ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameer_naughti
Newly Registered

Overstay

Post by sameer_naughti » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 pm

CAN OVERSTAYER can get marraige date in ireland ? or any restrictions ?

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm

No, and second part then does not apply

sameer_naughti
Newly Registered

hii

Post by sameer_naughti » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:08 pm

hy thanx for reply
as far as i know ppl used to get marrauge date whaever if they were overstayed or without visa in ireland ,, so when did this law changed that they dont get marry date if u are out of your visa ? ?

because one of my friend is overstyayed and is wothout visa and wanted to get marry to his girlfriend ? so is that possible ?

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Must leave first and the re-enter legally. marriage does not legalise an illegal person, it will only provide evidence of convenient marriage. How is your friend going to prove residence in Ireland?

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Overstay

Post by ca.funke » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 pm

sameer_naughti wrote:CAN OVERSTAYER can get marraige date in ireland ? or any restrictions ?
It depends on who you want to marry:

If you want to marry an EU-foreigner (=EU - Irish), you're OK.

If you want to marry an Irish or 3rd-country citizen you're in trouble.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:03 pm

highstoolhero wrote:Must leave first and the re-enter legally. marriage does not legalise an illegal person, it will only provide evidence of convenient marriage. How is your friend going to prove residence in Ireland?
I don't think two people in love, deciding to get married earlier than they otherwise would, because one of the partner is in trouble, is considered as marriage of convenience.

Marriage of convenience is when there is no love or affection in the relationship and the only purpose for contracting the partnership is for convenience.

If he is in love with say for example and EU citizen, whom he probably would have married any way, but due to the turnoil he is facing and the need for their relationship not to break,he decides to marry him/her earlier than he would, it is certainly not convenience,
him marrying to that person, will mean he ceases to be illegal.

I think we have to stop being narrow minded about these things and look at the bigger picture.

It is a bit difficult to do it in the republic, as the marriage agency laises with the department of Justice. However Northern Ireland might not be as difficult if you get married at a Church of England, then you won't have to apply for the illegal COA
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:28 pm

sorry, thought I was explaining my understanding of facts. Perhaps my interpretation of the situation was incorrect, didn't realise that made me narrow-minded.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:40 pm

highstoolhero wrote:sorry, thought I was explaining my understanding of facts. Perhaps my interpretation of the situation was incorrect, didn't realise that made me narrow-minded.
I wish to retract my use of "Narrow minded" in that statement.

I was under the impression you were generalizing the OP's predicament.

I apologise for any distress i may have caused.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors