as the ONLY pharmacy course taugh at UK universities is the Mpharm (Master of Pharmacy) course.....

any thoughts mates?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 am

Raoul wrote: how could they teach us a master degree course, known as master of pharmacy and not consider it master?
NARIC often decide that a master degree is not equivalent to a master degree in UK regardless whether it's called a master or not. Quite often it depends on the institution and the country that award the said degree. For example, if you have a degree awarded by a reputable institution in a reputable country then it shouldn't be a problem. A lot of degrees from the third world countries are "downgraded" in a way.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 am

xpscapable wrote:
Raoul wrote: how could they teach us a master degree course, known as master of pharmacy and not consider it master?
NARIC often decide that a master degree is not equivalent to a master degree in UK regardless whether it's called a master or not. Quite often it depends on the institution and the country that award the said degree. For example, if you have a degree awarded by a reputable institution in a reputable country then it shouldn't be a problem. A lot of degrees from the third world countries are "downgraded" in a way.
mate you are missing something! i have done the Mpharm course in the UK! it is the only course available to become a pharmacist in the UK. a total of 4 years at uni, with a research project.

Cheers